• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which one u prefer: being mature, or youthful ?

which one u prefer: being quickly mature, or youthful again ?

• quickly & ambitiously being mature, grown up, & professional in working world

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • being mature, but if possible, not too 'professional' & 'formal'

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • being youthful again, but doesn't have to be extreme

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • heck, i despise being a grown-up!! screw it! i want to be childish!

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • this is probably just you, Niki..

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I aim for youthful body, mature mind. Not too formal though.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At work, I prefer being "quickly & ambitiously being mature, grown up, & professional in working world". However, in real life, I prefer a mixture of "mature when it's called for" and "child-like when I have the chance."

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Maturity is one of those subjective things that many people seem to think they are and everyone else isn't. I have no time what so ever for subjective labels, and why would I want to become regimented and sensible?

To add to that, youth isn't something you can get back. To be mature, you just need to decide to be and do it. It can obviously wait.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...says the idealist-
To me, "mature" & "youthful" go hand-in-hand.

Mole

Permabanned
The Mature Introvert

Maturity is most important for introverts because introverts have something to mature.

The danger for introverts is, seeing they are not as initially successful as extroverts, that they will try to imitate an extrovert.

This doesn't work and subverts the slow maturation into relaxed introversion.

In fact all an introvert needs to do is to learn to relax, and in particular, learn to relax in painful situations.

But this is easier said than done, but systematically learning to relax puts introverts onto the path to maturity.

And there is nothing nicer than a mature introvert.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thinking:

can't I choose youthful appearance and mature personality?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Maturity is most important for introverts because introverts have something to mature.

The danger for introverts is, seeing they are not as initially successful as extroverts, that they will try to imitate an extrovert.

This doesn't work and subverts the slow maturation into relaxed introversion.

In fact all an introvert needs to do is to learn to relax, and in particular, learn to relax in painful situations.

But this is easier said than done, but systematically learning to relax puts introverts onto the path to maturity.

And there is nothing nicer than a mature introvert.

Well put. Every now and again, Victor, you say something people really should take note of.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I just left school and I'm working in a big old coporate company for a year and I hate it!
Because you have to ACT mature. They don't care if you are mature just as long as you act mature!

So I choose child like!

tbh I like being a childlike adult (just adult just) better than a childlike child, an adult child or an adult adult.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm, I don't believe they are mutually exclusive...

I think what defines "maturity" is confidence, knowing yourself, being unselfish, being able to let go, being aware of the effects of your own actions and taking responsibility for them. What defines "youthfulness" is hope, optimism, not taking life too seriously, can-do attitude, ideals and energy. It's possible to have both :yes: