First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yes. I am an NF, after all. How should I know what goes through the head of an NT? I don't claim to understand anything about you people, and in fact I probably can't. *shrug*
    And this, dear readers, is why INFPs will never, ever, ever be as cool as INFJs.

Why is Ni so fucking awesome??
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And this, dear readers, is why INFPs will never, ever, ever be as cool as INFJs.

Because no one trully understands it. What is a magnet for all those analitical folks out there.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Why should I be embarrassed about being myself? We all have the same fate.

To be embarrassed is to live as if someone else's opinion of me is worth more than my own. It's a lie.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It happened a number of times that some NF asks me "how can't I trust people just like that". But my answer is always the same a it is among the lines " Because they can't hurt me." (in psychological sense of course)
    Ah, so you find it easier to trust people because they can't hurt you. I see. I'm paranoid about other people might try to undermine me if they disapprove to the point that I don't want to be seen doing anything they might not approve of (though I'd still do it behind their back).
    Since the only real options in the end are that they will like it what is good and that they will not like it what is once again fine with me. Which is because I use alot of nothing to lose philosophy in life. (what does not mean that I will not calculate things)
    One you didn't really consider... what if they don't like it, and as a result, set out to undermine you and make your life miserable? Offending people is dangerous, you never know how they'll react. They can be like animals. I mean, have you just got contingency plans set up, like with "dirt" on everyone so you can blackmail them and keep that from happening, or what? It seems the only alternative to avoiding offense, is keeping everyone too intimidated to move against you. And I'm no Machiavelli.
    One of the reasons why I have managed to "survive" with my lifestyle so far is because I don't really need confirmation of others. Which is mostly because of deficit of feeling at all levels. So I think this is your actual problem.
    Ah, yes. I need the confirmation of others to act, and since I haven't been getting that lately, I've been unmotivated to the point of complete apathy.

Yep, I guess that is my problem after all. NTs don't get embarrassed, because they don't feel all that strongly about such things. Doesn't apply to them.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld

Yes, at least we understand our own incapacities fully.

Because it's future-oriented, goal-focused, insightful in unusual ways, and creative and flexible internally. Its got all the positive traits of imagination and planning/foresight, which are normally exclusive to NPs and SJs respectively.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Must be it. It's a shame Ni is like, what, 4x rarer than Ne?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Ah, so you find it easier to trust people because they can't hurt you. I see. I'm paranoid about other people might try to undermine me if they disapprove to the point that I don't want to be seen doing anything they might not approve of (though I'd still do it behind their back).

One you didn't really consider... what if they don't like it, and as a result, set out to undermine you and make your life miserable? Offending people is dangerous, you never know how they'll react. They can be like animals. I mean, have you just got contingency plans set up, like with "dirt" on everyone so you can blackmail them and keep that from happening, or what? It seems the only alternative to avoiding offense, is keeping everyone too intimidated to move against you. And I'm no Machiavelli.

Ah, yes. I need the confirmation of others to act, and since I haven't been getting that lately, I've been unmotivated to the point of complete apathy.

Yep, I guess that is my problem after all. NTs don't get embarrassed, because they don't feel all that strongly about such things. Doesn't apply to them.

1.I can be hurt phisically (if you can catch me) and I can be sabotaged in theory. But I don't really see how people could sabotage me in a major way to be honest. Plus my cold and sociopathic image provides extra protection.

2. Yes I have consider it.
    Well, I can undersatand your concern since you are from the US (if I am not mistaken) what means that there is alot of people around which believe in many different thing and they are armed. While people overhere are much more relaxed an friendly (really friendly). In almost all bad cases I am the one that is rated as judgemental and grumpy.

3. If it is too hard to embarrassed you that is also a problem (at least until people get used to you)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Agreed. Fi is way more vulnerable. But like you, Athenian, I too shunned using Ne in public. This was only after I got to high school though. I changed primary schools very early on because the one I went to was so rigid. The one I went to was free-spirited. Also I had 3 older Ne-users in the house, so it was..kinda normal.

Once I went to high school, I curbed both Ne and Fi as far as I could, though occasionally I just burst, because of Ne going buckwild and Fi being exposed. Along the road there, I learned some Fe and Ni..I think, to keep a low profile in society and still survive.

The only places where I let Ne and Fi out was with my friends at the dance school, one time a week (they had a dance-evening there). Later on, the internet became an incredible resource. So many people to meet, insights to be gathered, knowledge to be collected. And I also learned that playfullness, when correctly done, can be a calculating move to impact people in a positive way. Yes, manipulation, I know. I learned to tell which people would appreciate my craziness and which wouldn't. And adapted accordingly. Meanwhile I used the internet to research every crazy question that went through my head and find out what I'm passionate about in life. In college, I once more curbed it in front of others and saved it for my SO and a few trusted friends.

