Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    NF

INFP - SJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Athenian, I thought you believed that NFPs embody what it means to be NF?

You could as well just regard shared dominant functions. Both ENFP and ENTP are Ne dominant so NT is the best match for ENFP.

ESTJ = NT
    ESFJ = NF
    ISTJ = SJ
    ISFJ = SJ

ESTP = SP
    ESFP = SP
    ISTP = NT
    ISFP = NF

ENTJ = SJ
    ENTP = NF
    INTJ = NF
    INTP = SP

ENFJ = SJ
    ENFP = NT
    INFJ = NT
    INFP = SP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Wow. That's depressing.
    :confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    i don't get it. how can any ESFJ be perceived as an SP or an NF? maybe there is something i am missing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    These should be reversed, IMO.
    I didn't have time to spell out the temperament combinations this morning, so here's how it corresponds (It has nothing to do with cognitive processes, or even the MBTI dichotomies):

SJ(=Melancholic)

ESTJ - NT (Choleric Melancholic: EST=Choleric=NT)
    ISTJ - SJ (pure Melancholy: IST=Melancholic=SJ)
    ESFJ - SP (Sanguine Melancholic: ESF=Sanguine=SP)
    ISFJ - NF (Phlegmatic Melancholic: ISF=Phlegmatic=NF)

SP (=Sanguine)

ESTP - NT (Choleric Sanguine: EST=Choleric=NT)
    ISTP - SJ (Melancholic Sanguine: IST=Melancholic=SJ)
    ESFP - SP (Pure Sanguine: ESF=Sanguine=SP)
    ISFP - NF (Phlegmatic Sanguine: ISF=Phlegmatic=NF)

NF (=Phlegmatic; Diplomatic skills set; not Choleric)

ENFP - SP (Sanguine Phlegmatic: ENP=Sanguine=SP)
    ENFJ - NT (Choleric Phlegmatic: ENJ=Choleric=NT)
    INFP - NF (Pure Phlegmatic: INP=Phlegmatic=NF)
    INFJ - SJ (Melancholic Phlegmatic: INJ=Melancholic=SJ)

NT (=Choleric; Strategic skills set, need for mastery; not Phlegmatic)

ENTP - SP (Sanguine Choleric: ENP=Sanguine=SP)
    ENTJ - NT (Pure Choleric: ENJ=Choleric=NT)
    INTP - NF (Phlegmatic Choleric: INP=Phlegmatic=NF)
    INTJ - SJ (Melancholic Choleric: INJ=Melancholic=SJ)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I didn't have time to spell out the temperament combinations this morning, so here's how it corresponds (It has nothing to do with cognitive processes, or even the MBTI dichotomies):
    Oh, I know what you were basing it off of, since I know you work with the temperaments and such. But in reality, ENFJ is nothing like any type of NT, for example. Btw, where do you get the temperament/type match-ups from anyway? INFJ seems not very Sanguine at all.

Also, I got these scores on some temperament test (forget which one, but it was linked from this forum):

Your personality is Melancholy Choleric
    Melancholy 48%
    Choleric 24%

The Sanguine percentage was negligible. What say you to these results?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Another way to do it, LaHaye/4 Marks style, but using Keirsey's names:

ESTJ - Rational Guardian
    ISTJ - Pure Guardian
    ESFJ - Artisan Guardian
    ISFJ - Idealist Guardian

ESTP - Rational Artisan
    ISTP - Guardian Artisan
    ESFP - Pure Artisan
    ISFP - Idealist Artisan

ENFP - Artisan Idealist
    ENFJ - Rational Idealist
    INFP - Pure Idealist
    INFJ - Guardian Idealist

ENTP - Artisan Rational
    ENTJ - Pure Rational
    INTP - Idealist Rational
    INTJ - Guardian Rational

