User Tag List

View Poll Results: which one u prefer: being quickly mature, or youthful again ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • quickly & ambitiously being mature, grown up, & professional in working world

9 16.36%
  • being mature, but if possible, not too 'professional' & 'formal'

21 38.18%
  • being youthful again, but doesn't have to be extreme

9 16.36%
  • heck, i despise being a grown-up!! screw it! i want to be childish!

13 23.64%
  • this is probably just you, Niki..

3 5.45%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default which one u prefer: being mature, or youthful ?

i know some (actually, many) people who seem to really want to become quickly grow-up & mature, & to quickly & ambitiously enter the working world.
    but i also know many people at their mature-times, to despise maturity (& professionalism & formality, often related with being mature) , and in the midst of Reality they're experiencing, would prefer more to be youthful, some even prefer to be childish again, rather than to grow-up & mature.

I'm just purely speculating & guessing here,
    but i think the former would be more associated probably mostly to STJ type (especially ESTJ) , or actually, the "T" type , and even more if combined with the "J" type,
    while the latter would be more associated to NF type , 'coz it's the idealism .vs. sucky Reality for most of them. which explains why they would rather want to be at their young age again.
    It also seems that "Sensors" seems to be able to cope with this so-called 'harsh' Reality, because hey, after all, it's the PRESENT time that they can sense (& focus at), rather than imagining all those 'impossible' things, such as thinking 'bout time-machine, and going back again to the child/youthful times...............or maybe this all could just be me.

What do u guys think?
    Does anybody relate with what i'm saying here? I'm curious.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have found a simple balance. You can be as child-like as you want as long as in the professional world you get things done efficiently and correctly. After some time, people will stop sneering at your quirks, and just appreciate the quality of your work. Business is business.

Well I am an INFX and I hate growing up (I am 17 so not grown up quite yet)

I definitely want to go back to ebing a child about 10-12 it is not just reality that I hate I honestly think I was a better person when I was 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I have found a simple balance. You can be as child-like as you want as long as in the professional world you get things done efficiently and correctly. After some time, people will stop sneering at your quirks, and just appreciate the quality of your work. Business is business.
    What he said

MBTI
    WOLF

I like my childlike ways. It prevents ulcers.

That said, I can immediately snap into that whole mature, responsible, adult thing. But if I don't need to, I just won't.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I enjoy being professional, cold and formal.

MBTI
    ISXJ

I have always been very mature, driven, and responsible...even from a young age. However, like FDG said, you have to strike a balance. I take all my work seriously, but there are plenty of ways to make it fun. I have an offbeat and witty humor that I always try to incorporate when dealing with people or even when writing papers for school...it just keeps the mood casual and personal. I will admit, there are times when I wish I could just be more carefree and child-like, but when it boils down to it, I am content with who I am. In my life, I enjoy my work, and I enjoy my play.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Me? Mature, because it's the right way to be, and people don't respect you if you're not. (Although I might like being a little childish and silly if I'm at home alone, where no one can see/judge.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Me? Mature, because it's the right way to be, and people don't respect you if you're not. (Although I might like being a little childish and silly if I'm at home alone, where no one can see/judge.)
    What about people not respecting you? What's the problem with that? I love when people don't respect me and underestimate me because I act in childlike ways, yet I'm able to overperform them in business/sports/whatever "serious" matter they consider important, so that they're left completely confused as to what I actually am.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't want to grow up, but in a small way I do. I'd love if I could just stay in this year indefinitely, because I'm at a point where I feel I've matured a lot over the past few years, but I'm still enjoying being a kid.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss