User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Temperament Confusion.

We have some lovely confusion here about the basic temperament phraseology.

There exists threads about the temperament and the MBTI system correlation figures.

People have acted in good faith.
    However it is not wise to believe everything you encounter in the Internet.

Internet is a jungle. It is mostly mud. There are pearls in the mud but they are very rare.

Popular psychology is there for a purpose.

There exists religious groups, diverse classes of occultists as well as other gloomy people.

They abuse psychology for their own intent.

Oh, well. You can draw correlations of almost everything. And sometimes that's quite funny.
    MBTI the way I/many people use it, falls in the category of popular psychology. And I/many people, like to play with it

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Oh, well. You can draw correlations of almost everything. And sometimes that's quite funny.
    MBTI the way I/many people use it, falls in the category of popular psychology. And I/many people, like to play with it
    Medicine?
    Find something else.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

You posted similarly yesterday, but I haven't read anything more than cryptic assertions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What you're saying, then, is that trying to equate MBTI with these other temperament theories dilutes it/confuses understanding of it, and promotes/gives validity to the system that is less useful/accurate?

After thinking about it, I would probably agree with you on the Temperaments, but I can see the Enneagram as having more validity. What do you think?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What you're saying, then, is that trying to equate MBTI with these other temperament theories dilutes it/confuses understanding of it, and promotes/gives validity to the system that is less useful/accurate?

After thinking about it, I would probably agree with you on the Temperaments, but I can see the Enneagram as having more validity. What do you think?
    I agree.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Htb
    You posted similarly yesterday, but I haven't read anything more than cryptic assertions.
    :confused:

Memorable quotes for
    Mystery Men (1999)

The Sphinx: We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.
    The Sphinx: To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.
    The Sphinx: You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums.
    The Sphinx: He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions.
    The Sphinx: You must be like wolf pack, not six-pack.

Mr. Furious tries to balance a hammer on his head]
    Mr. Furious: Why am I doing this, again?
    The Sphinx: When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack.
    Mr. Furious: And why am I wearing the watermelon on my feet?
    The Sphinx: [looks at the watermelon on Mr. Furious' feet] I don't remember telling you to do that.

The Sphinx: When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.

Mr. Furious: Okay, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...
    The Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...
    Mr. Furious: ...your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say. Right? Right?
    The Sphinx: Not necessarily.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Good things come to those who wait.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Good things come to those who wait.
    Nice quote, from a great ad about...

Guiness Beer.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Nice quote, from a great ad about...

Guiness Beer.
    I have not seen the ad. I suspect the phrase is a way older. The copywriters rarely invent anything, they are lazy people who pick up bygone sayings and pieces of music and people think they are new Mozarts or something.
    Now that we have Internet their work has become all too easy and they spend their days in the country club playing golf.

Autumn is coming and the Irish priests find shelter in the cozy pubs of Cork where they consume vast quantities of Guinness. The Veneti was a proto-Italo-Celtic tribe who lived south of the Baltic Sea before the historical era. They had a lot of sheep and they made a lot of wool and their druids drank a lot of dark barley beer not different from Guinness. The invading Slavic hordes drove them away from their homeland and what happened to them is a mystery no one can answer. Maybe some of their descendants settled in the British Isles. Their emblem was Swastika yes but it was not exactly in the Hitler form. They never worried about global warming.