User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Type suited & not suited for running a business?

I realize that MBTI may probably have a tendency to pigeonhole & boxing people into labels & 'groups' ,..but sometimes I do wonder if it does matter with the capacity/ability/skill for running a business. In other words, based from my observation, looking at some who fall , and some who succesfully rise to the top (even in a very quick & 'smart' & cunning ways) , I do now seems to be more 'aware' somehow that probably the answer to all of those rise & fall lies in the MBTI's different Types.

What I want to ask is: does it really relate with who's more sucessful in running a business? Does it matter?
    And if yes, which Type do you think that's more suited, and not (or very least) suited for running a business?

Plus, I'm sure you know the sayings: "in order to run a business, one has to be ruthless" .
    And it's just in my opinion that, some Types just lack that ruthless and goal-oriented aspect, which can eventually turn out on the success or failure of running a business. For example, just from my own observation, "NF" types seems to be lacking that ruthless aspect, often needed in business-world.

But I could be wrong..
    What do u guys think on this one?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It doesn't make you anymore successful. It just makes you feel special.

Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I realize that MBTI may probably have a tendency to pigeonhole & boxing people into labels & 'groups' ,..but sometimes I do wonder if it does matter with the capacity/ability/skill for running a business. In other words, based from my observation, looking at some who fall , and some who succesfully rise to the top (even in a very quick & 'smart' & cunning ways) , I do now seems to be more 'aware' somehow that probably the answer to all of those rise & fall lies in the MBTI's different Types.

What I want to ask is: does it really relate with who's more sucessful in running a business? Does it matter?
    And if yes, which Type do you think that's more suited, and not (or very least) suited for running a business?

Plus, I'm sure you know the sayings: "in order to run a business, one has to be ruthless" .
    And it's just in my opinion that, some Types just lack that ruthless and goal-oriented aspect, which can eventually turn out on the success or failure of running a business. For example, just from my own observation, "NF" types seems to be lacking that ruthless aspect, often needed in business-world.

But I could be wrong..
    First, I don't think that one truly has to be ruthless to run a business. My father ran a law firm for many years and my older brother is in the process of taking one over. While they're both driven, intelligent and ambitious people, ruthless is not the correct word to describe either of them. I would say that it being necessary to be ruthless to run a business is something of a myth.
    Also, I agree with Uberfuhrer in that I think type has less to do with one's ability to run a business than does how one uses one's specific strengths. I might also add that there are many different kinds of businesses and many different ways to run them.

MBTI
    ISTP

Ignoring all the areas that are better suited to other types; ignoring all the other factors that go being successful, the two traits that seem to be most useful are;

T - objective and analytical thinking tends to do better, if you assume that over representation is better.

J - the closer, the pusher and everything else.

Very little impact on the other two traits. Again, this assumes an awful lot and there are no generic answers. Different jobs/businesses need different types - for example, training/trainers tend to be better as Fs, just as most medical support staff is better as F. The P/J thing is a bit stronger, however, for any job that requires self-starting (namely creating your own business).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Honestly, I find ruthless is an inexperienced Fi description of Te.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The J isn't necessarily the hard-working stereotype.

J also tends to be the closed-minded stereotype with the time clock built in his head. The J wants to know what he's getting into, and probably won't try new things if he feels it's a waste of time.

P/J measures how you prefer to live in the outer world. What J means in having the outer world organized is wanting to stick to the plan. The J doesn't like surprises and wants life to be predictable.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post

But I could be wrong..
    I think ExTJ is the ideal type to run a business. Beyond that it somewhat depends on the business, because some businesses can do well with an introvert and others really require an extravert. Some businesses are better for a T and others are better for an F. In the end I think any type can run a business, but I think it is easiest for ExTJ's and hardest for IxFP's.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think all EJ's would be best, and all IP's would be worst, and IJ and EP would depend on the type of business.

MBTI
    ISTP

Just for the record, Is tend to be more represented in higher up leadership positions... although it isn't significantly more. The I/E divide really isn't much of a divide in business (unless you want to go into training or service industries). You have a full range of options as an I (or E)... it doesn't hamper you nearly at all.

(All this assuming a healthy level of either, not the "Extremes" that are assumed when calling oneself introverted.)

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Dear Lord you do not want me to run a business.

Customer/Client/Business Associate calls- Is LadyPinkington Available?

Secretary-I'm sorry Sir/Madam- you'll have to call back- she is currently in the Abyss of Despair and so is indisposed at the momment. We are hiring the sevices of an ENTP or ESTP to bring her out and we'll have her call you back after she is available.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables