User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 40

  1. #11
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ditto, buddy.
    If I had across-the-board acceptance, damn, I'd be disappointed.
    OMG, I'm with you! That is the definition of a life completely without any conflict whatsoever. I'd feel like the dude in "The Truman Show," like a big lab rat if everybody liked me. Bleeech! My skin crawls at the thought. :horor:

  2. #12
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I will presume that you are talking to me.

    Well the ENTJs are Es what by default means that he/she needs more acceptance then an INTJ. Since ENTJs need a source of energy in a form of other people.
    I disagree strongly with that. ENT's do not "by definition" need energy from other people. That would be ENF's. I can get energy galore without seeing another person for days, just tweaking inanimate objects and exploring my physical environment, as also applies to the ENTJ's I know intimately.

    I don't think I've ever seen an introvert actually wonder about the different reasons why someone might "need" social acceptance. They always seem to assume it has something to do with personal insecurity or a reliance on others' opinions for your own self-esteem. And yet this is so often not the case, as I mentioned in the (ignored) post above! :steam:
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  3. #13
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OMG, I'm with you! That is the definition of a life completely without any conflict whatsoever.
    Why is it I know only a handful of people will laugh reading that?
    I remember a MBTI typology site which had a T trait listed as:

    Sees conflict as a natural part of relationships.

  4. #14
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I disagree strongly with that. ENT's do not "by definition" need energy from other people. That would be ENF's. I can get energy galore without seeing another person for days, just tweaking inanimate objects and exploring my physical environment, as also applies to the ENTJ's I know intimately.

    I don't think I've ever seen an introvert actually wonder about the different reasons why someone might "need" social acceptance. They always seem to assume it has something to do with personal insecurity or a reliance on others' opinions for your own self-esteem. And yet this is so often not the case, as I mentioned in the (ignored) post above! :steam:

    I am afraid that we have a misunderstanding here. When I say that you need energy from another people I mean that you like to be around other people.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Scott N Denver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    ENFP will do crazy shit to confirm their acceptance around their friends. INFP will just hang out and be happy that everyone lets them hang around (hanging around is the INFP version of doing crazy shit...even then they are not completely sure if they are 'accepted')
    "You see much [person's name], too much"


    Hey, we INFP's really do do that....GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! And your not even a fellow INFP and your in my head. Pull the alarms, we've been breached!

  6. #16
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am afraid that we have a misunderstanding here. When I say that you need energy from another people I mean that you like to be around other people.
    Yeah I know, but you're also suggesting that ENT's NEED to be around other people an awful lot, that it's our main source of energy, when it's just simply not
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  7. #17
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah I know, but you're also suggesting that ENT's NEED to be around other people an awful lot, that it's our main source of energy, when it's just simply not
    Can you show me where I said that ?
    I have simply compared them with INTJs, nothing more.

  8. #18
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    At times I've wanted to be more accepted, but I haven't really cared for more acceptance in quite some time. I enjoy people, I enjoy action. Often I engage in some hobby or mine, or work, and I feel like I'm conversing with my work. I do some thing with my work, and it replies - often I choose that over social interaction.

    I don't see extraversion as much an issue of sociability as an issue of energy levels, positivity and the desire to act with the external.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    669

    Default

    I have a way higher need for social acceptance than I like to admit. I'm still working on refusing to care what people think of me.

    My ESTP SO, on the other hand, doesn't have much of a need for social acceptance at all. Based on personal experience, I'd say the E vs. I thing doesn't matter in this case.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

  10. #20
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Just got this from a socionics ENTp description:
    ENTps care very much what others think and feel about them. In this case the "others" in question are everyone except close friends and family, because close friends and family form a special circle.
    5 3 9

Similar Threads

  1. ENFJ or other E have a need for isolation???
    By Robert165 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO