• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If i could interupt a sec....by your observations of my posts....what's my type?

I dunno; I don't read a lot of your posts. INTP sounds like a fine guess thus far but I'd need some more personal interaction with you to really have any meaningful ideas on it.

Sensor is like, the ultimate diss on here. Didn't you know? You must have not been informed by the cool kids that think sensors are worse. :newwink:

And you aren't the only intuitive sick of it.

Haha, you're right about the prevalent attitude here, but I'm really starting to find Te a hell of a lot more annoying than either S function. :)

I do, however, find perpetuation of the simplistic black-and-white attitudes involved in such type-discrimination to be a rather bizarre method of going about trying to change it.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I dunno; I don't read a lot of your posts. INTP sounds like a fine guess thus far but I'd need some more personal interaction with you to really have any meaningful ideas on it.

Thanks sim. Is ENFP/INTP hybrid possible in your professional opinion?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sensor is like, the ultimate diss on here. Didn't you know? You must have not been informed by the cool kids that think sensors are worse. :newwink:

And you aren't the only intuitive sick of it.

Yes, this thread is mistitled - it should read

If There's Anything Worse than a Sensor, It's a Sensor who Thinks He's Intuitive.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks sim. Is ENFP/INTP hybrid possible in your professional opinion?

Probably not. People who think they're "hybrids" are usually either borderline between two types that differ by only one letter (most often the E/I), or have unbalanced cognitive processes.

For instance if you meet someone that appears to be Ni-Ti, it's probably an INFJ (Ni-Fe-Ti-Se) with broken Fe.

"INTP/ENFP hybrid" doesn't really make sense, however, because the functional makeup doesn't work.

ENFP = Ne+Fi
INTP = Ti+Ne

If you happen to be very very borderline on both E/I and T/F, then you'd have to call yourself xNxP, but most people who think they're super borderline are actually just uninformed about typology and don't know enough yet to figure out their actual types. In order to be that, though, you'd have to give virtually equal priority to Ne, Ti and Fi, which seems rather unlikely (though is possible.)

Keep talking though and I'll probably work it out. Suffice it to say I don't think F is very likely at all, and that N and P are fairly certain.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"INTP/ENFP hybrid" doesn't really make sense, however, because the functional makeup doesn't work.

ENFP = Ne+Fi
INTP = Ti+Ne

Does this make sense or am i missing out something?
Ti 46
Ne 43.8
Fi 41.3

Enyway i dont feel like enfp at all, maybe because Fe is only 6.9

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like sensors are missing a part of thinking process, personally i wouldnt like that. And im not saying that they are stupid, but on some situations theyr thinking is flawed, but so are some of intuitives.

Sometimes intuitive thinking is very flawed, too. N's miss things, too. Sometimes they miss things that are right in front of their faces because they're so sensotarded.

I wasnt saying that i think ur a sensor, i was asking if thats the reason you get mad..

The sensor bashing bothers me, too, and I'm not a sensor. It's...stupid. But I do get a kick out of the irony of people putting other people down for being "less than" when they're the ones who are acting pretty closed-minded and dumb.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wouldn't say N's are superior, i think it is more that can articulate themselves so well and grasp concepts so easily. I wouldn't mind being one for a day (at least). What has been nice is the amount of sensors taking part in this thread though. For the most part we shy off to our own forums, and it has been nice that we have all been able to interact with each other. :)

On a sightly different note though. I don't need to know a persons type to realise what a disrespectful asshole they are being. Seeing though that they choose to attack one's character instead of the argument .. well you see the type coming through. You are rude. :shock:

Shall we get back to the subject in hand now?

I'm rude? I was saying the opposite of what you think I said. I was annoyed by the glorification of Ns in this thread. I was saying that it was lame to assume that Ss want to be Ns.:huh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm rude? I was saying the opposite of what you think I said. I was annoyed by the glorification of Ns in this thread. I was saying that it was lame to assume that Ss want to be Ns.:huh:

Darling .. No. You got it wrong, sorry. :blush:

I replied to you.
Then said 'on a different note', and was talking about someone else being rude on here.

