User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I also thought introversion/extroversion was pretty much proven to be differences in brain function, suggesting it's largely biological (?).
    Where are we getting this? I've seen this multiple times on the forum, but is there any article or link to this?

chosen I have seen this too-Look up the factor five (Big five?) personality test on google and I bet you can link back into it. Maybe combine with genetic basis as a search term.

Children at a very young age are seen to be either interested in engaging with others or reluctant.

MBTI
    ENTP

Mom: ESfJ
    Dad: INTJ
    Brother: INTJ
    Me: ENTJ

Dads Family:
    Grandpe: INTJ
    Grandme: ESFj (had two children including my father)

Aunt: INtJ married IN-P
    cousins = INtJ and ISTJ
    Great Uncle: INTJ married InFJ
    2nd Cousins: INTP, INTJ and ENTJ

In this family, all of the conversations at get togethers are conceptual, and we are exposed to the way of thinking and conversing from a young age, so those experiences might be a factor in all of the Ns. Everyone is Science and Math I am the first person deviating from the trend.

My mom's family:
    Grandpa: INFJ
    Grandma: ESFJ (Had four daugthers including my mother)
    Aunt: ESFJ married to ISTJ
    cousins = ISTJ, INTJ, ENFP
    the ISTJ is married to an InFP
    2nd cousins = ISTJ and ENFP

Aunt: ESFJ married to ESTJ (children adopted)
    Cousins = INTJ, ESTP and ESFP
    Aunt: ISFJ whom is married to ENTJ
    Cousins = INFJ and ISTJ

This part of the family is very religious. They are missionaries, pastors or dental hygienist.

One common trend I notice is that all of the individuals that are IS-Js in my family are the first born in their immediate family. I am not sure is this is caused by a common role that the first child is expected to play, I find it to be an interesting trend. My grandpe, father, brother and 2nd cousin that are INTJs are also the first born, and my INFJ grandpa was the first of 9.

Another family:
    Mom: ESFJ
    Dad: INTP
    Son: ENTP
    Daughter: INFP
    Daughter: ENTJ
    Son: ENTj

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Where are we getting this? I've seen this multiple times on the forum, but is there any article or link to this?
    The book "The Introvert Advantage" discusses the science behind the preferences for introversion and extroversion. I returned it to the library, so I can't quote it for you now.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    EII

I say possibly. A lot of kids can have certain personality traits from their parents. Like me and my dad for instance. Him and I both love music, have the same tastes in some things, have the same way of going about things, etc. So sure, I think so.
    So he said to me "I love you, just not the way you want me to." I hit him, because he lied to me.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Extraversion and introversion- Biological factors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is definitely a biological basis for E/I and it might be heritable to some degree, as this study has shown:

SpringerLink - Journal Article

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    chosen I have seen this too-Look up the factor five (Big five?) personality test on google and I bet you can link back into it. Maybe combine with genetic basis as a search term.

Children at a very young age are seen to be either interested in engaging with others or reluctant.
    I've found something relating to it - Personality: determinants, dynamics ... - Google Books

It's sort of inconclusive though, at least according to this article.

According to it, there's also a relationship between introversion/extroversion and anxiety/impulsiveness respectively:

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The book "The Introvert Advantage" discusses the science behind the preferences for introversion and extroversion. I returned it to the library, so I can't quote it for you now.
    Oh, alright.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Extraversion and introversion- Biological factors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is definitely a biological basis for E/I and it might be heritable to some degree, as this study has shown:

SpringerLink - Journal Article
    Alright, thanks for the links.

MBTI
    I

I also think the environment will affect different people in different ways. If two different people at youth are impacted by the same exact environment (for argument's sake), it will affect them differently, and this is where nature comes in, in my opinion.

As for the nature vs. nurture argument, humans' personalities are shaped by both. It's close, almost a 50-50 break imo. Part of our personalities are shaped by what we're born with, while the other half are shaped by our environment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Here's my take on it in reductionsit terms.

People = Nature (Genetics of their Parents) + Nurture (Parental Rearing)

Children have 50% of their genes from each parent, thus disposing them to ANY hereditary components of type.

Children are being raised by their parents who are acting out on the EXPRESSED (nature+nurture) phenotype of their own genetics.

Thus, parent's actions reinforce the transmitted aspect's of their personalities in their children...

Does that make sense?

Sounds good to me.

Ultimately, I don't know if it's correct or not, but it doesn't matter, because my life doesn't depend on knowing for sure.

It's a good theory.

Thank God for reductionists. We could use some more around here.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!