User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    A lot of SPs test as Ns specifically, because we take the test questions literally. So if a test asks do you prefer to do things the old way or find a new way, we are always going to say a new way. But the SP view of what a "new way" is differs greatly from the N view of it. The SP way is more like a new twist on an old way. I can see that now that I'm in my 30's, but for most of my life, I would have told you that all my ideas/methods were original. So it's not surprising I would choose the "N" answer to many questions.
    Couldn't agree more.

From the ISFP description on best fit:

Probably Im the happiest when things are just a little different everyday. I dont want to commit to any particular way to be. I want to be able to be a lot of ways.

Maybe that's why I've changed my type at least six times now? And up to the last few days I was confident I was an 'N'. A lot of it, as well, has to do with the fact that I am intelligent, was awarded academic scholarships to high school and college, I -gasp- love to read, etc. You get the impression from reading these forums and the type descriptions that the SP types are numbskulls who spend all day fooling around. Oh wait, I do that... but I'm not an idiot. But yes, I would rather go to a concert where I can experience the music, not to mention get drunk (although every time afterwards I reprimand myself to stick to the three drink rule... but then a new situation arrives and I want it! And why not? It's fun!) than sit around and think up theories.

Life is for living, not for analyzing, in my opinion. Although I can 'play' in that realm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
    Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

EDIT:
    This thread is about natural sensors who think they are intuitives not about my friends. To cancel out further misunderstandings.
    I definitely know what you mean. Roughly, I think about 70% of the population are Sensors...and WAY too many people I know, statistically speaking, are claiming to be Intuitives. Those people also seem to be rather fond of S bashing. I suspect because Intuitves have the connotation of being more visionary/smarter/original etc... They are able to make connections and understand things on a large scale. Consequently I will venture to say the majority of great thinkers/visionaries were Intuitives. For me it is hard to tell whether some of the people I know are true Ns or not... Some aspects of their personalities would lead me to say they are definitely Ns...but when they can't keep up with my ideas/theories/correlations... I start thinking S...
    It is interesting to note the inferiority complex some people have about their Myers Briggs type... usually with N and S and to a slightly lesser extent T and F. Accusing an N, or a N who is an S in denial, of being an S is very touchy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, I've never heard a N claims to be an S. Do Intuitives peoples are so bad that they can't understand the wonder chance of being a Sensor?:rolli:
    I started out on this forum as ISTP and half the members agreed but the other half which also included you said I was INTP so I might be an N who mistyped myself as an S.
    evidence -
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    5w6 INTP.
    taken from the linked thread below:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-5w4-intp.html

So you see if I really am an N I was one who claimed to be an S of course I should not judge you by this post as it is 3 years old but still you were proven wrong assuming I was an N mistyped as S!

btw the OP said I could be called an INTP on the below link:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...25420&page=253

And Speed I don't see why you think of yourself as an S anyway. For all I know you could be another N mistyped as S though only you could answer that for yourself, just a possibility.

Glycerine

A few people see me as XSFJ so who knows? Lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    Dude, the most interesting part of this thread was finding out that you used to get annoyed.

But now you can even tolerate Riva!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i haven't read the whole thing but the descriptions can be confusing.

i remember when i first joined and reading the difference between se and ne...it was sort of hard to distinguish.

and i only sort of understand se now...just enough to get that i'm not very good at it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Dude, the most interesting part of this thread was finding out that you used to get annoyed.

But now you can even tolerate Riva!
    Oh, this is only a shallow bit of what I used to be Rasofy.

garbage

This thread sure is a neat lil' bit of nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm just gonna increase my post count by posting in this thread

Here I go
    Apparently, the two things that have been relatively consistent for me are my preference for intuition/openness and my sardonic attitude toward forum quibbles.

I can't believe I read this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I have, by the bye, an ISFP buddy who really much prefers the INFP type descriptions. So, in my humble opinion, he's an ISFP who prefers the INFP type descriptions. That he likes the type descriptions doesn't make him an INFP, but it does mean that something in there appeals to him. If he wanted to be accurate (and extroverted about being accurate), he could find a better way of describing what it is appeals and why.
    Yeah, I think some of it is the fault of folk typology and poor descriptions/explanations in the literature, as well as how utterly abysmal the tests for MBTI are. My hubby’s ESFP cousin took the test for school and came out ENFJ and now goes around calling herself ENFJ. DUDE… arrrgh. I’ve tried explaining the function-attitudes and giving her a more complete and sound tour of the framework, logically leading to why that might not be the best fit, but each time about 30 sec into it her eyes glaze over. Whatev.

Then you have Ss that would never want to be “accused” of being an N, like my ESTJ, hehe. He would consider those fighting words.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hah! Oh, you just can. What talent do you have that your friends don't, may I ask?
    If one studies something intensely you get to where application is increasingly adept and precise. Like a doctor interpreting an EEG or other medical test. There is always room for error, but that’s the benefit that comes with intensely applying oneself to an art or subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Edit: In regards to preference, maybe Personality Type Theory is one way for Sensors to indulge their Intuitive side once in a while, and so when thinking about MBTI etc., they are thinking about their Intuitive side. They may think they are looking into the "deeper" parts of themselves, and that that must be their "true" selves because of it being deepest.
    This is a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I honestly think I'm a sensor. I don't lack intuitive ability whatsoever, and I don't lack sensory ability either. I'm borderline. I rely on my senses and concrete, tangible information more. Does this make me worse at intuiting? No. I don't RELY on my intuition, I use intuition as a valuable tool though.
    Exactly. Just like Fs reason and Ts feel/emote/value. The preference is still there. But functions are subject to development.

And to address the subject of S bashing – it’s stupid. Thank goodness for Ss… if the world were nothing but Ns… the horror man….

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I can tell the difference between a sensor and an intuitive.
    Me too…. omgosh Oaky…. We think exactly alike…. I’m definitely an INTJ too.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I have fooled you all! I am @mooseantlers!
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.