• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We all have the ability to use our senses and intuition.
Wake up.
It's a PREFERENCE assessment. Get it?
Preference does not indicate its strength or quality.
That means an S could be more intuitive than you.
Come on, think.

Anyone can search my posts, and know I score ENTJ and INTJ.
Is your "probability" drivel supposed to impress me?

It did not.

Oh, stop picking fights. Probability is a perfectly reasonable concept that Te would do well to learn about. (Remember that whole "childish need for black and white certainty" thing? It's characteristic of ENTJs too, not just S types.)

Doesn't it strike you as a little odd that his intuitive "probability" correctly labeled you as xNTJ? Could it be that maybe you don't have to have measurable test results for everything before drawing reasonably probable conclusions?

Man, your dom/aux functions are like an abusive relationship where Ni is the battered wife hiding in the corner.

I know where you got that inane question from:
Similar Minds.com.

Of course the tests are flawed.
So is MBTI.

Are you suggesting "I am weird" was an S/N question?
If so, how would you know?
You don't.

This is what makes this thread even more ridiculous.
There is no proof of anyone's type.
It's all assumption of truth.

Assumptions are bullshit.

Yes, assuming facts with certainty based on intuitive hunches is bullshit. That is not what N-dominant people are doing in most cases and you need to stop holding intuitive statements to thinking standards. Again mistaken context gets the better of you.

If you insist on continually interpreting generalized observations as completed/fully researched judgments, that's not really Ne's problem. It's funny how similar Te dominance and Ti dominance look sometimes.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We all have the ability to use our senses and intuition.
Wake up.
It's a PREFERENCE assessment. Get it?
Preference does not indicate its strength or quality.
That means an S could be more intuitive than you.
Come on, think.

I see... That is your opinion about the MBTI personalities. I think people are bent towards a personality type and you think people are the personality type they prefer. If you choose to see it that way, fine.
I do know that we can change personality types on will but we bend towards one IMO.
Anyone can search my posts, and know I score ENTJ and INTJ.
Is your "probability" drivel supposed to impress me?

It did not.
Did you think I actually took some time to try and discover your type on any other posts you may have made? I figured it out on the basis of the way you argue, the way you think and the way you align your writing.
I was not trying to impress you. I was trying to prove a point. Although I guess you do not comprehend it.

Jaguar

Oh, stop picking fights. Probability is a perfectly reasonable concept that Te would do well to learn about.

Here we go again. Stimulated World is on his period.
Hey, I'll send you a box of tampons.

Now it's my turn to tell you what you need to learn:
corroborating evidence.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have no idea why the OP is babbling on like this.

Because that's what we do, the intersection of theory and reality. If one doesn't match the other, something is needed, either investigation or conclusion, making either way, babble.

And it'll do no good to insist this is mistaken method.

But the person is in dire need of a reality check.
It is worthless to slam anyone with an S preference,
when so many people--not only INTJs-- fall so close to the S/N midpoint.

There is a gigantic difference between someone's real cognitive makeup and their real ability to recognise their cognitive makeup. That's presumably why many of the MBTI questions are so dumb--they try to hit the mark between technical language and the accessible. Thus, scores notwithstanding, no one falls near the midpoint.

Jung espoused wholeness and balance.

Jung touched himself a lot.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here we go again. Stimulated World is on his period.
Hey, I'll send you a box of tampons.

Now it's my turn to tell you what you need to learn:
corroborating evidence.

Wow, terrific argument. You'll have to come by later and give me some lessons on the finer points of poorly executed and totally irrelevent ad hominem nonsense.

Let me guess, my mother is a whore too, right?

Boring.

Corroborating evidence doesn't apply to intuitive reasoning. Intuition is the process of generating the idea or concept itself; Thinking comes in when you're measuring for precision and consistency. Unfortunately for you, many real and useful concepts in real life are neither measurable nor consistent. Find me some "corroborating evidence" for any major philosophical topics; when you're exploring concepts that aren't inherently measurable you can't expect measurable corroborating evidence.

For the love of God grow some N. Nobody wants to talk to your Te; put it on a fucking leash already.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm going to make an "Intuitives who think they are sensors" thread and totally target Little Linguist.
There is always the one and the only good post, in any given thread.
Thank you again, shortnsweet.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What MBTI measures is commonly known by professionals, and non-professsionals alike.
It is not opinion.

Although I hate Wikipedia I've decide to go on it (because it was the first result I had encountered) and quickly quote the following:
...designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions...
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what someone is most comfortable being, the same as "psychological preferences". Although I perhaps did not make myself clear this is what I meant.
And thus you should then realise our subconscious is bent towards a personality type. And as I said before we can of course change it at will at any given environment but ultimately your subconscious "prefers" one type.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
How many sensors actually care about MBTI, in general, anyway?

I don't think the demographics of archetypes in MBTI forums reflect closely to real world demographics, at all.

