• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors who think they are Intuitives

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know exactly what you mean. I gave one sensor a test, and he came out ENFP, and he was definitely more like ISFJ or ISFP. An ESFP comes out ENFP. I just look at them and know. Most intuitives care to look into personality, and a lot of sensors just don't care, in my experience.

(I <3 Fight Club)

So what about Sensors who are extremely interested in personality? Are they really Intuitives, in your opinion?

And why would the test be wrong and you be right? I mean, I'm assuming these people are taking multiple tests and comparing results.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what about Sensors who are extremely interested in personality? Are they really Intuitives, in your opinion?

And why would the test be wrong and you be right? I mean, I'm assuming these people are taking multiple tests and comparing results.

Well, no, I don't. Not in general. I said in general, and from my experience. I wasn't saying they weren't because they didn't care.

And no, they are taking one test.

And I know the ones that are sensors. There is a big difference between and ISFJ and an ENFP in my opinion, there are the differences in ESFP's and ENFP's, etc.

Knowing these people for a long time, I come to figure whether they are NF's or NT's easily.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Well I wanted to be an ISFP at one point so I could draw better. :(

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hah! Oh, you just can. What talent do you have that your friends don't, may I ask?

Not a talent, more of a skill. I've been reading about mbti types since I read the book "The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language". A very interesting book. It's a book teaching one how to read mbti personality types on people. I definitely recommend it. Not that I'm sure you'd be interested.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a talent, more of a skill. I've been reading about mbti types since I read the book "The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language". A very interesting book. It's a book teaching one how to read mbti personality types on people. I definitely recommend it. Not that I'm sure you'd be interested.

Okay. Why not give this book to your Sensing friends, then? Or have you already?

wolfy

awsm
If you and our friends know your type and sit around discussing it you are more than likely a bunch of Ns.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you and our friends know your type and sit around discussing it you are more than likely a bunch of Ns.

Actually, I force the subject on them. They only go back to personality types when they do something that makes them feel guilty and want reassurance that their personality types are like that.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been subject to having a bias against sensors before because I've mostly seen the unhealthy side of sensing personalities.

But now I see it more as a difference as I've seen how useful they can be with their huge amount of attention to details (which can get annoying...)

I do, however, think it's mostly SFJs that I've had problems with as I've had experiences where they only pay attention to information that agrees with their beliefs, and some will stand by the stupidest information no matter how irrelevant it is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been subject to having a bias against sensors before because I've mostly seen the unhealthy side of sensing personalities.

But now I see it more as a difference as I've seen how useful they can be with their huge amount of attention to details (which can get annoying...)

I do, however, think it's mostly SFJs that I've had problems with as I've had experiences where they only pay attention to information that agrees with their beliefs, and some will stand by the stupidest information no matter how irrelevant it is.

I've seen NTs and NFs only pay attention to information that agrees with their beliefs, particularly where politics are concerned. ( This means all political parties, I'm not just saying this happens with one, because that would be a lie.)

I like sensors. Not all are bad. Some are very good. I have friends, family, and ex-lovers who are sensors. To generalize them is just as stupid as you're saying they are.

Sensors make the world go around. They do lots of necessary things that many Ns don't want to do, or if they did have to do it, they'd whine and philosophize about it.

So never think that sensors don't matter. To the contrary.

MBTI Type
INxJ
It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.

How does that really affect you though? Other than your own negative feelings about their statements, which you can change at anytime.

Honestly, it's really difficult to type other people. Even if you get it right, it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. MBTI has no empirical or scientific value. It's not worth getting upset over.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP

So you can read your friends better than they can read themselves?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
First of all, MBTI measures "preferences."
There is no proof you are INTJ.
There is no proof your friend is ISFJ.
This has always been the problem with self-assessments.

Furthermore, preferring sensing over intuition does not mean a person lacks inuitive ability.
Preferring intuition does not mean a person lacks sensing ability.
If it did, you'd be blind and deaf.

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you.

Hallelujah.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Furthermore, preferring sensing over intuition does not mean a person lacks inuitive ability.
Preferring intuition does not mean a person lacks sensing ability.
If it did, you'd be blind and deaf.

Thank god.

I honestly think I'm a sensor. I don't lack intuitive ability whatsoever, and I don't lack sensory ability either. I'm borderline. I rely on my senses and concrete, tangible information more. Does this make me worse at intuiting? No. I don't RELY on my intuition, I use intuition as a valuable tool though.

Personally I think it's the Ns who are the "bad guys". Why rely on intangible information or your conclusions? Why not just rely on the information laid out before you and then come to a reasonable conclusion or figure out what could come out of what is laid out before you? :D

To answer the OP, you seem SO freaking J. "They are labeled incorrectly! Must... fix...!!! *twitch*"

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How does that really affect you though? Other than your own negative feelings about their statements, which you can change at anytime.

Honestly, it's really difficult to type other people. Even if you get it right, it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. MBTI has no empirical or scientific value. It's not worth getting upset over.

Not that it affects me. As I said before, this thread was supposed to be more about those sensors who ultimately think they are intuitives. Not my friends. I'm just interested in the reasons they would think in such a way. Of course I could talk about the other types such as Feelers who think they are Thinkers or whatever but I find that a larger number of sensors would rather be dubbed as intuitive.

On your second note it's really difficult to play a guitar. But people still can. I've been studying how to read personality types for a number of years. If you read one of my previous posts I recommended a book to some jolly fellow that teaches someone how to read mbti personality types. I'd recommend it to anyone that likes this sort of stuff.
The topic may be irrelevant but I and a few other people find it quite interesting. Isn't it also the reason why people even post on the thread in the first place?

So you can read your friends better than they can read themselves?

Yes, call a stubborn person stubborn and he'd disagree. Call a person what they rather not be and they'd disagree. It's human nature. Most people can't read themselves because they lie to themselves.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm not sure if my female friend is that much of an N despite her MBTI results. Intelligent, yes, perhaps N, perhaps not. I don't mind either way. N is an intellectually favorable preference, so the self assessment goes like this: I'm seeing more of the big picture than these other folks, and I can't see how anyone could see much more, so I'm one of those big-picture people.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, call a stubborn person stubborn and he'd disagree. Call a person what they rather not be and they'd disagree. It's human nature. Most people can't read themselves because they lie to themselves.

Then perhaps you lie to yourself whenever you say you can type people. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First of all, MBTI measures "preferences."
There is no proof you are INTJ.
There is no proof your friend is ISFJ.
This has always been the problem with self-assessments.

No, not preferences but what you are most comfortable being. For example: I prefer to be an INTP or INFJ, does that make me them? Not really. I'd probably be most comfortable being an INTJ whether or not it is my preference. Each person can change their personality type but the one they feel most relaxed being is the one they are.