User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ^Unique-

Totally agree with all of that.

On the internet it's difficult to see that S and N are equal, especially on here since this is such an N biased environment. In practice I've seen that N and S are equal, in conversation we both offer a unique viewpoint, in problem solving we offer a different viewpoint, I could go on.

I call you my ISTP brother for a reason.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Humans are social animals. The basics of teamwork are an instinctual survival skill. We are, to an extent, made to excel in different areas so as to cover each others' weaknesses. I wish people, in general, could see that.

S's sometimes miss the forest for the trees, while N's occasionally can't see the trees that make the forest.

My ISTJ best friend prides himself for his sensory preference, I take great pride in my intuition. However, we cover each other on almost all fronts, and work exceptionally well as a team. There is great value in both viewpoints.

Edit: I think it's also worth noting that some people let their archetype limit them a little. We all have some level of intuition and sense. Even as abysmally undeveloped as my Se is, it's still there...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Does this make sense or am i missing out something?
    Ti 46
    Ne 43.8
    Fi 41.3

Enyway i dont feel like enfp at all, maybe because Fe is only 6.9
    I guess I missed this at the time you posted it, but...

ENFPs don't use Fe...they're extroverted iNtuitors first (Ne) and introverted Feelers second (Fi.)

In any event based on this your screen name is probably pretty accurate.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I still find this strange. Sensors, particularly the extraverts, pretty much dominate the first 25 years of life. Maybe if there were a greater knowledge of how hellish the formative years can be for an intuitive that they wouldn't see it as being such a great thing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I see no evidence why Sensors shouldnt experience equal problems in their youth like everyone has. I find it to easy to put the blame around on N and S things, cause I got bullied around when I was 15. My istp dad used to say: winning teaches you nothing and he was right about it.

What I find intresting is the fact that for example: an istp detective could come off as totally N, cause he has got a strong intuition about things, is but a total sensor. That is: his N shines so strong in the person, cause otherwise he is a total S.

That's a very faint idea and I wont go deeper into it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    ^
    What's with new INTPs joining this forum and posting trolling remarks either in rep comments or in public?

Great, another mortabunt.
    It's what they do. Although I'd be guilty of calling the kettle black if I said that I never tried it once in my life.

Also the difference between INTP and ISTP is so small(in description, anyway) that it's all too common that the two mix each other up, especially for really Borderline S/Ns.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I see no evidence why Sensors shouldnt experience equal problems in their youth like everyone has. I find it to easy to put the blame around on N and S things, cause I got bullied around when I was 15. My istp dad used to say: winning teaches you nothing and he was right about it.

What I find intresting is the fact that for example: an istp detective could come off as totally N, cause he has got a strong intuition about things, is but a total sensor. That is: his N shines so strong in the person, cause otherwise he is a total S.

That's a very faint idea and I wont go deeper into it.
    The main difference is that sensors still speak the language of the power structure, so to speak. Intuitives get in trouble not so much for anything personal as much as having a fundamental communication break with the vast majority of the population.

Sensors have the benefit of engaging with the shared world that we all experience. No matter what, that will develop commonalities much more easily with a wider group of people than someone with a vivid imagination, if few can engage with it

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The main difference is that sensors still speak the language of the power structure, so to speak. Intuitives get in trouble not so much for anything personal as much as having a fundamental communication break with the vast majority of the population.

Sensors have the benefit of engaging with the shared world that we all experience. No matter what, that will develop commonalities much more easily with a wider group of people than someone with a vivid imagination, if few can engage with it
    Thats your take on it. I tend to use my intuition in the power structure.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm starting to suspect that my brother is in fact not ENFP but ESFP with well developed N. Some things he's said recently... we've both been fans of Leonard Cohen for over 20 years, but he just told me the other day that he's never thought about what the songs might mean, and just enjoyed the melodies and stuff. Can you imagine a true N seriously not even caring to imagine or puzzle out such lyrics as Cohen's, specially his earlier stuff?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?
    Actually, I've never heard a N claims to be an S. Do Intuitives peoples are so bad that they can't understand the wonder chance of being a Sensor?:rolli: