User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default How could this have been determined?

I've taken both the online and paper-and-pencil versions of the MBTI. When I took the paper-and-pencil version in a college course, the man who provided us the assessment and prepared our results documented that I was an INFP although the graph had me as an INxP. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why he may have come to the conclusion that I was more F than T. I'm not completely learned on the subject of MBTI administration, so please excuse my ignorance.

(And for the record, every time I've taken the online MBTI, it swears up and down I'm an INFP).

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Maybe he's an N.

Hehehe.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If the man providing the assessment had a lot of experience with it then he may have been aware of a "T" bias on the test and consequently typed all ties on the T/F axis as an F.

It's either that or he used a magic eight ball.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    I've taken both the online and paper-and-pencil versions of the MBTI. When I took the paper-and-pencil version in a college course, the man who provided us the assessment and prepared our results documented that I was an INFP although the graph had me as an INxP. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why he may have come to the conclusion that I was more F than T. I'm not completely learned on the subject of MBTI administration, so please excuse my ignorance.
    It's difficult to tell without more information -- what questions you answered how, etc.

Did the man actually teach your college course and so knew you at least in an informal way? And even if he did not and only got to observe you for a little bit of time, it's possible that he used those observations and/or interactions to interpret your results further than the paper score. There are many different reasons (besides outright "fudge" ) that he might have made this determination.

At least you're saying he seemed to be right.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post

(And for the record, every time I've taken the online MBTI, it swears up and down I'm an INFP).
    There's a section of the written test, typically not seen online, where they can refer if you're borderline N/S. I would think that same section would be used if you're borderline anything.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.