User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 262

  1. #11
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    I'm going to make an "Intuitives who think they are sensors" thread and totally target Little Linguist.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You do know some people are borderline, right? There are people who have a similar % of N and S in their cognitive function strengths.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

    Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.
    Why are you so angry about something so trivial? If you didn't like these people why do you consider them your friends? I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and take a second look at how you are acting. If I read right your friends try to act more intellectual around you? I'd be flattered if people were trying to mimic me. (which like.. never happens)
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  4. #14
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
    Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?
    First of all, MBTI measures "preferences."
    There is no proof you are INTJ.
    There is no proof your friend is ISFJ.
    This has always been the problem with self-assessments.

    Furthermore, preferring sensing over intuition does not mean a person lacks inuitive ability.
    Preferring intuition does not mean a person lacks sensing ability.
    If it did, you'd be blind and deaf.

  5. #15
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How do you know what they are?
    I can tell the difference between a sensor and an intuitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Why are you so angry about something so trivial? If you didn't like these people why do you consider them your friends? I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and take a second look at how you are acting. If I read right your friends try to act more intellectual around you? I'd be flattered if people were trying to mimic me. (which like.. never happens)
    Your probably right. Actually I have a number of friends only of which a few are sensors. It's just distressing when I have to deal with people who lie to themselves or 'put on a cover'.
    Anyway this thread wasn't necessarily supposed to be about my mates but about the sensors who dub themselves as intuitives although it seems some people misunderstood my first post. I was just giving examples.

  6. #16
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm going to make an "Intuitives who think they are sensors" thread and totally target Little Linguist.
    hahaha Give me proof why you think I'm not!

    Nah, but seriously...I'm everything and I'm nothing. I'm the question mark over your head. (Damn, this sounds like Fight Club - "I'm the....")
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #17
    Junior Member Cheat1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I'm actually a disguised sensor in a monkey suit, don't kill me.
    Ti > Ne > Fi > Si > Te > Ni > Se > Fe

  8. #18
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    hahaha Give me proof why you think I'm not!

    Nah, but seriously...I'm everything and I'm nothing. I'm the question mark over your head. (Damn, this sounds like Fight Club - "I'm the....")
    I am Jack's raging identity crisis!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  9. #19
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
    Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

    I know exactly what you mean. I gave one sensor a test, and he came out ENFP, and he was definitely more like ISFJ or ISFP. An ESFP comes out ENFP. I just look at them and know. Most intuitives care to look into personality, and a lot of sensors just don't care, in my experience.


    (I <3 Fight Club)
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  10. #20
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I can tell the difference between a sensor and an intuitive.
    Hah! Oh, you just can. What talent do you have that your friends don't, may I ask?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. Are atheists as important as they think they are
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
  2. What type is most likely to think they are every type?
    By sillyface in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  3. iNtuitors thinking they are Sensors
    By nightning in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  4. Sensors that think they are Intuitives?
    By Antimony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
  5. Js who think they are P
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO