User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Absolutely!

We should be grateful that extroverts are a dying species.

And we should be grateful, for all the trouble in the world is caused by people who do things.
    Everything from colonialism to globalization is caused by people who do things.Doers make the world go round. But have you noticed, the world is stopping. It is slowing down, it is taking a deep breath and lying back and contemplating.

Yes, the noosphere bring everything back again for recognition, that is re-cognition. And re-cognition is simply contemplation.

And contemplatives are made for the noosphere. Contemplatives are fit for the noosphere, while extroverts, the doers, are unfit. So natural selection will relegate the extroverts. And introverts will breed like rabbits. Bill Gates, the richest introvert in the world, is a sign of things to come.And yes, we should rejoice at the coming ascendancy of the introverts. But we should remember how badly the extroverts treated us when they were on top, and we should not return evil for evil. Rather we should soothe the dying pillow of the extroverts as they keep on, keeping on, trying to do things, but becoming more and more impotent as each day passes.

And we will be grateful our day has finally come.
    Your right. Bill gates didn't do shit.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

And this distinction and taboo naturally give rise to the idea of inner and outer and indeed the inner and outer in personality. So we arrive at the extroverted personality and the introverted personality.

And you have an extroverted personality and I have an introverted personality. But alas we have not learnt how to create a positive relationship between us.
    You are correct. Possibly because I am an extrovert and have spent my life as part of the world, I have learned to talk to people. Because I am out in the world, I am accepting of the many beautiful personalities that exist. My extroversion allows me to maintain different types of relationships with different types of people, and to keep trying when things get a little sticky.

Because you are so far introverted and have spent your life creating your own world, it's hard for you to accept others who don't fit into your mental puzzle. At one point, you accepted me and thought us to be friends. We shared jokes and I defended you against others. But because I dared to disagree with you once, you ran back into yourself and shut me out completely. This is your introversion.

The question is do I want to live outside of myself, and define myself based on how others see me? Or would I rather live inside of myself, and never know the meaning of what it is to love another person simply because they are unique? I'm not sure that either of these choices please me.

If boys and girls can get along, then why can't introverts and extroverts? Do you really want us dead, Victor? Is that your final puzzle piece?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Victor's OP is full unchallenged false dichotomies, but some of these responses take the cake.

since when does extroversion mean accepting people as they are, and introversion running into yourself and shutting out completely a person who disagrees with you once? Since when does introversion mean never knowing what it's like to love another person? When was extroversion ever necessary to maintain different relationships with different people.

Are these points just for the purpose of arguing with Victor?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Victor's OP is full unchallenged false dichotomies, but some of these responses take the cake.

since when does extroversion mean accepting people as they are, and introversion running into yourself and shutting out completely a person who disagrees with you once? Since when does introversion mean never knowing what it's like to love another person? When was extroversion ever necessary to maintain different relationships with different people.

Are these points just for the purpose of arguing with Victor?
    I was speaking with him, and about him specifically, as was he to me. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then feel free to ignore.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Well, as a dying breed, I propose all of us Extraverts go forth into the world with renewed vigor and put our hands on everything in sight.
    Hellz yeah.

Victor, damn it, say something that makes sense!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Victor's arguments aren't made to be coherent or logical. I think people should be taking them less seriously, and appreciate their novelty, as there are most likely very few Victors in this world.

He knew how extroverts would react to this thread, I think that's why he made it.

MBTI
    xNFP

*sigh* It's totally cool - he can make whatever thread he likes. To be honest, I'm frequently amused at his crazy statements, if only because they are so far out there. Kind of like you laugh at George Carlin. There is usually a grain of truth in his melodic ramblings. This time, I just thought, "Uhhhh??? 'Kay?"
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

AJ, finally, we have a winner!

MBTI
    xNFP

*confused*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    *confused*
    Sorry, should have quoted:

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    He knew how extroverts would react to this thread, I think that's why he made it.