:hug:

Unique

^Unique- :yay:

Totally agree with all of that.

On the internet it's difficult to see that S and N are equal, especially on here since this is such an N biased environment. In practice I've seen that N and S are equal, in conversation we both offer a unique viewpoint, in problem solving we offer a different viewpoint, I could go on.

I call you my ISTP brother for a reason. :newwink:

:) 123

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Humans are social animals. The basics of teamwork are an instinctual survival skill. We are, to an extent, made to excel in different areas so as to cover each others' weaknesses. I wish people, in general, could see that.

S's sometimes miss the forest for the trees, while N's occasionally can't see the trees that make the forest.

My ISTJ best friend prides himself for his sensory preference, I take great pride in my intuition. However, we cover each other on almost all fronts, and work exceptionally well as a team. There is great value in both viewpoints.

Edit: I think it's also worth noting that some people let their archetype limit them a little. We all have some level of intuition and sense. Even as abysmally undeveloped as my Se is, it's still there...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does this make sense or am i missing out something?
Ti 46
Ne 43.8
Fi 41.3

Enyway i dont feel like enfp at all, maybe because Fe is only 6.9

I guess I missed this at the time you posted it, but...

ENFPs don't use Fe...they're extroverted iNtuitors first (Ne) and introverted Feelers second (Fi.)

In any event based on this your screen name is probably pretty accurate.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I still find this strange. Sensors, particularly the extraverts, pretty much dominate the first 25 years of life. Maybe if there were a greater knowledge of how hellish the formative years can be for an intuitive that they wouldn't see it as being such a great thing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I see no evidence why Sensors shouldnt experience equal problems in their youth like everyone has. I find it to easy to put the blame around on N and S things, cause I got bullied around when I was 15. My istp dad used to say: winning teaches you nothing and he was right about it.

What I find intresting is the fact that for example: an istp detective could come off as totally N, cause he has got a strong intuition about things, is but a total sensor. That is: his N shines so strong in the person, cause otherwise he is a total S.

That's a very faint idea and I wont go deeper into it.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
^
What's with new INTPs joining this forum and posting trolling remarks either in rep comments or in public?

Great, another mortabunt.

It's what they do. Although I'd be guilty of calling the kettle black if I said that I never tried it once in my life.

Also the difference between INTP and ISTP is so small(in description, anyway) that it's all too common that the two mix each other up, especially for really Borderline S/Ns.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I see no evidence why Sensors shouldnt experience equal problems in their youth like everyone has. I find it to easy to put the blame around on N and S things, cause I got bullied around when I was 15. My istp dad used to say: winning teaches you nothing and he was right about it.

What I find intresting is the fact that for example: an istp detective could come off as totally N, cause he has got a strong intuition about things, is but a total sensor. That is: his N shines so strong in the person, cause otherwise he is a total S.

That's a very faint idea and I wont go deeper into it.

The main difference is that sensors still speak the language of the power structure, so to speak. Intuitives get in trouble not so much for anything personal as much as having a fundamental communication break with the vast majority of the population.

Sensors have the benefit of engaging with the shared world that we all experience. No matter what, that will develop commonalities much more easily with a wider group of people than someone with a vivid imagination, if few can engage with it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The main difference is that sensors still speak the language of the power structure, so to speak. Intuitives get in trouble not so much for anything personal as much as having a fundamental communication break with the vast majority of the population.

Sensors have the benefit of engaging with the shared world that we all experience. No matter what, that will develop commonalities much more easily with a wider group of people than someone with a vivid imagination, if few can engage with it

Thats your take on it. I tend to use my intuition in the power structure.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

Actually, I've never heard a N claims to be an S. Do Intuitives peoples are so bad that they can't understand the wonder chance of being a Sensor?:rolli: