User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm semi-amused, semi-confused as to why he would say what he said. But he's free to say it, just as he's free to say the sky is green with pink sparkles. Makes life interesting....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.

Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.

Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere bring everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.

And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.
    maybe i missed something but what points to E's dying out?
    INTP/5w4 sx

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I think what he wants to say is that they are becoming less influential, which is a good thing in his opinion, because introverts are more reflective and make better decisions, whereas Es are just...well...not.

(Disclaimer: Not saying I agree, just saying what I think he's saying).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm semi-amused, semi-confused as to why he would say what he said. But he's free to say it, just as he's free to say the sky is green with pink sparkles. Makes life interesting....
    I'm pretty sure he makes these ridiculous statements just to get a rise out of people. Usually they don't even require a response unless your in a "waste some time" kind of mood. His statements are almost always full of some suspect reasoning. I love how in this particular op he equated doing things and issues such as globalization with extroversion and then went on to claim Bill gates as the ultimate introvert. The guy who has done more to help globalization along than arguably anyone. Pretty entertaining stuff really.

MBTI
    ISTj

Absolutely!
    And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits.
    I fully support this rant. Ladies?

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunco View Post
    I fully support this rant. Ladies?
    Hey, if it wasn't for us extroverts, most of you introverts wouldn't ever get laid lol so if we die out, we are taking you with us, because no one will be around to hit on you, to be the doer, the one pursuing, and eventually bedding you.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Hey, if it wasn't for us extroverts, most of you introverts wouldn't ever get laid lol so if we die out, we are taking you with us, because no one will be around to hit on you, to be the doer, the one pursuing, and eventually bedding you.
    Truth. Extroverted women are so much better and more fun to be around than introverted ones.

...And to avoid getting torn to pieces--EXCEPT OF COURSE FOR ALL THE INTROVERTED WOMEN ON THIS BOARD WHO READ THIS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CRIMINALLY SEXY AND AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I wake up screaming at night thinking there is an extrovert in the bed with me.

MBTI
    infp

As you should be Victor, otherwise she wouldn't be doing it right.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll admit, some Extraverts do kind of force themselves on you in a conversation when you don't want it (though that's been rare in my experience)... but I think that's kind of a different dynamic. You're kind of jumping to dangerous conclusions, don't you think?