User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's really cute how NTJs get off on feeling like they're manipulating people when they're doing no such thing. I like arguing, get it? I enjoy typing up snarky responses to you. You're not "baiting" shit.

If I offer you a steak and you take it and eat it because you like eating steak, I haven't manipulated anything. I've just given you an opportunity to do something you enjoy.

But if I were an NTJ I'd probably laugh to myself about how I tricked that sucker into doing what I wanted, because I control everything behind the scenes because I'm so brilliant, ha-ha-ha. :rolli:
    You seriously seem like you're going to have a manic episode or a panic attack soon

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    You seriously seem like you're going to have a manic episode or a panic attack soon
    I probably normally seem like that to someone who's as bad at reading me as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    That's not really to do with MBTI it is jsut to do with background. Someone whose dad is "worth 8 figures" is bound to be brought up thinking that way, and only a strong and intelligent one will overcome such thinking.

I know lots of NTJ's who do not think the way you described.
    You know, that is a good point. There are definitely cool NTJs who grasp the (apparently very difficult for them) concept that beating people in Te terms doesn't really matter to people who aren't interested in playing the Te game in the first place.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Just take it easy. Its only a forum

It's really cute how NTJs get off on feeling like they're manipulating people when they're doing no such thing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Just take it easy. Its only a forum
    You're right, it is just a forum. If I met Jaguar in person I'd probably buy him a drink and have a nice chat about typology.

It's usually Fi types (including TJs) who seem to read bipolar disorder into my penchant for constructing exaggerated language for comedic effect. It's a game, see?

There's aesthetic value in putting together elaborate combinations of verbal sparring. Apparently I'm good enough at it that you totally miss my real motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    [fish pic]

Just don't throw me in that briar patch! Anything but that!

I assume the (presumably NTJ) fox figured he'd cleverly "manipulated" Br'er Rabbit into jumping into the briar patch. Only problem for you is--you're just "baiting" me to keep doing something I already want to do. If you want to manipulate me, you need to trick me into doing something I don't want to do, that somehow benefits you.

Get it?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

You know, that is a good point. There are definitely cool NTJs who grasp the (apparently very difficult for them) concept that beating people in Te terms doesn't really matter to people who aren't interested in playing the Te game in the first place.
    Well surely Ni would "look through the facade of external success" or whatever it is Ni does. I think NTJ's judge competence and logic rather than the external trappings of success.

Falling back on "my dad is worth 8 figures" seems much more STJ, an appeal to social convention (to go by the stereotype that is).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Well surely Ni would "look through the facade of external success" or whatever it is Ni does. I think NTJ's judge competence and logic rather than the external trappings of success.

Falling back on "my dad is worth 8 figures" seems much more STJ, an appeal to social convention (to go by the stereotype that is).
    You're right about Ni. I think it's just a Te thing...I imagine INTJs are much better about finding meaning outside of socioeconomic status. ENTJs just often don't seem to get that there's anything else worth bothering with.

The more you respond to them, the more they assert their Te superiority, as if they believe non-Te types actually care about measuring in Te terms. It's kind of sad.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^Well you could always turn it back on 'em.

If someone tried to get one over me saying "my dad is worth 8 figures" I'd just say "and yet you still ended up here trying to get one over a commoner like me; somewhere along the line you FAILED pretty hard dude".

but maybe that's just my unhealthy inferior Fe.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

I was thinking the same thing about him.
    Maybe we should call a doctor for the little fella.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about him.
    Maybe we should call a doctor for the little fella.