• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Thats your take on it. I tend to use my intuition in the power structure.

So do I. It took a while to become comfortable with it (since you are conforming to others' standards) but there's a whole lot to play with here

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff? -Substitute

This seems more Fe than Ne. A lot of people prefer music to lyrics, although I do pay attention to lyrics, a good riff or piano chord, gets deep into my core being everytime. This is why classical music is so important to my sense of sanity. I don't always have to have lyrics to appreciate lovely music.

Now to the topic of hand. Some of the intuitives have been extremely rude and cruel to sensors. Thank you to all the intuitives who have been sick of the biased thinking on the forum and sticking up of the sensors. I really love you for it.:wubbie:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?

Sure - if music in general really isn't his thing, but the connection between you two through your shared appreciation for the guy is really important to him. That's very ENFP.

Hell, I usually prefer melodies over lyrics, mostly because 90% of lyrics are the same formulaic crap. Then again, my parents did force me to listen to country music growing up. It's hard to explain to them how that sort of music is psychologically harmful to me!

That being said, if I notice something cool in a song, I'll keep that going in my head for days, both because I like it, and because those things tend to correspond with a good "theme song" for that point in my life. Some sort of weird pattern fits all the elements together.

Jaguar

Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?

Can you imagine a "true N" being stupid enough to judge whether a person is S or N based upon that flimsy evidence? :shock:

Some of the intuitives have been extremely rude and cruel to sensors. Thank you to all the intuitives who have been sick of the biased thinking on the forum and sticking up of the sensors. I really love you for it.:wubbie:

You're welcome.
:hi:

Frank

I think the flow between s and n is much more fluid than alot of Ns would like to admit. Yes an "s" can be just as creative, profound, insightful and abstract as most Ns. Some even more so.

Jaguar

I think the flow between s and n is much more fluid than alot of Ns would like to admit. Yes an "s" can be just as creative, profound, insightful and abstract as most Ns. Some even more so.

I don't know what their problem is, but I'm with you on this matter.

I value my Se.
I envision my functions lined up at the line of scrimmage on a football field.
Side by side.
Not behind one another.
I see them with equal power, working as a team.

I think a lot of the problems in this forum stem from not only ignorance,
but also immaturity.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I agree with the above. I like sensors. Sometimes y'all just think I'm weird, but when we get along, it's fun.

I wish I had more Se. I'm sick of spacing out and not noticing things and realizing I just walked past something cool, but now it's gone.

wolfy

awsm
but also immaturity.

Yeah, I agree. People looking for ways to bolster their ego, reinforce their identities.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
There is no right and wrong with MBTI. It's an aritficial construct to help categorize for discourse. It's no more real than the id and the ego.

Even though I have taken several tests over many (20) years, I always come out ENTP which I love because it is obviously the best type :worthy: On the other hand, I am still not 100% convinced that I am not I, F or J. But S? I don't even understand what that describes and I don't think I ever will. Even if I am an S.

Re: OP and being frustrated that someone has potentially mistyped themselves. Does that classify as serious J-ness?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
but also immaturity.

The only problem with such statements is they can mean a lot of things and therefore can mask a lot of maturity already achieved but in different fields than oneselves.

For example you can have a mature artist, a mature husband, a mature scientist and whatsoever.

Of course you are prolly talking about the age from birth till the point someone firstly gets the opportunity to participate in real life. And for that period I agree with you.

I am just not ready yet to call our kids immature, cause after all they would be our responsibility.

Jaguar

I agree with the above. I like sensors. Sometimes y'all just think I'm weird, but when we get along, it's fun.

I wish I had more Se. I'm sick of spacing out and not noticing things and realizing I just walked past something cool, but now it's gone.

Start walking through art galleries.
I'm an NT and I love art--especially photography.

MBTI only indicates preferences.
It doesn't indicate strength, skill, or ability.

There are SPs who suck at art,
and NTs who suck at being smart.

There are SJs who suck at protecting,
and NFs who suck at connecting.

Frank

There is no right and wrong with MBTI. It's an aritficial construct to help categorize for discourse. It's no more real than the id and the ego.

Even though I have taken several tests over many (20) years, I always come out ENTP which I love because it is obviously the best type :worthy: On the other hand, I am still not 100% convinced that I am not I, F or J. But S? I don't even understand what that describes and I don't think I ever will. Even if I am an S.

Re: OP and being frustrated that someone has potentially mistyped themselves. Does that classify as serious J-ness?

While I am no expert at it, Se is one kick-ass way to get things done.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Alright we gotta take this back to S types are stupid, its not as fun putting an N in his place if sensors arent known as stupid. Damn it, I want to be the under dog:devil:

Jaguar

I am just not ready yet to call our kids immature, cause after all they would be our responsibility.

"Our kids?" What does that mean?
The kids in this forum?

I had a 15-year old kid, send me a rep comment that read:
"Get hit by a milk truck."

:angry:

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Start walking through art galleries.
I'm an NT and I love art--especially photography.

MBTI only indicates preferences.
It doesn't indicate strength, skill, or ability.

There are SPs who suck at art,
and NTs who suck at being smart.

There are SJs who suck at protecting,
and NFs who suck at connecting.
You're saying an ISTP's skill with Ni would be just as impressive as an INTJ's?

Oh, Jaguar, I was the one who left you that rep comment. I remember you being wrong and making an ass of yourself. A "Fuck you" would've been rude of me, so the milk truck thing just came to me ... I think I was drinking milk, probably chocolate ...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright we gotta take this back to S types are stupid, its not as fun putting an N in his place if sensors arent known as stupid. Damn it, I want to be the under dog:devil:

Could be, but we prefer to let it out for a response than to actually take the thoughts and put them into action :)

sculpting

Oh, Jaguar, I was the one who left you that rep comment. I remember you being wrong and making an ass of yourself. A "Fuck you" would've been rude of me, so the milk truck thing just came to me ... I think I was drinking milk, probably chocolate ...

not impressive perhaps but complementary. All the functions complement to make up a balanced human population that provided social stability to keep the species propogating. Like corn or soybeans...

There is a reason INTJs make up less than 5% of the population-how often does anyone really need that much NiTe and does it really increase your chances of making more babies from an evolutionary sense? (I havent hooked up with an INTJ, so cant comment here on the magic of NiTe...:devil:)

As for ISTPs they sort of self eliminate and keep themselves at 5%- :) you can only drive so fast for so long without a statistical decrease in population...They are fun while they are around!

Jag likes milk, but only when in a dish, not at 40 mph under the truck.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
BAH! Filthy sensor, always walking around breathing the Intuitive mans air!
I say we load em all on a boat and send em back to their own country!