There could be more intuitives that give a damn about MBTI because, for the simple reason that, not a lot of sensors care about it.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

I don't think the demographics of archetypes in MBTI forums reflect closely to real world demographics, at all.

There could be more intuitives that give a damn about MBTI because, for the simple reason that, not a lot of sensors care about it.

That's what I always thought was the case.
Most of my Sensor friends are far from interested in MBTI as much as I am.

ALSO WATCH OUT FOR BAD PERSONALITY TESTS ONLINE HUMANMETRICS HAS THE BIGGEST INTUITIVE BIAS EVER!!!!!!!!!

The KTS is better but it still has an Intuitive bias.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not nearly as many an iNtuitives, but there are definitely a number of them out there. I know an ESFP who can often type people without even talking to them via their body language, and I think that's pretty damn impressive.

Unique

Intuitives are seen in some weird 'amazing' light for some reason, from what I can tell they have a longer process to reach conclusions, its more complex and is that a good thing? I don't know but I'm sure glad I'm a sensor

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What MBTI measures is commonly known by professionals, and non-professsionals alike.
It is not opinion.

You want black and white certainty?

K here you go, champ: On this point you are 100% dead wrong, and nobody wants to hear you parrot the same tired bullshit about how our typology system is "totally useless" simply because you are incapable of separating modern typology from the clearly error-riddled MBTI "test."

If you still think psychological type is a testable proposition at all, I can only conclude that you're either in denial or a complete troll, neither of which makes for particularly interesting conversation.

Seriously dude, you and Victor have worn that :strawman: out so many times by now that his poor little anus must be getting awfully sore.

Maybe you should follow the mustache's lead and move on to paranoid anti-Islamist propaganda in between bouts of inane drivel bordering on the totally asinine+hysterically emotional overreaction (always in private via rep or PM, of course) when anybody points out the myriad problems with your self-righteous absurdity. Yep, you two would make quite the fucking pair!

Find a new argument. This one fails, and it is you who is in "dire need of a reality check."

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what I always thought was the case.
Most of my Sensor friends are far from interested in MBTI as much as I am.

ALSO WATCH OUT FOR BAD PERSONALITY TESTS ONLINE HUMANMETRICS HAS THE BIGGEST INTUITIVE BIAS EVER!!!!!!!!!

The KTS is better but it still has an Intuitive bias.

Keirsey's type descriptions themselves are pretty objective, though.

But whatever you do, kids, don't go to Personality Page.

As far as tests, the one at personalitytests.net or whatever it's called is pretty good. The descriptions are also pretty good.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The only reason I can see why someone would care about others mistyping themselves is if the person in question has attached their identity to a type.

Jaguar

The only reason I can see why someone would care about others mistyping themselves is if the person in question has attached their identity to a type.

Boy do you deserve a prize.

I get bitched at all the time for not listing a type.
I don't give a rats ass if I am ENTJ, INTJ, or any other kind of J.
Does it really matter?

Why sure it does. To some.
If you don't list a type,
how else would poeple be able to attack you in this forum?

Look at this thread we're in.
An asshole, denigrating a "sensor."
Wow that's really mature.

I am so sick of this stereotyping crap.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Boy do you deserve a prize.

I get bitched at all the time for not listing a type.
I don't give a rats ass if I am ENTJ, INTJ, or any other kind of J.
Does it really matter?

Why sure it does. To some.
If you don't list a type,
how else would poeple be able to attack you in this forum?
You spelled people wrong.

Look at this thread we're in.
An asshole, denigrating a "sensor."
Wow that's really mature.

I am so sick of this stereotyping crap.
Why do think I denigrate a "sensor" as you put it?

It's funny that you get pissed off over something that you can't stand to comprehend.
To many people here, it's just like some eccentric retard spouting a bunch of nonsense that they don't give two shits about.
You also make assumptions based on what your mind perceives which contradicts one of your posts that state that assumptions are bullshit.
If you think this thread is too mentally retarded for you then why post? Why come here at all?
You also have the nerve to call yourself open minded.
Open minded? You don't understand the people here at all and you call yourself open minded?
If you did understand them, you'd actually communicate in a way that convinces them rather than bash them.
And as you put it "Wow, that's really mature."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Intuitives are seen in some weird 'amazing' light for some reason, from what I can tell they have a longer process to reach conclusions, its more complex and is that a good thing? I don't know but I'm sure glad I'm a sensor

I think it's good that you said this. Not everyone is dying to be an N. I feel like there's this assumption in this particular thread that Ns are "superior" and everyone wants to be like them.

Lame.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's good that you said this. Not everyone is dying to be an N. I feel like there's this assumption in this particular thread that Ns are "superior" and everyone wants to be like them.

I said at the beginning of this thread "Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?" as in I couldn't really understand why people that would be seen as a sensors wouldn't like it. I have no apparent clue as to why people thought it as an insult to sensors.