User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Maybe. Or the Ti user might just call Zeno an idiot and dismiss the paradox forthright, if her internal logic scheme is different than that of Zeno's.
    ^What?!

Are you saying that a Ti user can get so involved in her own system that she'd summarily dismiss rival systems and call their proponents idiots?

Such behavior is unheard of within the hallowed halls of intellectual integrity where Ti users roam!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Ti has to make sense internally before it's accepted externally. Things aren't taken at face value until they match an internal logic scheme. Te is the opposite - internal thoughts aren't accepted unless they match an external logic scheme, like a procedure.
    This.

And Ti users use Ne or Se with it, meaning that they gather information without judging it and want to get as much information before making the decision.

Te users use Si and Ni, and because they judge information from external world they dismiss illogical info(or what seems to be illogical or irrelevant(and this is what makes them weaker imo )) and only take logical facts inside, so that they can gather the facts from inside with Si or Ni easily.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    ^What?!

Are you saying that a Ti user can get so involved in her own system that she'd summarily dismiss rival systems and call their proponents idiots?

Such behavior is unheard of within the hallowed halls of intellectual integrity where Ti users roam!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ti analyzes or designs internal or theoretical systems.

Te examines or builds physical or operational organizations.

I offered two comparisons a couple of years ago: here and here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ti forms opinions, but does not promote actions to any great degree. It is a preferance for shifting through information, looking for logical conclusions or irregularities. Any found may be noted with interest, and the extroverted percieving function then goes looking for more.In ITPs, percieving serves judging, so the person tends have a more narrow focus on what appeals to Ti. In an ETP, perceiving rules, and they tend to cast the net wider drawing in a wide range of disperate information which Ti then goes through, possibly finding links between unexpected things.

Te is a method of relating to and dealing with the outside world. It utilises the inormation fed to it to assertain what needs to be and how best to go about it. It's conclusion provide a spur to action. In the primary possition, more time is spent on deciding how to do rather than what to do. When introverted percieving is stronger, more thought is given to the "what" part.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Looking at Zeno's paradoxes on Wikipedia I noticed the assumption that it is impossible to complete an infinite number of tasks. I would disagree on this assumption.

I suppose this can be stated as dismissing it forthright on the underlying axioms.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Ti: Original thought
    Te: Existing thought

Ti: Uses induction
    Te: Uses deduction
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Te is used heavily in empiricism, particularly in the scientific method. It's about hypothetical/deductive reasoning. This is NiTe in action. A practical application of Te would be if your flashlight was not working, and you had to decide what the problem was: light bulb is dead, or batteries are dead. You experiment to see if the flashlight's batteries really are dead, likewise with the light bulb. Once you have figured out what the problem is (the infamous Ni "ah-ha!" moment), you implement the action necessary to correct the problem: i.e. change the light bulb, or change the battery. You have made sense of the outside world via deductive reasoning, and have solved a problem, which is asking "how do I get the flashlight to work?".

Ti on the other hand is more of an internal logical system, a formation of your own mental model/representation of the world. TiNe is illustrated often in systems thinking and systems dynamics, where you construct a relationship between variables and represent how you internally interpret things. It is about internal organization of your thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTJ

Te- looking at the big picture

Ti- looking at the details to make sure they are consistent

Naturally people who are Te and Ti dominant work flawlessly together, since they are each other's checks and balances

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    Te- looking at the big picture

Ti- looking at the details to make sure they are consistent
    I disagree with that. There's so much more to it than that. I'm all about the big picture. Most N's are. S's thrive on details. I just happen to be able to notice/pick apart logical inconsistencies within that big picture.

As an example, when I've had people working for me in the past, I didn't really care much how they got their job done - as long as they got it done well and in a timely fashion. I didn't care to be bothered with the details - be autonomous, be creative, and figure it out. I'm here if you really do need me (like any boss would be), but I want you to figure out the details 80-90% of the time - that way I can focus on the big picture (and my own details - which we all have plenty of each day).

Where my proficiency with details comes into play is when people say they are doing one thing, but are actually doing something else. Or if the organization as a whole (and its VIP's) say that it is going in one direction, but is really going in another direction. "Our mission is to serve our target market with excellence." Great, but you're not doing that. You're serving some of your market and some of someone else's market - and you're not doing it with excellence, you're doing it with mediocrity. So, you're missing your mission on two counts. We see all of these kinds of things, but it's only because we're constantly scanning the big picture. Because I'm constantly scanning the "big picture" (and filing away what I observe into the Si database), if I see something that is inconsistent later that day or next month (or even next year), it's not going to go unnoticed. But, here's the key: if it's not something that affects the overall outcome or the big picture, I don't really care. I don't have the desire nor the time to focus on nonsense. Not all details are nonsense, but some of them are.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay