User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

In terms of mathematical equations to expalin the difference between Ti and Te

Te: 1+1=2 anyone who says its not 2 is an idiot
    Ti: 1+1 can be 2. but it can be alot of other things as well. and somehow. use the answer to mutate into a lot more different answers.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    In terms of mathematical equations to expalin the difference between Ti and Te

Te: 1+1=2 anyone who says its not 2 is an idiot
    Ti: 1+1 can be 2. but it can be alot of other things as well. and somehow. use the answer to mutate into a lot more different answers.
    Another good example, but to clarify, Ti needs circumstantial information of Ne or Se. 1+1 depends on the moment.

Introverted function tendency is through origin, so one with Ti will not likely care that 1+1=2 because it doesn't imply anything deep to the origin of logic. It's a truth, yet a solution. Ti will study 1 and what it is to layer it and why of existence, and if Ne aids, 1 will be imagined as blocks and made into towers and to what 1 could be will better clarify what 1 is and what 1+1 is. This is the metaphor. Depth.

An introverted function is dependent upon the extroverted function, where the extroverted function is dependent upon the outside. Extraverted P, dependent on circumstance, extraverted J, dependent on rules. This is the traditional display.

If you say IXTJs have been scoring high Ti, then shouldn't by this make them less inclined to use it if they have primary Te?

1+1=hmm should I assume 2 is right or assume 2 isn't certain enough...

Their "analyzing further" tendencies are exceptional in "a lot" of areas? Not if they are TJs. Rationals seek closure because they are "agreeable to reason," or what Eric is saying, cooperative. It can be one or the other but by rule it is Te.

I agree with you if you say this typing of high Ti is somewhat peculiar. It is not if Te is the prime judgment in the TJ order.
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    type

^"Scoring" high Ti has nothing to do with Ti. Take a test, and pay attention to all the questions. You may notice that a. They're probably using the more modern definitions which are more like Te., and b. All the results can do is tell you "How good you think you are at Ti." vs. what it is, how often you use it, and how adept you really are. What those tests tell you has nothing to do with the originally conceived functions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Ti is systematic, creating over-arching theoretical constructs and describing complex systems. At it's worst it can descend into uncritical and dogmatic acceptance of unfalsifiable theories.

Te is analytical and critical, it relies more on raw logic then Ti and is more critical of broad theories and systems. At it's worst it can descend into cynicism and nihilism.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Ti is systematic, creating over-arching theoretical constructs and describing complex systems. At it's worst it can descend into uncritical and dogmatic acceptance of unfalsifiable theories.

Te is analytical and critical, it relies more on raw logic then Ti and is more critical of broad theories and systems. At it's worst it can descend into cynicism and nihilism.
    Oddly enough I thought this was written by a TJ before I checked your type.

It's always worth noting who wrote what as well as what they wrote.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ti has an i and Te an e, in the abbreviation God damnit, sometimes you look like 1st year students
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

deleted

One useful definition of an introverted function is "consistent" and an extroverted function "situational." So Ti aims towards consistency and is able to see inconsistencies, of logic. Te is better at taking individual situations as they come. Ti (along with any I function) is strict, Te (or any E function) is flexible. For instance Ti wants logic to form around their useful system. One with Te wants to reach a goal, so their best talent is to be flexible with their thinking in order to reach that goal. The ends justify the means. I know it may not seem like an EXTJ is "flexible" from an analytical standpoint, but their thinking type is definitely more flexible than the IXTPs, trust me. Any tendency of perfection of the system comes from the introverted function, even for an extrovert. Other perfections come from both. The most negative aspect of Te is making mistakes, and the most negative of Ti is closed-mindedness. I hope this helps.

Jung:

The introverted thinking type creates interior worlds of ideas.

The extraverted thinking type has a plan to carry out.

Simple as that.
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    One useful definition of an introverted function is "consistent" and an extroverted function "situational."
    That was a very clear explanation. I've never heard it put that way before, though.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    One useful definition of an introverted function is "consistent" and an extroverted function "situational." So Ti aims towards consistency and is able to see inconsistencies, of logic. Te is better at taking individual situations as they come. Ti (along with any I function) is strict, Te (or any E function) is flexible. For instance Ti wants logic to form around their useful system. One with Te wants to reach a goal, so their best talent is to be flexible with their thinking in order to reach that goal. The ends justify the means. I know it may not seem like an EXTJ is "flexible" from an analytical standpoint, but their thinking type is definitely more flexible than the IXTPs, trust me. Any tendency of perfection of the system comes from the introverted function, even for an extrovert. Other perfections come from both. The most negative aspect of Te is making mistakes, and the most negative of Ti is closed-mindedness. I hope this helps.

Jung:

The introverted thinking type creates interior worlds of ideas.

The extraverted thinking type has a plan to carry out.

Simple as that.
    That's very interesting. Would explain why a "scheduling" J (like my father) would have the audacity to call a "probing" P (me) "inflexible". We don't fit into their plan.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Ti Vs Te

Hello NT's. I'm having trouble understanding how Ti looks different than Te. Can anyone give me some examples of how these two functions operate and how I might recognize them?