User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

For me, face to face interaction is always preferable to phone, text-message, forum post, email, or chatroom.

Communicating without facial expressions, gestures, and spontaneous reactions to the immediate environment is somewhat stifling to me, and I simply don't have enough internal material to go off of for long periods of time.

I need to replenish the supply of thoughts/ideas/reflections with something new in the present, or I get bored pretty fast.

There are certain things I often think about when I'm alone, but I'm not eager to talk about them unless I can get an immediate, face to face, personal response.

And generally---as far as the audience goes---the more the merrier.

In order of preference, I'd put chat room first, then phone, then forum post, then text-message, then email.

I think all this would describe a typical Extravert, but I won't make any definitive statements about that.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP

I love talking on the phone. I can do it for hours with the right person. If it's someone that's very loud and very extraverted, I'll want to be on the phone with them less, because even on the phone I can feel drained by them. But if it's someone on the more quiet side (doesn't have to be and introvert, but just a quiter extravert maybe) I could speak for hours, when it's something/s I'm interested in.

As for the internet - I love my internet time. I can walk away if it becomes too much, whereas it's not usually as easy to do so offline! But too much to reply to can make me feel overwhelmed. For instance, if I'm on IM (rarely these days) and more than like 2 people are talking to me at a fast pace, I get all stressed by it. I usually use my internet time reading up on things I'm interested in, and now and then when I'm in the mood for it, interracting on forums, or with friends.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

I count internet time spent IMing or emailing other people as socializing. Maybe watered down socializing (a little less draining), but socializing all the same.

I'm a strong introvert.

MBTI
    INTJ

Phone is never time alone- because you are expending yourself. I'm introverted.

Internet is time alone if you are surfing. If you are emailing, texting, or on IM, that's draining as well.

In order of least to favorite, it would have to be texting, email, IM, phone, face-to-face.
    I hate trying to converse over any written medium. It takes too long to explain something that is implied through voice or facial expression, so the point may not be as effective or totally lost.

I talk the most with my girl over the phone, and like others I hate the silent periods.

That's why I'd rather be face to face.