• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should we be grateful extroverts are on the way out?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Shhh. Why does everyone want to prevent a flamewar around here, anyway?

At least when I'm involved.

Mole

Permabanned
My disciplinary master, Fr Bell, a cultured man, told us there were two ways.

You could feel something first and then be moved to do it.

Or you could do something first then the feelings would follow.

I think Fr Bell was a natural introvert but instead of following his natural inclinations, he disciplined himself to do things first.

Personally I think this was a mistake, as when he followed his natural bent, he was cultured, charming and very funny.

I will never forget when our formidable disciplinary master sang for us an amusing and charming song about an egg.

It seemed so out of character with his position as disciplinary master that we were all transfixed.

But alas he tried, with the best will in the world, to discipline himself into being an extrovert when in reality, he was a most delightful introvert.

heart

heart on fire
^ Best post I've read from you yet. You could be totally kidding here but I agree with what you've said.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, that was pretty good. I didn't realize you meant "action before thought." I figured you just meant "action", when really there are very many individual introverts who do a whole hell of a lot more than a heapload of extroverts.

And now, no chance of a heated argument. You jerk.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hey, I'll have a flamewar with you, but not here. I feel sorry for Victor, all his threads get hijacked.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, I didn't think this thread was all that serious. I see now he's actually putting some thought into it.

Mole

Permabanned
I feel sorry for Victor...

Yeah, I feel sorry for Victor too. All he is trying to do is make living posts. But he really can't do that at all. So I have to take over from him. It's like I give him a little whack on the back of the head and while he is whoosy, I take over the whole show.

Of course I don't care what you think of Victor - so I write just what I want - and poor old Victor has to wear the shit.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Victor - he's just not with it, he's just not got it. But where I really feel sorry for Victor is he thinks he is writing all these posts. Actually most of you have Victor pegged pretty right - you wanna find out about Victor - ask Peguy. Listen to those who tell you he is an idiot - 'cause he is - and he doesn't even know he is - so keep telling him - maybe it will sink in one day. But in the meantime I will keep hitting him on the back of the head while he isn't looking and tell you what is going on.

And I rely on you to slap him in the face to wake him up. LOL, he doesn't know what is going on - I put him to sleep and you wake him up. It's like he's on a merry-go-round and can't get off. I've done my best to get him thrown off, but no one will ban him.

Poor pathetic bastard, he fancies himself as the second Jack Flack, but he can't even get himself banned. Frankly, if I were you, I would just press the Ignore button.

Yes, poor pathetic bastard, he thinks all the attention you pay him is due to some special quality of his, when it is me all along.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him, without me he would be nothing.

So don't be fooled. Your instincts are right. He can't think straight, he can't write straight and he fancies himself. What would he do without me?

But just remember - behind this sorry Victor stands me. And you go me and I'll tear your arms and legs off.

Kapish?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought you would appreciate it if I tried to get Peguy off your back.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Sure, baby, I know what you mean. I've had exactly the same problem and I solved it by delegating.

I delegate doing by the simple expedient of falling in love with extroverted girls - and they do it all for me.

All I do is make them happy and they do everything else.

They love doing and they love me and I love them. And I love contemplating.

I contemplate them. I contemplate myself. I contemplate the whole world while my beautiful girls delight in doing things around me.

Whoopee! I couldn't ask for more - just delegate.

:holy:

:yim_rolling_on_the_:

You're killing me, Victor.

I just never know what you're gonna say next. :D

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.

Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.

Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere bring everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.

And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.

There's a big hole in your argument. Contemplatives may be fit for the noosphere (whatever the hell that is), but survival of the fittest is applicable only as far as their fitness enables them to survive long enough to procreate. Unfortunately for your kind, no amount of technology will cause introverts to "breed like rabbits."

Take NT's for instance. NT's are the by far the most strategic and able out of all four temperaments. Why then do they constitute such a meager portion of the population? Because nerds rarely get laid.

Sorry, Victor. The only way you're going to get rid of us is through a widely enforced system of selective breeding. But even with eugenics, extroverts won't be the ones on the way out - if our overlords are wise. It would be better to get rid of the NFs and the SPs. Then, NT's will be free to advance (or stultify) the human race, which will be made up mostly of SJs who will actively carry out whatever systems the NT's put in place.

We're here to stay precisely because we're doing. We're doing eachother.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

heart

heart on fire
Nerds get laid a lot when they find each other.

In fact, since they aren't wasting time partying and socializing, more time for it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The internet has helped MANY nerds find mates. Not the least of which are the now-rich nerds who invented it.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I sense that Victor's posts strike a deep cord with many who do not want to acknowledge that this cord has been struck, and so must dismiss Victor's posts as flights of fancy.

I also get a "feeling" through my intuition that the world is changing. As Stephen King's gunslinger would say, "the world has moved on." However, in this culture I don't sense that people are turning inward to contemplation. Instead, everyone is simply dancing a 3rd Law of Thermodynamics 3-step. This country is not gaining widsom; it's simply devolving into collectivism. The exception to this are the town hall protestors who are rising up to rage against the collectivism of government take-overs. Many of these protestors are over 50, over 60, and have always worked within the system, propping it up, and are just now awakening from the Matrix. It is quite a sight to see.

So, while I agree with you that the world is changing, I see things a little differently, and point out that there are some exceptions. In some cases, the introverts may be extroverting. Nature abhors a vacuum...

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Got time to talk about all it, eh Victor?