This might even help some people who are not sure of their temperament. Like I know one ISFP who wondered about SP vs NF, but ISFP can be thought of as sort of Idealist mixed with Artisan. Again, this is not about any "iNtuition" being mixed with the "Sensing" preference. It's the behavioral temperament/interaction style mix.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Oh, I know what you were basing it off of, since I know you work with the temperaments and such. But in reality, ENFJ is nothing like any type of NT, for example.
    In being "Choleric", it kind of is, in a way. Choleric in interaction (In Charge-ENJ) is extraverted (expressive) and directive. NT as Choleric in the area of conation (action) is pragmatic and structure-focused. These parallel each other and produce an aggressive temperament where the person is quick to move, whether in social interaction, or in action.
    Though there is dispute as NT and NF as which is Choleric and which is Phlegmatic. Keirsey looked at "exciteability" vs "calmness". But that level of the temperaments is basically covered by the Interaction Styles (which he did not directly outline, or at least not really highlight until his new book last year). The NT covers the "competitive" aspect of the Choleric, and the NF has the Diplomatic Skills set of the Phlegmatic.

Btw, where do you get the temperament/type match-ups from anyway? INFJ seems not very Sanguine at all.
    That was supposed to be "Melancholy Phlegmatic" :blushing:{fixed}

Also, I got these scores on some temperament test (forget which one, but it was linked from this forum): Your personality is Melancholy Choleric
    Melancholy 48%
    Choleric 24%

The Sanguine percentage was negligible. What say you to these results?
    That would go along with Keirsey's theory. NF=Choleric; INJ=Melancholic (Keirsey now calls the interactive role "Contender"). Though most INFJ's do come out as Melancholy Phlegmatic. A couple of others may have come out like you did. On the other hand, INTJ's almost all come out as Melancholy Cholerics!
    I see that Choleric was low compared to Melancholy. What did Phlegmatic come out as?

(Also, there's Supine the fifth temperament, and many INFJ's might really be Melancholy Supine. One here actually took the full APS (not the free online test in the thread on that) and came out as Melancholy-Supine! The Supine will likely be replaced by something else on the four temperament test, or perhaps the next strongest temperament will come out as the secondary).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

In being "Choleric", it kind of is, in a way. Choleric in interaction (In Charge-ENJ) is extraverted (expressive) and directive. NT as Choleric in the area of conation (action) is pragmatic and structure-focused. These parallel each other and produce an aggressive temperament where the person is quick to move, whether in social interaction, or in action.
    Though there is dispute as NT and NF as which is Choleric and which is Phlegmatic. Keirsey looked at "exciteability" vs "calmness". But that level of the temperaments is basically covered by the Interaction Styles (which he did not directly outline, or at least not really highlight until his new book last year). The NT covers the "competitive" aspect of the Choleric, and the NF has the Diplomatic Skills set of the Phlegmatic.
    Oh, interesting.

I see that Choleric was low compared to Melancholy. What did Phlegmatic come out as?
    22 percent, so not far behind.

(Also, there's Supine the fifth temperament, and many INFJ's might really be Melancholy Supine. One here actually took the full APS (not the free online test in the thread on that) and came out as Melancholy-Supine! The Supine will likely be replaced by something else on the four temperament test, or perhaps the next strongest temperament will come out as the secondary).
    Hmmm, Supine doesn't look right for me, reading up on it. Too much emphasis on serving in an actual sense; I'm not good at that. But I could see how it would fit an INFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

So you're likely Melancholy Phlegmatic. There's also Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric, which you can read about here: Fourtemperaments.com, though those blends might not correspond in the same way as temperament+interaction style.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

So you're likely Melancholy Phlegmatic. There's also Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric, which you can read about here: Fourtemperaments.com, though those blends might not correspond in the same way as temperament+interaction style.
    Yes, the idealist. I agree with that one. If I'm anything, it's an idealist. I was also reading the combinations here and I identify with both Mel/Phlegm and Mel/Chol. So I'm likely a mix of the three. Thanks for your help!