User Tag List

View Poll Results: which one u prefer: being quickly mature, or youthful again ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • quickly & ambitiously being mature, grown up, & professional in working world

9 16.36%
  • being mature, but if possible, not too 'professional' & 'formal'

21 38.18%
  • being youthful again, but doesn't have to be extreme

9 16.36%
  • heck, i despise being a grown-up!! screw it! i want to be childish!

13 23.64%
  • this is probably just you, Niki..

3 5.45%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What about people not respecting you? What's the problem with that? I love when people don't respect me and underestimate me because I act in childlike ways, yet I'm able to overperform them in business/sports/whatever "serious" matter they consider important, so that they're left completely confused as to what I actually am.
    Well, it hurts me when people think less of me, I actually feel hated and worthless if that happens.

It's kind of interesting how you can just do all that, and still get things done, and also how it doesn't affect you as much.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, it hurts me when people think less of me, I actually feel hated and worthless if that happens.
    Even random people? It does hurt me too, but only if it's people that are very close to me.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I want to go back to being a kid again. But it's nice to have some of this experience and wisdom to bring with me when I do go back.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Hehehe. I like my age, and I like how I am now. Only protest is although I know a lot for my age, there is still a lot to learn that is aquired more conveniently at an older age. So I don't mind growing up.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Being young sucked. I'm glad to have it over with.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I want to go back to being a kid again. But it's nice to have some of this experience and wisdom to bring with me when I do go back.
    That's almost exactly what I was thinking.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

RDF

When I was a young kid, I always wanted to grow up quickly and acquire the privileges of older kids: staying up late, not having to worry about bullies, etc. When I was a teen, I couldn't wait for the privileges of adulthood: learning to drive, moving out on my own, being able to drink legally.

Even in my 20s and 30s I wanted to be older so that I could have the respect that comes with experience and middle age; there were still too many nosy acquaintances, bosses, and moral authorities who insisted they knew better than me how to live my life, do my work, and manage my marriage. (And often enough they were right.) There were still too many times when I had to swallow my pride and ask for help because I didn't know it all, after all.

But as of my mid 40s to early 50s, I finally feel like I'm at the right age. It's not that I need to be a stuffed shirt or anything. It's just that I'm at a place in life where I've paid my dues and learned all the hard lessons. Now I'm calling the shots. I've got my shit together enough that no one messes with me or second-guesses me, and I'm even in a position to dispense a little wisdom, give a hand occasionally, and help others out with their problems.

Time to sit back, put my life on auto-pilot, and enjoy the ride. I think I was born to be middle-aged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    When I was a young kid, I always wanted to grow up quickly and acquire the privileges of older kids: staying up late, not having to worry about bullies, etc. When I was a teen, I couldn't wait for the privileges of adulthood: learning to drive, moving out on my own, being able to drink legally.

Even in my 20s and 30s I wanted to be older so that I could have the respect that comes with experience and middle age; there were still too many nosy acquaintances, bosses, and moral authorities who insisted they knew better than me how to live my life, do my work, and manage my marriage. (And often enough they were right.) There were still too many times when I had to swallow my pride and ask for help because I didn't know it all, after all.

But as of my mid 40s to early 50s, I finally feel like I'm at the right age. It's not that I need to be a stuffed shirt or anything. It's just that I'm at a place in life where I've paid my dues and learned all the hard lessons. Now I'm calling the shots. I've got my shit together enough that no one messes with me or second-guesses me, and I'm even in a position to dispense a little wisdom, give a hand occasionally, and help others out with their problems.

Time to sit back, put my life on auto-pilot, and enjoy the ride. I think I was born to be middle-aged.
    I recently told a friend of mine that I was quite looking forward to being in my 50s, for these precise reasons. (He thought I was nuts, but hey.)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I liked my twenties, better than my teens...and my thirties better than both.

I hear that the fifties are just awesome.

And being a guy if you make it to eighty, there are so few dudes. The women will share you.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I liked my twenties, better than my teens...and my thirties better than both.

I hear that the fifties are just awesome.

And being a guy if you make it to eighty, there are so few dudes. The women will share you.
    Oh man, I hope I never live to see that happening.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf