• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should we be grateful extroverts are on the way out?

Mole

Permabanned
Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.

Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.

Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere brings everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.

And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not.

I never took the opportunity to actually do things back when I was younger and had the chance. Now I actually want to try doing things, but the world seems to be closing up shop and saying, "Sorry, we're not taking anyone else. We're just letting the people who are already in here finish up."

I'm naturally a contemplative type, but I still regret never having been able to actually get a taste of the Extraverted side of things, even if it would have been exhausting. :( I, for one, will miss them.

It's ironic... back when I was growing up, I just made myself deal with the world, and couldn't wait to head home to contemplation. But just as I began to open myself up a little more to the world, I heard the doors slam. Now I seem to be trapped in contemplation and sitting still whether I like it or not. You know what I mean? It sucks.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think neither Extroversion or Introversion is perfect. Balance is perfect, and one should always strive for it.
There are times when extroverted qualities are needed, and also times when introspection and quiet contemplation are needed.

If one contemplates a whole lifetime, and never makes his thoughts known to the world. Was it really worth anything? If they never saw the light of day, they sure didn't leave a mark.

If someone blindly goes about doing things without contemplating his actions before and after, there will not be any real progression. Well, maybe by mistakes or luck. But it sure is a monkey's way of doing things. But extremes of any kind are just as bad.

Balance, my friends. Balance.

meditate_550x413shkl.JPG

:)D)

Mole

Permabanned
Just Delegate

I'm not.

I never took the opportunity to actually do things back when I was younger and had the chance. Now I actually want to try doing things, but the world seems to be closing up shop and saying, "Sorry, we're not taking anyone else. We're just letting the people who are already in here finish up."

I'm naturally a contemplative type, but I still regret never having been able to actually get a taste of the Extraverted side of things, even if it would have been exhausting. :( I, for one, will miss them.

It's ironic... back when I was growing up, I just made myself deal with the world, and couldn't wait to head home to contemplation. But just as I began to open myself up a little more to the world, I heard the doors slam. Now I seem to be trapped in contemplation and sitting still whether I like it or not. You know what I mean? It sucks.

Sure, baby, I know what you mean. I've had exactly the same problem and I solved it by delegating.

I delegate doing by the simple expedient of falling in love with extroverted girls - and they do it all for me.

All I do is make them happy and they do everything else.

They love doing and they love me and I love them. And I love contemplating.

I contemplate them. I contemplate myself. I contemplate the whole world while my beautiful girls delight in doing things around me.

Whoopee! I couldn't ask for more - just delegate.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well then... *goes out and kills self*

S

Sniffles

Sure, baby, I know what you mean. I've had exactly the same problem and I solved it by delegating.

I delegated doing by the simple expedient of falling in love with extroverted girls - and they did it all for me.

All I did was make them happy and they did everything else.

They loved doing and they loved me and I loved them. And I loved contemplating.

I contemplated them. I contemplated myself. I contemplated the whole world while my beautiful girls delighted in doing things around me.

Whoopee! I couldn't ask for more - just delegate.

Extraverted sex slaves eh? You really know how to respect womyn alright!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
victor...you knooow you're an extravert dontcha? possibly enxp i think. :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, as a dying breed, I propose all of us Extraverts go forth into the world with renewed vigor and put our hands on everything in sight.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, as a dying breed, I propose all of us Extraverts go forth into the world with renewed vigor and put our hands on everything in sight.

I concur. As a card carrying member of a dying species, I am now compelled to seek out introverts everywhere and teach them my FACKELTANZ so that they might one day have a voice of their own to wield. :yes:

Mole

Permabanned
The Museum of Extroverts

It's tragic. The world is slipping out of your hands.

Every time you post here, you are posting in the noosphere.

With every post you make, your extroverted world is evaporating under your very nose.

But you can't help yourself. You are compelled to do things.

This served you well in the past but every post is slowly removing you into the fossil record.

The dinosaurs lasted a long time but finally the mammals took over.

And before long we will only be able to contemplate you in the Museum of Extroverts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alright fine victor...i retract...i thought you questioned it yourself once...no?

Jaguar

Victor are you abusing martinis again?
You look shaken and stirred.

Mole

Permabanned
alright fine victor...i retract...i thought you questioned it yourself once...no?

I discovered the great secret to introversion in my teens.

Yes, I discovered how to be introverted and how to be happy and successful in the world, at the same time.

And the secret lies in relaxation.

Yes, learning to relax in all kinds of situations allows the introverted gifts to flourish.

And in particular, learning to relax in uncomfortable situations is the key.

And yes, I was taught how to relax by a lovely Melbourne man, Ainslie Mears, who speaks directly to introverts in his book, "Relief Without Drugs".

If you can hear Ainslie Mears speaking directly to you, you know you are introverted and now you know how to be introverted and happy and successful.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see...well...alright thanks for that.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

Victor, now you've done it, you've riled them up and they're gonna put their grimy extrovert hands all over everything.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I thought you didn't believe in typing.

Mole

Permabanned
I thought you didn't believe in typing.

We perceive by making distinctions. And a fundamental distinction we make is the distinction between male and female - for the very first question we ask when a baby is born is,""What is it? Is is a boy or is it a girl?".

However a more fundamental distinction than gender is the distinction between the inner and the outer.

For instance, sip a clean, fresh glass of water and it is delicious. But spit into the glass of water and sip, and it is disgusting.

And disgust is the sign a taboo has been broken. In this case the taboo is the one against mixing the inner and the outer.

And this is a very fundamental distinction, with its accompaning taboo, across all cultures.

And this distinction and taboo naturally give rise to the idea of inner and outer and indeed the inner and outer in personality. So we arrive at the extroverted personality and the introverted personality.

And you have an extroverted personality and I have an introverted personality. But alas we have not learnt how to create a positive relationship between us.