User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Relationships of Duality

If you are unaware of what type is your dual, freeze your "P/J" and reverse all of the other letters in your type.

ENFp >< ISTp
    INTj >< ESFj

I am referring to socionics here, and socionic types do not cleanly translate into MBTI types. However, both theories were designed with the original 16 types in mind, and they are the same the majority of the time. If you think that you are a clear, strong representative of your MBTI type, you are probably the same socionics type. From Socionics.com:

"Dual partners are like two halves of a whole unit. They usually understand each others intentions without any need to say a word. A Dual will naturally protect your weak points and appreciate the strong ones without asking for anything in return. Interaction with your Dual allows you to be yourself without the need to adjust to your partner like in other relations. This often saves both partners a lot of energy which they can use for their own interesting activities. Conflicts between Duals are very rare and if there are any, they are normally short lived and solved without pain. Your Dual partner will love you just for what you are and if there is such a thing as true love then it could probably only occur in relations of Duality."

Tell me what conclusions you have gathered about relationships of duality from your own personal experiences. I want to know how you have felt about duals in your life, and what you appreciate about them.

I will start by saying that while I am captivated by several types for different reasons, my dual relationships with ISTPs (of which one has been romantic) have been the most simple and natural. I'm an extreme N, and almost all S's, respectable communicators in their own merit, are incapable of meeting me on my own level for any extended period of time. I am no better at curbing my own style. As a result of our inability to communicate with eachother effectively, S's and I do not speak with eachother, and virtually all of my friends are N's. Such a small amount of what I actually say is useful in itself that anyone unwilling to take in my statements through a 'conceptual grid' becomes so bored with my ruminations and abstractions so quickly that building a complex relationship with them would be all but impossible.

ISTP's are the exception. They exhibit all qualities typical to S's, yet they share a quality that gives them the impression of being something other than an S to me, namely that they can easily take in and analyze every thought I want to convey, no matter how abstract, provided they are not too long-winded. For this, I am so appreciative of the ISTP type - they really are the "other half" of a mind like mine, and they are so in a way that is utterly attractive. There really is something special about the ENFP/ISTP dynamic I have noticed. SP's really live (emphasis on live) an interesting way, and were it not for the ISTP's, their entire way of life would be lost on me.

Tell me what you think
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

They are amazing, all that needs to be said really

Edit. That and I need to find myself an ENFP lol

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a socionics ISFJ, and ENTJs pretty much rock my world. I love them.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

You are talking about socionics when you bring up duality, so you should be using lower case j and p. Not to mention that MBTI types do NOT translate straight across into socionics (specifically for introverted types).

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm a socionics LII [INTj] and my dual would be ESE [ESFj]. Never really had any relationships with them.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, being ENTP I know only one ISFP for sure. He's an artist, semi-famous and dating my friend who's ENTJ. She admires the guy, I can't stand him. He's full of himself and thinks he knows everything. But then maybe that's what an artist should be to be able to produce and sell his work to others.

But I'd like to meet other ISFPs to see how the rest of them are.

I like ISFJs better but don't meet them too often.

Added later:
    Hmm... Maybe it's more that admiration on my friend's part than the guy I can't stand. I couldn't have a know-it-all in my life since I love to speculate so much!
    Last edited by Sachetan; 07-26-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Analyzing my thoughts and feeling a bit further

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Never really met a definate ISFP but i've met a handful of people who could be ISFPs and all of them are rather cool people. Seem to be very in touch with who and what they are about which is awsome and yet it doesn't seem to annoy them at all that i'm constantly trying to change everything about myself to be the best person I can.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    You are talking about socionics when you bring up duality, so you should be using lower case j and p. Not to mention that MBTI types do NOT translate straight across into socionics (specifically for introverted types).
    Fixed. Why do you think that is the case for introverts?
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Fixed. Why do you think that is the case for introverts?
    It's true, not necessarily, for all types, that socionics doesn't translate to MBTI. Plus, socionics extroversion and introversion have more in common with judging and perceiving, than rationality and irrationality has. Extroversion is closer to MBTI judging, and introversion is closer to MBTI perceiving, and rationality/irrationality is a new thing altogether. So sure, there are some weak correlations, no guarantees. I should also mention that the functions/elements are different.

However regarding socionics, yes I'm going to say it. Duality is ideal. Relationships are precisely what socionics is formed around, so figuring out your type and learning the system is recommended.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post

"Dual partners are like two halves of a whole unit. They usually understand each others intentions without any need to say a word. A Dual will naturally protect your weak points and appreciate the strong ones without asking for anything in return. Interaction with your Dual allows you to be yourself without the need to adjust to your partner like in other relations. This often saves both partners a lot of energy which they can use for their own interesting activities. Conflicts between Duals are very rare and if there are any, they are normally short lived and solved without pain. Your Dual partner will love you just for what you are and if there is such a thing as true love then it could probably only occur in relations of Duality."

Tell me what conclusions you have gathered about relationships of duality from your own personal experiences. I want to know how you have felt about duals in your life, and what you appreciate about them.
    The biggest problem i found with my dual was understanding. Closed book and lack of communication on both sides, moreso mine. I thought he was trying to control me and having come from a relationship where i was controlled so much it took me to the edge. I couldn't allow him to do this.

Hindsight. I see where he was coming from and have total respect now of how he was trying to help me. He wasn't trying to hurt me.

This site has helped me understand INTJ's better. I do respect their opinions and their way of doing things even if it is different from my way.
    I know i'd never be able to have a deep intellectual debate with them, but that is why he has friends. I am open minded enough to listen and question why he thinks what he does, try to offer ideas from another perspective and bounce ideas off each other. I would like to hope an INTJ could learn a few things from me as well. (Hmmmm) Lol.

I have been talking to 2 INTJ's on here since yesterday and i really dig the fact that they have come to the Guardhouse and asked questions. They may look scary, but they are only human afterall. Pussy cats.

If i was to have another relationship with one. At least i know what i would be going into. That is, if they haven't run a mile from me.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe