• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is About.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
We ask all the time what is about type.
Nothing is about type.

The question is what type is about.
Subject is about the object.
The subject matter is beyond the subject. :)

Analogy.
Take religion.
They talk about God.
An epithet.

Einstein spoke of God. The Pope was confused.
The Cardinals examined the matter.
They said Einstein did not speak of the epithet.
He spoke of the real thing.
The real thing does not interest the Church.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, type is about constantly refining a framework that was created to define and describe human character and personality, isn't it? That's the reason I began studying it.

So personality and human characteristics aren't about type, type is a creation that's about them.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been mulling over the extent of the whole theory. Is type just some on the surface kind of thing, applicable to only a few basic mannerisms, or does it extend deep into the mind, where each and every thought can be defined and is unique to your own type in one way or another. Can type explain everything that you do? Does it have any kind of limit?

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Coincidentally, this circularity seems very relevant.

How we increase awareness and consciousness, and how we reinforce or 'discover' them and continue on to refine our understanding of them, are seemingly 'codependant'. And this relationship and it enduring as well as being or providing its own sustenance, is what might be continually manifesting itself in reality as what we identify as evolution.

This is still not clear to me, and at the very least not wholesomely, hence it's on going. I'm putting it out there prematurely mainly because of the coincidence of the timing of this post

deleted
What is the real thing? Is it what you see with your own eyes, or is it just a belief you have? Who in all his authority says what you see with your own eyes isn't just a belief you have?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
We ask all the time what is about type.
Nothing is about type.

Analogy.
Take religion.
They talk about God.
An epithet.

Einstein spoke of God. The Pope was confused.
The Cardinals examined the matter.
They said Einstein did not speak of the epithet.
He spoke of the real thing.
The real thing does not interest the Church.

I think you meant to post this in the "Talk Like Victor" thread?

:D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type is about finding ones place in society, and come to terms with it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Victor doesn't use to talk like wildcat... but in the first month he was here anyhow.

Wildcat influence :)

Ummm type.

When one have no other tools, one must make do with anything on hands. No different than myths anyways... But all of science originates from myths...

Plus science still can't explain/describe everything. Hence we have other models, of MBTI is one such.

A model... a tool, to be used correctly or abused.

I disagree with Victor. It's not the fault of the tool, but the hands that wield it.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, type is about constantly refining a framework that was created to define and describe human character and personality, isn't it? That's the reason I began studying it.

So personality and human characteristics aren't about type, type is a creation that's about them.
Yes. You enter a store and ask to see a suit.. of your number.
The type is a number.
The suits are manufactured in number?

No. In the store the suits are not manufactured at all.
There is a professional who manufactures such things, though.
Only then we have the type that fits the number.

But it is not standard.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been mulling over the extent of the whole theory. Is type just some on the surface kind of thing, applicable to only a few basic mannerisms, or does it extend deep into the mind, where each and every thought can be defined and is unique to your own type in one way or another. Can type explain everything that you do? Does it have any kind of limit?
Essentially, this is a question of quantity versus quality.

Qualification does not change an inch in quantification.
Look at the map. What do you see?
The measure is not in context with the measured.
It is wrong then?
What is wrong?

Languages is a typology. They speak French in France and Italian in Italy.
What French? What Italian?

A national state is a myth.
This does not mean I agree with Victor.
Mythology comes handy.
It is not a good tool. It is the only one we have.

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's a tool for reaching to achieve the ultimately impossible: to see yourself as others see you, and to know others well enough that they can always keep their dignity with you and you with them. I believe.

G

garbage

I disagree with Victor. It's not the fault of the tool, but the hands that wield it.

Seriously. It's like blaming a hammer for bludgeoning someone in the head.. someone's gotta be wielding it.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I just see it as a way to understand myself and others better, to be able to see what makes others tick quicker and use that knowledge to be more persuasive. I also want to discover enough about myself to be able to be more natural and free, more comfortable inside my own skin and to find a career that best suits me.