First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Yes, I actually know an INTJ who is an SEE (ESFp) in socionics. It's not fucked up at all, it's just a different system.
    Yes. It is totally different. There isn't much of a translation.

Just like how I'm an MBTI INFP and a socionics ISFj.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yes. It is totally different. There isn't much of a translation.

Just like how I'm an MBTI INFP and a socionics ISFj.
    I really need to get a faster stopwatch to monitor how long it takes you to jump from INFP to ISFP and back to INFP.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I really need to get a faster stopwatch to monitor how long it takes you to jump from INFP to ISFP and back to INFP.
    Dude. I was an ISFP for an experiment for less than 2 days. People need to chill the hell out.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I've only been in relationships (romantic) with ISFJ girls. Always been naturally attracted to them. So, I think it totally works.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

the swapping the J and P around for introverts to translate to socionics is the biggest crock of s**t and whoever first said it should die in a fire

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    the swapping the J and P around for introverts to translate to socionics is the biggest crock of s**t and whoever first said it should die in a fire
    but it's true! I read it in Wikipedia.

Topic: nope, ESFs don't work for me.

MBTI
    STP

I can tell you the duality between ENFP and ISTP. This is aside from romantic or feeling side of the relationships which most here try to relate it to, just the connection that exists. When problems arise, ENFP face it with NeTe which is a try it attitude, ISTP face it with TiNi or a lets analyze this attitude. What ENFP does is provide the data because of there lets try it attitude for the ISTP to say, ok lets figure out what all happened and why and feeds it back to NeTe to try it. ITSPs need real life data to compare, we are not as good at figuring out what is gonna happen. We like analyzing what happened.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    NeFi

I've skimmed through this topic because I find it interesting how there's this mix between MBTI and Socionics that happens sometimes... As people have been saying, types don't exactly translate between the two. And noting from a couple posts, the types do NOT have the same functions, nor are the functions the same definitions... So you can't apply MBTI types to Socionic's intertype relations. You have to find out the Socionics type for yourself and everyone involved, and then apply the relations. That means learning how Socionics defines the IEs and functions... All that fun stuff lol
    pursuing my true self

MBTI
    INFP

I agree with Matthew; there isn't any way to take the Socionics concept of duality and apply it to MBTI. The main reason being that even in cases where the first two cognitive functions/information elements are in the same spot, the Socionics ordering and the MBTI ordering are quite different from that point on. This might not be too bad as far as trying to type oneself, but it completely throws the intertype relations like duality out of whack. The intertype relations completely rely on the order in which the "functions" appear.

What MBTI calls "cognitive functions" (like introverted feeling) Socionics calls "information elements" and they will show up differently according to where they appear in a person's function order. Also, they aren't all the same. Socionics introverted sensing and extraverted sensing bear very little resemblance to the MBTI versions.

Socionics
    SLI

I think fictional examples of duality, as in television shows and so on, can demonstrate duality quite well as well. That is, can be used as learning examples of what a particular duality looks like, what characterizes it. For example, of the top of my head, the show Flintstones strikes me as a nice example of IEI - SLE duality.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've only been in relationships (romantic) with ISFJ girls. Always been naturally attracted to them. So, I think it totally works.
    Didn't you say the same thing for INFP-s?