• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your type? Have you had a mood disorder?

What's your Type? Have you had a mood disorder?

• ISF, yes

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • ISF, no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESF, yes

• ESF, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IST, yes

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • IST, no

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • EST, yes

• EST, no

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • INF, yes

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • INF, no

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • ENF, yes

• ENF, no

• INT, yes

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • INT, no

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • ENT, yes

• ENT, no

• Total voters
P

Phantonym

Although I'm sure that the mild hypochondriac in me would disagree, I've never had mood disorders that would require medication. I am very moody, that's for sure, but nothing manic. Well, I have mild depression periods now and then but I don't consider them that serious.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTP, and no, a mood disorder is probably the one of the only PDs I don't test as likely to have. Unless not having moods is a disorder? I avoid these questions since I assume the answers would not be a good sign.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't want to pollute your poll since I don't know my type but I have struggled with depression and social phobia off and on since I was a child.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ENTJ - no mood disorder

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Does OCD count as a mood disorder? Or is it a personality disorder?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't want to pollute your poll since I don't know my type but I have struggled with depression and social phobia off and on since I was a child.

Same here. I attribute it to my home life more than type...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
While I have genetic predispositions towards anxiety and depression, I've yet to see the symptoms manifested in me.

(INTP, no)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP and yes, i have battled with depression since i was about 15, i'm 23 now.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I had a mild depression that is now gone. The therapist did a great job! Exercise helps as well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bipolar II. Diagnosed 9 years ago. That diagnosis was the best thing to ever happen to me. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I had major depression from 16 to 19 yrs of age. That was due to circumstances though. Not once did the doctors ask why i was depressed, just kept giving me the zombie tablets. I took an overdose (1 was cry for help, 2 was the real deal) when i was 19. Funny thing was when i was released from hosptial and saw the doctor again, i was given the zombie tablets. The same tablets that were used to take the overdose a few days earlier. Waste of space doctors are sometimes.

Since then, :D

ring the bell

INTP.. yes, I've battled depression/ anxiety off and on for years. I had a pretty deep dose of it last year, but things worked themselves out. I was told that there was a suspicion if bipolar there, but I haven't seen any symptoms in quite a while.

Life is good now.. I've learned enough from the past mistakes to know how to avoid going there again.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had major depression from 16 to 19 yrs of age. That was due to circumstances though. Not once did the doctors ask why i was depressed, just kept giving me the zombie tablets. I took an overdose (1 was cry for help, 2 was the real deal) when i was 19. Funny thing was when i was released from hosptial and saw the doctor again, i was given the zombie tablets. The same tablets that were used to take the overdose a few days earlier. Waste of space doctors are sometimes.

Since then, :D

Ugh. Don't get me started! I agree with this a lot! Wait...the doctors feeding meds to patients instead of talking through issues. Although, meds are needed in some instances. But it should be both. Meds AND counseling...they go hand in hand.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I was in a mental space that could have probably qualified as major depression for about 6 months, but it was related to life events, so I answered no in the poll. It was the way I worked through things, and I think it was a pretty natural response, more akin to grieving than a disorder.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't think I've ever had a mood disorder before. There are times when I can be somewhat depressive, but it is because of life events, not just the for the sake of being depressive.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depression and anxiety for several years. Probably also bipolar.

I've just been coming out of it (more or less) recently.

And therapists are a waste of time. I don't recommend falling into their scams. (I know how I feel, how do I get rid of it?)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Therapy has helped me immensely, particularly when I had a specific problem to solve. YMMV but in general I think it's been shown that therapy and medication together work better than either one alone. Therapy isn't like a carwash, though, where you sit there and let the therapist fix you. They only facilitate, provide a framework/guidance system. You have to do the work yourself.