User Tag List

123 Last

Default Should we be grateful extroverts are on the way out?

Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.

Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.

Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere brings everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.

And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.
    Last edited by Mole; 08-08-2009 at 05:52 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I concur.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not.

I never took the opportunity to actually do things back when I was younger and had the chance. Now I actually want to try doing things, but the world seems to be closing up shop and saying, "Sorry, we're not taking anyone else. We're just letting the people who are already in here finish up."

I'm naturally a contemplative type, but I still regret never having been able to actually get a taste of the Extraverted side of things, even if it would have been exhausting. I, for one, will miss them.

It's ironic... back when I was growing up, I just made myself deal with the world, and couldn't wait to head home to contemplation. But just as I began to open myself up a little more to the world, I heard the doors slam. Now I seem to be trapped in contemplation and sitting still whether I like it or not. You know what I mean? It sucks.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think neither Extroversion or Introversion is perfect. Balance is perfect, and one should always strive for it.
    There are times when extroverted qualities are needed, and also times when introspection and quiet contemplation are needed.

If one contemplates a whole lifetime, and never makes his thoughts known to the world. Was it really worth anything? If they never saw the light of day, they sure didn't leave a mark.

If someone blindly goes about doing things without contemplating his actions before and after, there will not be any real progression. Well, maybe by mistakes or luck. But it sure is a monkey's way of doing things. But extremes of any kind are just as bad.

Balance, my friends. Balance.

()

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Sniffles

*sigh* It's Victor......what else can I say about that?

Default Just Delegate

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm not.

I never took the opportunity to actually do things back when I was younger and had the chance. Now I actually want to try doing things, but the world seems to be closing up shop and saying, "Sorry, we're not taking anyone else. We're just letting the people who are already in here finish up."

I'm naturally a contemplative type, but I still regret never having been able to actually get a taste of the Extraverted side of things, even if it would have been exhausting. I, for one, will miss them.

It's ironic... back when I was growing up, I just made myself deal with the world, and couldn't wait to head home to contemplation. But just as I began to open myself up a little more to the world, I heard the doors slam. Now I seem to be trapped in contemplation and sitting still whether I like it or not. You know what I mean? It sucks.
    Sure, baby, I know what you mean. I've had exactly the same problem and I solved it by delegating.

I delegate doing by the simple expedient of falling in love with extroverted girls - and they do it all for me.

All I do is make them happy and they do everything else.

They love doing and they love me and I love them. And I love contemplating.

I contemplate them. I contemplate myself. I contemplate the whole world while my beautiful girls delight in doing things around me.

Whoopee! I couldn't ask for more - just delegate.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Well then... *goes out and kills self*

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, baby, I know what you mean. I've had exactly the same problem and I solved it by delegating.

I delegated doing by the simple expedient of falling in love with extroverted girls - and they did it all for me.

All I did was make them happy and they did everything else.

They loved doing and they loved me and I loved them. And I loved contemplating.

I contemplated them. I contemplated myself. I contemplated the whole world while my beautiful girls delighted in doing things around me.

Whoopee! I couldn't ask for more - just delegate.
    Extraverted sex slaves eh? You really know how to respect womyn alright!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

victor...you knooow you're an extravert dontcha? possibly enxp i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Well, as a dying breed, I propose all of us Extraverts go forth into the world with renewed vigor and put our hands on everything in sight.