• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your type? Have you had a mood disorder?

What's your Type? Have you had a mood disorder?

• ISF, yes

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • ISF, no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESF, yes

• ESF, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IST, yes

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • IST, no

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • EST, yes

• EST, no

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • INF, yes

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • INF, no

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • ENF, yes

• ENF, no

• INT, yes

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • INT, no

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • ENT, yes

• ENT, no

• Total voters

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Exercise, sunlight, and a proper diet are all great for boosting mood.

+1
I also found keeping busy helpful (Unless you have a super busy life, in which case the opposite would probably be most beneficial).

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
At the age of 25 or so I identified myself as an ENFP and noticed slightly altering moods. I suspected cyclotymia for a while. Towards the onset of my burnout at 26 some suggested I had a bipolar disorder, which was probably due to one-time event triggered by external stressors. Enter depression for 3-4 years.

The possibility of a cyclotymia/bipolar diagnosis lived for a while, until disproven by the medical experts.

So a lot of speculation over nothing.

The funny thing was the layman misdiagnosis of a bipolar spectrum disorder, when there was none, and the almost complete neglectance of my diagnosed depression!

I knew from the start I was just more lively and excitable than my countrymen in Finland. Took a few visits to the shrink to find out just that. A depression went just as the usual routine in my country, which btw (if it isn't obvious by this point), leads the statistics in incidence of depression. What a sad place of pricks, with the exception of few good friends I've got over the time.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ygolo, what was your hypothesis in asking this, I was wondering? Also, why haven't more people answered this poll...? Is it a hard question to answer?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INfj

I guess you can say what I had according to the descriptions was recurrent brief depression. It was mild in that it was controllable strictly by mental exercises. I don't like taking drugs.

Anyways, it went poof now. :)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I had a depression a few years ago. It took almost 2 years. It's pretty much a miracle that I survived. Sometimes I did think of killing myself, but then I decided not to do that because I would've given my "enemies" what they wanted if I did that. (Yes, my paranoid nature saved my life.)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although I'm sure that the mild hypochondriac in me would disagree, I've never had mood disorders that would require medication. I am very moody, that's for sure, but nothing manic. Well, I have mild depression periods now and then but I don't consider them that serious.

lol...I think this is kind of where I stand. I have had phases of depression now and then, and social anxiety to a degree, but I tend to view these things as more of the human condition, where it's 'natural' to a degree, and will vary depending on ones own unique disposition.

Not that there aren't extreme cases, but for myself, I've always been able to do my own flavor of cognitive therapy and have been able to work through any episode/tendency I might have just by thinking things through and also accepting the nature of life (i.e. sometimes it just plain sucks ass)...and I'm sure the fact that I view much of it as 'natural' also influences the process as well. So I voted 'No'.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes--both mild and clinical/severe depression, and a pretty severe bout with panic attacks/anxiety that I managed to recover from.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I have ADD (diagnosed) and an OCPD-like persona (undiagnosed for it can be 'reasoned' with). Those two factors had created enough problems in the past, sans the help of a mood disorder.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ, no. I've had bouts of melancholy before, but not enough to consider a disorder. Nobody is content all the time.

Though I will agree it's not good to be unhappy all the time either.