First 8161718

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    A gross oversimplification.

Try not to miss the forest for the trees.
    Maybe in short, but yeah. Te is probably a bit more conceptual than Ti is, the Te person needs to do something (say a school project) and has to realize his own plan/schedule how he thinks it would be most effective. Anything that is not on the agenda/scale is dismissed (such as, if it is not done by -date-, then its no good. but there's always exceptions).
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Maybe in short, but yeah. Te is probably a bit more conceptual than Ti is, the Te person needs to do something (say a school project) and has to realize his own plan/schedule how he thinks it would be most effective. Anything that is not on the agenda/scale is dismissed (such as, if it is not done by -date-, then its no good. but there's always exceptions).
    From Wikipedia:

Dominant: Extraverted thinking (Te)

Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence. [15]

Te is the most developed function for ENTJs. Te involves ordering, structuring, specifying, and applying logic to situations. ENTJs tend to be endowed with strong organizational and coordination skills. Te is also focused on performing a task in the most efficient and productive manner, which generally gives ENTJs the ability to direct and marshal their environment according to work-specific needs. Further, Te contributes to the ENTJs' ability to accumulate relevant data while analyzing that data for factual accuracies and impersonal applications.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Wast just giving a nice worldly example, discobiscuit.

edit; i did say there are exceptions though. thank you for your nice wikipedia quote.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Wast just giving a nice worldly example, discobiscuit.
    A worldly example that doesn't paint the rosiest picture of Te users.

I don't automatically dismiss anything that isn't on my agenda.

In fact I frequently work for and with others.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Ti solves a problem by sitting at home and logically inducing possible ideas until a system is formed or a conclusion is reached.

Te goes out and gathers information to form a system about how empirical reality works, and deduces a conclusion or forms a bigger picture about a system.

They can conflict because they don't always reflect each other.

If I were to ask Ti "Does a cat have a bum?", Ti asks itself what the definition of a cat is, and can infer whether a cat has a bum or not.

If I were to ask Te "Does a cat have a bum", Te goes out and finds an individual cat to test whether it has a bum, as not all cats have bums in reality.
    Interesting, I don't really think I could reach a complete conclusion without using both. I first use Ti, then validate it with Te.

At first I thought I was INXP, and now I think I am INTX. My thought process is way more INTJ than INFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

i thought this comparison illustrated the differences clearly: example of Ti vs Te

Most people are missing the point because they round around the point and define functions contingently to other functions which is not true.
    Sure functions are somewhat defined by the nature of their input but in case of MBTI, a function is defined by its core (how it processes data) and not by input and output sets.

So sentences like "Te is processing external/internal data" are crap.

Extroversion means "movement towards external world" (a world is an object...self can be either object or subject) .
    So Te is at the same time a tendency to apply logic to an object and a function which takes reference outside self.

Te is so contextual IN ITS FUNCTIONNING (not in terms of data or something else...let the work done by perceiving functions) since it derives from external reference point.
    Ti uses a SELF logic so there is not point to give concrete example since it depends on its user. 1+1=2 can be just that if self logic doesn't bother with it.
    Te can also says 1+1 = 0...in the {{0,1}, X, +} set (does not know the english name of this set) because it is this set logic.

That is the same for "Te is utilitarist". This is again something else, personnal values in fact. Either way, no perception is truly objective concretely (we know what we see). Therefore, even Te can vary from people to people (i can think that mathematical logic applies for chosing an ice cream). So either Te or Ti can think the same for this example, the difference lies in Ti use its logic and Te uses the object logic (what he thinks is).

No need to say I am mainly a Te user.