First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I didn't know it was supposed to be a good match. LOL. I've been chuckling about that all day. But yeah, I would gladly hope for you to find the same! It's pretty great.
    It seems like with ESTPs you can bounce ideas off of them and they will give you all the input you want (in their own realistic way of course) simply because they love people, and if they love you (as a friend or anything greater) then that will make them want to listen even more. I dunno, there is a very specific chemistry with ESTPs that has been awesome for me. It seems like with each other's points of views and humor that it's so different that it's captivating. With my humor usually the ESTPs just sit there in awe as I'm joking around, and I usually do the same when they are joking around. Their points of view are just so drastically different from mine, but in a non offensive way. I like it. I also get this same experience but to a lesser extent with ISTPs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

ESTp (ESTP) - INFj (INFP) is actually a CONFLICTOR pairing, not dual. These types are supposed to have a hard time understanding each other. While they may appear similar to the dual and thus give both persons high hopes in their interactions, the relationship will have major barriers that will quite possibly kill the relationship.

Read up on it:
    Conflict - Wikisocion
    Conflicting relations between psychological ("personality") types

On a side note, the (hopefully) successful relationship between an INFP and an ESTP should strongly suggest that MBTI =/= Socionics. Consequently, this should also significantly hurt any chances of duality cleanly applying to MBTI.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It seems like with ESTPs you can bounce ideas off of them and they will give you all the input you want (in their own realistic way of course) simply because they love people, and if they love you (as a friend or anything greater) then that will make them want to listen even more. I dunno, there is a very specific chemistry with ESTPs that has been awesome for me. It seems like with each other's points of views and humor that it's so different that it's captivating. With my humor usually the ESTPs just sit there in awe as I'm joking around, and I usually do the same when they are joking around. Their points of view are just so drastically different from mine, but in a non offensive way. I like it. I also get this same experience but to a lesser extent with ISTPs.
    Yes, I have a female friend who is also ESTP, and we hit it off really well. It's always comfortable and fun hanging out with her, and she seems to just sort of know exactly what I'm thinking and what I need. (I think the same is true of her feeling comfortable and cared for by me as well.) The other day we were at the park and there was a big party of some sort going on. She said, "Hey! Let's see what's happening over there," and then dragged me over before I could argue and did all the talking with everybody. Haha. I would have never gone by myself, but we had a ton of fun together and it was not hard work for me. Both my SO and my ESTP friend are really different from me, but I agree that it's almost captivating, and also non offensive to hear their points of view.

My brother is an ISTP, and we get along pretty well too. Once in a while I want to kick him, but then again, he is my brother...
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    The (Jungian, 1st tier) Socionics Dichotomies are as follows:
    Introversion/ Extraversion
    Sensing (or sensory)/ Intuition
    Ethics/ Logic
    Irrational/ Rational

While those are the standard names for the dichotomies, Ethics/ Logic can also be known as Feeling/ Thinking, and Irrational/ Rational can be known Perceiving/ Judging. These less commonly heard aliases are occasionally used, especially when comparing or referencing Socionics with other systems such as Jung's and the Myers-Briggs.

Naturally, Ethics/ Logic is referred to as Feeling/ Thinking more than Irrational/ Rational is to Perceiving/ Judging simply because Jung himself (argued to be a forefather of Socionics) called the functions Feeling and Thinking, while Judging/Perceiving is used in systems developed after Jung, notably MBTI.
    Right. They have the same names, but they aren't the same terms. That is where there seems to be confusion with a lot of people when you try to explain the theory this way. Much of this cross application is wishful thinking.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    ESTp (ESTP) - INFj (INFP) is actually a CONFLICTOR pairing, not dual. These types are supposed to have a hard time understanding each other. While they may appear similar to the dual and thus give both persons high hopes in their interactions, the relationship will have major barriers that will quite possibly kill the relationship.
    I know nothing about socionics, so it's a good thing I didn't put any stock in such things when I got into a relationship with my ESTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Looking for ISFp female.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP

So Matthew_Z, I'm confused.

My INFP (MBTI) type is actually INFj in Socionics?

A while ago I took a test that labeled me IEI, and that corresponds to the INFp type in Socionics, according to this page: Who is who?. Also, I took a test at this Socionics site that you linked earlier, and my test results labeled me as INFp. Can you help me understand this? I think you already explained some things earlier in the thread, but I'm still a little confused.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Socionics and MBTI types do not correlate exactly. For example I'm ILE in Socionics, but I know other MBTI INTPs that are ILI, LII, and LIE. Treat your Socionics and MBTI type as different.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP

OK, thanks, Costrin. I'm not even going near the Socionics thing. Hah. Too confusing for me, and some of the descriptions seem weird to me. I'll just stick with MBTI for now, thanks.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Socionics and MBTI types do not correlate exactly. For example I'm ILE in Socionics, but I know other MBTI INTPs that are ILI, LII, and LIE. Treat your Socionics and MBTI type as different.
    Yes, I actually know an INTJ who is an SEE (ESFp) in socionics. It's not fucked up at all, it's just a different system.