• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simple I vs. E Quiz

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Whoops. I misread the question. Since option B doesn't have to do with people, I have no clue which one I'd pick. :/

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Option A sounds like what I might do when the ISP fails. </humor>

I probably should take option A one of these days as a psychological experiment. If someone else is conducting it, I might get paid.

LucrativeSid

Well, I suppose its possible to be an Extravert who spends most of his time alone with his thoughts, with very little outside stimulation.

Same degree of possibility as a Flying Spaghetti Monster attack on New York, maybe, but possible nonetheless. ;)

I seem like an introvert in most ways. Perhaps I am. I've always said this. The people around here would never agree with me, though.

sade

They are pretty equal situations, the bad reaction is different in A than B which makes it hard to choose.. I think I would react better to A.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm somewhat extroverted and I'd say A, I'd rather be alone, for the fear of being bored of uninteresting talk I can't make go away. Bored, or tired. I'm not sure.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh god, A, no question. Option B would probably end in a killing spree of sorts.

How about:

IF you had to choose between the following:

1. Being recognized and celebrated in your time as one of the greatest in your specialty currently
2. Being recognized and celebrated after your death as the greatest in your specialty of all time

1. is extravert. 2. is introvert.
You're failing to take into account people who believe in life after death. Because I'm sure extroverted believers would love to be sitting up there going "Heck yes, still number one! I am un-de-featable!"

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
A,... I would just invent something to keep myself sane... If I chose B, I'd probably do the same thing... I guess that doesn't answer your question well enough!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't think this quiz works at all. I am a hardcore E, but I would not want to be deafened for ten hours and not be able to carry on a decent conversation. Also, because of my underemployment and severe lack of money at the moment, I also spend a lot of time away from people. Going out costs money. I also don't interact much with my roommates, so most of my human interaction is online or over the phone to people from back home. That will change, though. If we are talking about NO net/phone/TV/DVDs, ten hours might be a bit much for me, but I can always cook for an hour, read for a couple of hours, sleep for a few. It would go by a lot easier than ten hours of loud intensity, unless it's something like a music festival or one of my old frat parties that started at noon Saturday and went until Sunday night or Monday. That is only fun a couple of times a year, though.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've spent 10+ hours willingly exploring the Clipsal 500 track, watching cars, drinking a little, and by the time the concerts came out to play, my back hurt so much, that all I wanted was to lay down somewhere... but powderfinger was playing... it was quite a confliction. I'd do that over sitting around doing nothing for 10 hours with nothing to do.
There's probably people that do that sort of thing every weekend, I don't know if I could stand that if I were working the entire week though.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, thanks to those who answered the actual question.

I guess the others enjoy being nitpicky little imps. :newwink:

To each their own. :D

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I find it interesting how everyone's picking the Introvert option on this thread, but the Extrovert option on Wonkavision's other I vs. E thread. He might just be onto something...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Ugh! Neither option would be tolerable for me.
(option A) That works for me only if it is bedtime and I am asleep. Otherwise, I'd be completely bored because my thoughts aren't enough to keep me entertained for ten hours.
(option B) I'm very sensitive to noise. This one sounds painful. If it were outside and lively, without the echo effect, this would be the preferred option for me.
I still believe that I am an introvert but have never been certain about that.

hommefatal

A because of my NF. I always need to find my inner self but I need others to help me.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Ready?

OK......:D

One question---

If you were forced to choose between the following two options, which would you choose?***

........ (A) To be alone with your thoughts and with very little outside stimulation, for 10 hours straight.

........ (B) To be in a lively atmosphere in which you could hardly hear yourself think, for 10 hours straight.

*** (Please note that I am not suggesting that anyone would want to be in either of these situations.
The purpose of the question is to determine which option would be more tolerable and, therefore, more preferable.)

If you chose option A, I would say you are most likely an Introvert.

If you chose option B, I would say you are most likely an Extravert.

Does anyone disagree with this?

If so, please explain.

This seems context dependent and thus not a valid question. :jew: I would choose option A if my inner thoughts were invigorating enough. For example if I were writing a novel about a character I cared for. Then I might be satisfied being by myself for that long. Otoh I would choose option B. I would much prefer to be in a loud chaotic crowd witnessing revolution or some such important happening than be by myself listening to boring negative monologue.

I consider myself to be an introvert by nature.