Agreed about the Fi being more vunerable too. I was never embarrassed about my Ne, not until I had been married to an istj long enough have it squished into a tiny unwelcome voice lol.

I love my Ne now and before though, don't care how crazy and spontaneous it makes me appear to others, it has always helped me when I have worked in any job I had, endeared me to the management for some strange reason.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

The processes I use the most are Ne and Ni and they support each other. I see the point of vulnerability but myself i've learned to be very open with my creativity. I think it's the only way. At least for me.

I've found professions where I've been able to focus solely on creativeness. That's when I'm happiest - not getting my hands dirty. I share my visions in a group and others will execute.

Of course there has to be a certain amount of intelligence, creativeness and openness within a group to be able to take on what I have to give. Right now I have an ESTJ boss who doesn't possess a lot of that but luckily my visions have earned him extra buck so he supports me even though he doesn't get me.

Ownership of ideas is also very important. In a group environment the mastermind may be overlooked if she doesn't remind others of her value constantely. Many don't consider visioning and planning real work. But I think you cannot be too modest when you're very different from others. You have to show them who you are.
    Last edited by Sachetan; 08-15-2009 at 04:43 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Must be it. It's a shame Ni is like, what, 4x rarer than Ne?
    There's probably a good reason for it. Ni is a little too powerful. I mean, by keeping creativity and foresight/planning divided between NPs and SJs, with SPs having to kind of fake their way though with an odd combination of flexibility and concrete awareness, you get a balance maintained. An NJ with confidence and skill (which I'm not) has the potential to seriously upset that balance. Let's just say that there isn't room in the world for a lot NJs, because they'd quickly turn the world into a battlefield of ideas. The NTJs for the sake of power, and the NFJs for the sake of their ideals. The world needs more followers, rebels, and jesters than leaders. NJs can pull the strings because don't so much demand conformity like SJs, as anticipate the existence of rebels and followers, and set up the situation so that they benefit from the existence of both of them. They lead, but no one knows they lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial One
    2. Yes I have consider it.
    Well, I can undersatand your concern since you are from the US (if I am not mistaken) what means that there is alot of people around which believe in many different thing and they are armed. While people overhere are much more relaxed an friendly (really friendly). In almost all bad cases I am the one that is rated as judgemental and grumpy.
    Yes, that's definitely part of it. Relaxed and friendly... is NOT the word I'd use to describe most people in the US. So I guess part of my shame is really fear of consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan
    The processes I use the most are Ne and Ni and they support each other. I see the point of vulnerability but myself i've learned to be very open with my creativity. I think it's the only way. At least for me.

I've found professions where I've been able to focus solely on creativeness. That's when I'm happiest - not getting my hands dirty. I share my visions in a group and others will execute.

Of course there has to be a certain amount of intelligence, creativeness and openness within a group to be able to take on what I have to give. Right now I have an ESTJ boss who doesn't possess a lot of that but luckily my visions have earned him extra buck so he supports me even though he doesn't get me.

Ownership of ideas is also very important. In a group environment the mastermind can be overlooked if she doesn't remind others of her value constantely. You cannot be too modest when you're different.
    Yes, of course. You found a group where it was considered acceptable and you weren't thought less of for it, and even found a niche where you could get others to implement your ideas after you came up with them. Now THAT does sound great.

Yes, that's just it... I'm very modest. Throwing Ne around isn't very modest, though it probably works well.

Athenian200: woah! great post!!! i didn't read any of the other responses to your inquiry but beautiful insight / amazing woah took my breath away goodness & yes . . . yes I feel like I have made a lot of mistakes in a way but very necessary mistakes so then therefore not mistakes at all but rather little different colored bricks that I be a walkin' down the yellow brick road of life type stuff . . . And yes when i was younger I could "feel" myself being very much so the "when in rome" type with all sorts of stuff because I would get so immersed / lost into whatever environment or people that i was around & also feeling the appreciation for everything from hip hop music that has explicit lyrics that is degrading to women from smoking cigarettes when around smokers blah blah the list could go on for eons . . . but nonetheless now I feel I have "honed" my introverted feeling function & feel also that I know my values & am now careful about WHO I spend my time with & HOW I spend it. I no longer feel like such a blank slate . . . so therefore do not need to delve into quite as much . . . i am 34 years old now & am slowing down & settling into me . . .