• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J vs P distinction

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
While doing the dishes I just had an intuitive memory (as I call it) about Judgers just casting their opinions without telling where they refer to/how they got there. It puzzled me a lot why my fater (ISTJ) implied something, even mentioning what I might do about it, while I hadn't very much of a clue what he had actually seen in me.

Very insightful.

That should make a Perceiver someone who tells about what he sees, explains a lot, without mentioning where he wants to go with it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do explain a lot.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While doing the dishes I just had an intuitive memory (as I call it) about Judgers just casting their opinions without telling where they refer to/how they got there. It puzzled me a lot why my fater (ISTJ) implied something, even mentioning what I might do about it, while I hadn't very much of a clue what he had actually seen in me.

Very insightful.

That should make a Perceiver someone who tells about what he sees, explains a lot, without mentioning where he wants to go with it.

My J wife has said she is tired of my excuses(explanations) and is frustrated because I cant seem to tell her what to do. :cheese:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that other three letters play a role here as well. However I have been accused for this behaviour so many times that I have stoped to count.

But in my case people usually get annoyed/bored if I give my explanations since they are usually quite long. Plus I claim that I can't give you a shorter explanation if you want to really get about what I am talking about.

Can any other NT(J) relate to this ?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
the J vs P thing is really about tension.

Js feel tension to make a decision quickly
Ps feel tension to make a decision later

It's basically a decision making preference.

Another way I look at it is when faced with an event or just about anything in general.

Js tend to take something and analyze forward (logistics / left head fish bone diagram)
Ps tend to take something and analyze backwards (root cause analysis / right head fish bone diagram)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But in my case people usually get annoyed/bored if I give my explanations since they are usually quite long. Plus I claim that I can't give you a shorter explanation if you want to really get about what I am talking about.

This is why I stay in my head with my thoughts, it takes to long to let it all out. We have the same reasoning, but different ways of dealing with it. I watch and observe waiting for pieces to fall in place while things that dont just keep getting processed along the way building on everything and you go after the answer keeping people on track or steering them to what your trying to figure out.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
This is why I stay in my head with my thoughts, it takes to long to let it all out. We have the same reasoning, but different ways of dealing with it. I watch and observe waiting for pieces to fall in place while things that dont just keep getting processed along the way building on everything and you go after the answer keeping people on track or steering them to what your trying to figure out.

Your last sentence has 45 words...

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
woohoo you can count, lol, just kidding. Is that bad, I suck at grammar :huh:

Microsoft Word can count. I found it amusing considering what you said, about it taking too long to get your thoughts out. ;)

deleted
the J vs P thing is really about tension.

Js feel tension to make a decision quickly
Ps feel tension to make a decision later

It's basically a decision making preference.

Another way I look at it is when faced with an event or just about anything in general.

Js tend to take something and analyze forward (logistics / left head fish bone diagram)
Ps tend to take something and analyze backwards (root cause analysis / right head fish bone diagram)

icon14.gif