User Tag List

Default Cracking the personality type code

You may find this interesting

YouTube - typelabs's Channel

MBTI
    INTp

Well it tells you what the functions are but it doesn't really elaborate. I prefer a written profile, but I like the way each video shows how you figure out what a type's functions would be. Useful for beginners, but I do hope typelabs comes out with more comprehensive videos.
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

Last edited by Vasilisa; 04-18-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: to add description
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I've found this a while ago, although I don't think is as accurate as the previous link, but maybe provides a quicker overview on function stacking per-type, so i'm adding it for future reference.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    @ygolo

We do not experience reality directly. Instead, we interpret all incoming stimuli through a preexisting matrix which in turn generates our entire world view. Our personality is a set of traits necessary to maintain the integrity of this structure, and ultimately derives from the processes that form and elaborate our concept of reality.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Interestingly the article you posted also says Ti is more global while Te more localized.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking establishes analytical and linear connections between our overall perceptions. It will build a web of specific and direct connections suggested by overall external elements. Introverted Thinkers are therefore not directly interested in the external situation, but rather on any understandings that it may provide.

Extraverted Thinking

Extraverted Thinking establishes linear connections within a localized matrix area. It brings order into specific aspects of life, and for this reason, an Extraverted Thinker will impose structure and order onto a particular organization or institution.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ

Very interesting. I found that the thing which most stood out to me was about how there are no Fe/Fi and Te/Ti per se, but just a general T/F which seems different because of how it is organising a given perception function.

I also liked the really abstract descriptions of the functions like in terms of a matrix, though it is a bit hard for me to wrap my head around.

Also?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Interestingly the article you posted also says Ti is more global while Te more localized.
    Also?
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Also?

- - - Updated - - -

Also?
    Meaning Ti is not accurately described as focused.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

This idea is based on the right-left brain hemisphere theory of Brain Types Institute (the same source as Lenore Thomson's old theory). Ti is a "P" function (works with extravered Perception), and "P" is right, where "J" (such as Te and introverted percpetion) is left. The right brain is supposedly more "global", while the left brain is more localized.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas