User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 262

  1. #71
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea and then remind them to switch to geico because its so easy even an S can do it.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  2. #72
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    I read the thread, but you put this condescending twist on it- like being an S is dirt.

    Both traits have use in this world. And while you prefer to use iNtuition, it doesn't mean you have no sensing capabilities at all.

    I read the INTJ profile, and while I have a whole lot of commonalities with the description, there are some clear areas in there where I know I'm different. Of the 4 traits, my S/N is the least skewed ('moderately' expressed) where I'm a slightly expressed introvert and significantly expressed thinker and judger. So I use intuition, but my preference is in the here and now.

  3. #73
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    The tests really ARE confusing. If you don't have any training or experience with "spotting" types, or someone who can explain the theory to you, "false" results are bound to occur because what you think you SHOULD be tends to play up quite a lot. Misinterpretation of the functions and questions is a problem. I find a great many questions in the "Please Understand Me" books to be vague, leading or garbling. An overhaul is needed.

    I have N friends who tests S, and S friends who test N.

  4. #74
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I would suggest printing off the descriptions on best fit. Some of the descriptions on the net and in books are not very good. Who wants to hear...

    INTJ Talents: strategy Career: CEO of Ice cream company.
    ISFP Talents: Refined taste Career: Food Taster at Ice cream company.
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Well, I'm sure seeing a lack of interest in my broader point, in favor of details.
    Actually its like rewritting the theory, whats the point of focusing on the parts that are correct. I would rather focus on the details so I can rewrite it to actually fit real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    That situation is possible, but I disagree. I think society, in some circles more than in others, values N traits. SPs like to be creative, that's a good example. Intellectuals like to be inventive, abstract, and deep. And in elementary school, the teachers/parents show kids how great it is to reach for their big dreams and change the world.
    Its statements like this that make people want to be N. You may not realize it, but you basically said Ss are not intellectual and deep and then went on to explain why its ok. Sometimes we are so quick to defend ourselves, especially against our inferior function, we dont realize we are steering others in saying that S's are not intellectual, abstract, and deep.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
    Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

    EDIT:
    This thread is about natural sensors who think they are intuitives not about my friends. To cancel out further misunderstandings.
    You sound like an ISFJ, and a youngen at that, getting so worked up about properly role-playing MBTI types b/w friends; are you sure you're INTJ?

  7. #77
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    I think someone just unleashed the ISTPs on this thread. *High fives Poki and Grayscale*.....
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  8. #78
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Its statements like this that make people want to be N. You may not realize it, but you basically said Ss are not intellectual and deep and then went on to explain why its ok. Sometimes we are so quick to defend ourselves, especially against our inferior function, we dont realize we are steering others in saying that S's are not intellectual, abstract, and deep.
    I'm saying that that's why Ss may think they are Ns, because that's how descriptions or tests portray them.

    I'm glad you wrote that first line, because that shows my point.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 08-07-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Poki's first sentence
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #79
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    ISTPs have leashes?

  10. #80
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post

    And just like Jaguar said, just because you're a sensor, doesn't mean you're not intuitive. .
    This thread was started by an INTJ.
    I once posted scores of a group of INTJs.
    The majority of them were near the midpoint of S/N.
    So close, in fact, we're talking almost 50-50.

    I have no idea why the OP is babbling on like this.
    But the person is in dire need of a reality check.
    It is worthless to slam anyone with an S preference,
    when so many people--not only INTJs-- fall so close to the S/N midpoint.

    Jung espoused wholeness and balance,
    rather than falling on an unbalanced ass with a resounding thud.

Similar Threads

  1. Are atheists as important as they think they are
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
  2. What type is most likely to think they are every type?
    By sillyface in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  3. iNtuitors thinking they are Sensors
    By nightning in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  4. Sensors that think they are Intuitives?
    By Antimony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
  5. Js who think they are P
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO