• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simple I vs. E Quiz

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ready?

OK......:D

One question---

If you were forced to choose between the following two options, which would you choose?***

........ (A) To be alone with your thoughts and with very little outside stimulation, for 10 hours straight.

........ (B) To be in a lively atmosphere in which you could hardly hear yourself think, for 10 hours straight.

*** (Please note that I am not suggesting that anyone would want to be in either of these situations.
The purpose of the question is to determine which option would be more tolerable and, therefore, more preferable.)

If you chose option A, I would say you are most likely an Introvert.

If you chose option B, I would say you are most likely an Extravert.

Does anyone disagree with this?

If so, please explain.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alone if i could sleep...i miss sleep...but otherwise yeah i'd be bored and would prefer some company and something fun to do. :)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
alone if i could sleep...i miss sleep...but otherwise yeah i'd be bored and would prefer some company and something fun to do. :)

Not YOU, Erin---Of ALL PEOPLE!!!!!:shock:

OK---I'd better put a disclaimer that I don't mean in your sleep!!!!

Jesus. :doh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If option A involved researching something really interesting and new, or playing music all day (which would be way better with other people around, especially for 10 hours straight), I might pick A. Otherwise B is really cool, except that you'll have a broken back by the end of the day.... oh, and the bands have to be really good :D. Unfortunately, I don't know any people that would come with me to one of these things, they'd all rather stay home and watch TV. Money is also a factor here though :yes:, it's far easier to stay at home than it is to visit option B.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not YOU, Erin---Of ALL PEOPLE!!!!!:shock:

OK---I'd better put a disclaimer that I don't mean in your sleep!!!!

Jesus. :doh:

shush i was kidding...and having a moment there dreaming about sleeping in...i know ya didn't haha

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I would pick option A unless option B involved people that would include me and make me feel comfortable. :D

Jaguar

Come on Wonka, you know better than to use such extremes.
I'd choose neither, given those options.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Come on Wonka, you know better than to use such extremes.
I'd choose neither, given those options.

"There is no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert. Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum. They are only terms to designate..., a certain tendency....the tendency to be more influenced by environmental factors, or more influenced by the subjective factor, that's all. There are people who are fairly well balanced and are just as much influenced from within as from without, or just as little".

-Carl Jung

Perhaps you missed THIS:

*** (Please note that I am not suggesting that anyone would want to be in either of these situations.
The purpose of the question is to determine which option would be more tolerable and, therefore, more preferable.)

Jaguar

So you are asking me if I could sit in a padded cell with no stimulation. Lol.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So you are asking me if I could sit in a padded cell with no stimulation. Lol.

No.

I did not mention or even remotely suggest a padded cell.

And I did not say "no stimulation."

My question was:

If you were forced to choose between the following two options, which would you choose?***

........ (A) To be alone with your thoughts and with very little outside stimulation, for 10 hours straight.

........ (B) To be in a lively atmosphere in which you could hardly hear yourself think, for 10 hours straight.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
How about:

IF you had to choose between the following:

1. Being recognized and celebrated in your time as one of the greatest in your specialty currently
2. Being recognized and celebrated after your death as the greatest in your specialty of all time

1. is extravert. 2. is introvert.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is it? well how odd....

Chloe

op:

i cant imagine how would be like not having outside stimulation..... :huh: there's always tv, net, phone, a book... :huh: without all that?
than B for sure.... but if i can read and watch tv for 10 hours I'd prefer that over being in extremely crowded place without interesting stuff and familiar people around me..

what i prefer the best for spending 10 hours is with friends, not many - few... with many stimulations like tv,music, in bars etc..and meeting new people so i'm bored for while if there isn't someone new around me. :shock:
what i get claustrophobic about is not enough people, but it's yust tought in my head that provokes panic, ... for ex. if i'm about to go to holiday in sea house with 2 of my friends, it's populated lil town, i feel panic because i cant stand being with only 2 people for week, despite they are my best friends etc.

LucrativeSid

It seems reasonable. According to that, I'm an introvert. I'm only in the mood for lots of stimulation once every few weeks, and even then, there's no way I'd do it for 10 hours. Maybe 2. Option A seems like what I do already every single day.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Perhaps you missed THIS:

It seems reasonable. According to that, I'm an introvert. I'm only in the mood for lots of stimulation once every few weeks, and even then, there's no way I'd do it for 10 hours. Maybe 2. Option A seems like what I do already every single day.

Well, I suppose its possible to be an Extravert who spends most of his time alone with his thoughts, with very little outside stimulation.

Same degree of possibility as a Flying Spaghetti Monster attack on New York, maybe, but possible nonetheless. ;)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
op:

i cant imagine how would be like not having outside stimulation..... :huh: there's always tv, net, phone, a book... :huh: without all that?
than B for sure.... but if i can read and watch tv for 10 hours I'd prefer that over being in extremely crowded place without interesting stuff and familiar people around me..

what i prefer the best for spending 10 hours is with friends, not many - few... with many stimulations like tv,music, in bars etc..and meeting new people so i'm bored for while if there isn't someone new around me. :shock:
what i get claustrophobic about is not enough people, but it's yust tought in my head that provokes panic, ... for ex. if i'm about to go to holiday in sea house with 2 of my friends, it's populated lil town, i feel panic because i cant stand being with only 2 people for week, despite they are my best friends etc.

Right. Exactly----

The point isn't whether you would enjoy A or B.

I don't think ANYONE would enjoy EITHER option.

The point is which one is more tolerable, and, therefore, more PREFERABLE.

After all, type is determined by PREFERENCES, and extreme situations make it more clear what a person's preference is.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I start to go a bit crazy after ~3 hours of outward stimulation, so I'd rather be in solitude.

EDIT: Actually it's a bit more than crazy. After three hours I get physically agitated, my mind just seems to shut off in some areas, I get totally irritable to everything, yeah. I'm not a pleasant person. Then add SEVEN more hours to that?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I love being alone. It takes a lot of alone time before I get lonely (days usually, sometimes even a week or more, although I rarely get the chance to be alone for that long). I love being around the right people, and a lot of my fondest memories involve others, but I'll always need that alone time to recharge afterwards.

Synthetic Darkness

How about:

IF you had to choose between the following:

1. Being recognized and celebrated in your time as one of the greatest in your specialty currently
2. Being recognized and celebrated after your death as the greatest in your specialty of all time

1. is extravert. 2. is introvert.

Totally after death I mean come on most famous people don't get much appreciation until after they keel over =)

As for the other one option A 100% I love being around people but for 10 hours...nooooooooooooooooooooooooo way I get annoyed just by being with people for 5 hours on end now lets times that by two...we wouldn't want me to go to jail now would we? :)