User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thats your take on it. I tend to use my intuition in the power structure.
    So do I. It took a while to become comfortable with it (since you are conforming to others' standards) but there's a whole lot to play with here

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff? -Substitute

This seems more Fe than Ne. A lot of people prefer music to lyrics, although I do pay attention to lyrics, a good riff or piano chord, gets deep into my core being everytime. This is why classical music is so important to my sense of sanity. I don't always have to have lyrics to appreciate lovely music.

Now to the topic of hand. Some of the intuitives have been extremely rude and cruel to sensors. Thank you to all the intuitives who have been sick of the biased thinking on the forum and sticking up of the sensors. I really love you for it.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?
    Sure - if music in general really isn't his thing, but the connection between you two through your shared appreciation for the guy is really important to him. That's very ENFP.

Hell, I usually prefer melodies over lyrics, mostly because 90% of lyrics are the same formulaic crap. Then again, my parents did force me to listen to country music growing up. It's hard to explain to them how that sort of music is psychologically harmful to me!

That being said, if I notice something cool in a song, I'll keep that going in my head for days, both because I like it, and because those things tend to correspond with a good "theme song" for that point in my life. Some sort of weird pattern fits all the elements together.

Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?

Can you imagine a "true N" being stupid enough to judge whether a person is S or N based upon that flimsy evidence?

Some of the intuitives have been extremely rude and cruel to sensors. Thank you to all the intuitives who have been sick of the biased thinking on the forum and sticking up of the sensors. I really love you for it.
    You're welcome.

I think the flow between s and n is much more fluid than alot of Ns would like to admit. Yes an "s" can be just as creative, profound, insightful and abstract as most Ns. Some even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think the flow between s and n is much more fluid than alot of Ns would like to admit. Yes an "s" can be just as creative, profound, insightful and abstract as most Ns. Some even more so.
    I don't know what their problem is, but I'm with you on this matter.

I value my Se.
    I envision my functions lined up at the line of scrimmage on a football field.
    Side by side.
    Not behind one another.
    I see them with equal power, working as a team.

I think a lot of the problems in this forum stem from not only ignorance,
    but also immaturity.

MBTI
    iNtJ

I agree with the above. I like sensors. Sometimes y'all just think I'm weird, but when we get along, it's fun.

I wish I had more Se. I'm sick of spacing out and not noticing things and realizing I just walked past something cool, but now it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    but also immaturity.
    Yeah, I agree. People looking for ways to bolster their ego, reinforce their identities.

MBTI
    ENTP

There is no right and wrong with MBTI. It's an aritficial construct to help categorize for discourse. It's no more real than the id and the ego.

Even though I have taken several tests over many (20) years, I always come out ENTP which I love because it is obviously the best type On the other hand, I am still not 100% convinced that I am not I, F or J. But S? I don't even understand what that describes and I don't think I ever will. Even if I am an S.

Re: OP and being frustrated that someone has potentially mistyped themselves. Does that classify as serious J-ness?
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    but also immaturity.
    The only problem with such statements is they can mean a lot of things and therefore can mask a lot of maturity already achieved but in different fields than oneselves.

For example you can have a mature artist, a mature husband, a mature scientist and whatsoever.

Of course you are prolly talking about the age from birth till the point someone firstly gets the opportunity to participate in real life. And for that period I agree with you.

I am just not ready yet to call our kids immature, cause after all they would be our responsibility.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]