First 12

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    go study engineering
    I prefer imagineering to engineering.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm not exactly sure what Ni is supposed to do. The description on cognitive processes was kind of vague.

Introverted iNtuition (Ni)

* Foreseeing
    * Conceptualizing
    * Understanding complex patterns
    * Synthesizing and symbolizing
    * Future

"This is how it will be."
    "Aha, that's it!"

When Ni is a preferred process...

* You usually feel a certainty about what is going to happen, often without much detail and without being able to trace the actual data that would support the prediction.
    * You focus on "what will be."
    * You are energized by transformational visions of how someone can grow or of a completely original approach to get there.
    * You are drawn to make those visions manifest.
    * Frequently you experience flashes of insight that present themselves as very broad themes and complex whole patterns or systems of thought without being triggered by external events.
    * Inner images come as a knowing that taps into universal symbols and with a certainty that they are true.

Introverted Intuiting is about Seeking Insights and Meanings

It focuses on:

* Identifying underlying meaning
    * Identifying the inter-relatedness of data
    * Synthesizing the information to reveal the "golden nuggets"

Its approach is to:

* Just state how or what action to take
    * Rely on insight to develop vision for the future
    * Envision without the need for tangible support

Introverted Intuiting's verbal communications are delivered in absolutes with a quest for meaning, i.e.:

* "Why?"
    * Identifying the hidden meaning
    * States what is going on behind the scenes

Introverted Intuiting's nonverbal cues are: reflective, serious, and confident; may appear complex, disengaged; could appear hesitant to respond.

To build rapport with introverted Intuiting, we can try:

* Providing a theoretical framework
    * Using symbolic, conceptual language
    * Relating concrete experience to theories
    * Asking them to show you how they made their connections
    * Asking for the long-term vision

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Introverted iNtuition (Ni)

* Foreseeing
    * Conceptualizing
    * Understanding complex patterns
    * Synthesizing and symbolizing
    * Future

"This is how it will be."
    "Aha, that's it!"

When Ni is a preferred process...

* You usually feel a certainty about what is going to happen, often without much detail and without being able to trace the actual data that would support the prediction.
    * You focus on "what will be."
    * You are energized by transformational visions of how someone can grow or of a completely original approach to get there.
    * You are drawn to make those visions manifest.
    * Frequently you experience flashes of insight that present themselves as very broad themes and complex whole patterns or systems of thought without being triggered by external events.
    * Inner images come as a knowing that taps into universal symbols and with a certainty that they are true.

Introverted Intuiting is about Seeking Insights and Meanings

It focuses on:

* Identifying underlying meaning
    * Identifying the inter-relatedness of data
    * Synthesizing the information to reveal the "golden nuggets"

Its approach is to:

* Just state how or what action to take
    * Rely on insight to develop vision for the future
    * Envision without the need for tangible support

Introverted Intuiting's verbal communications are delivered in absolutes with a quest for meaning, i.e.:

* "Why?"
    * Identifying the hidden meaning
    * States what is going on behind the scenes

Introverted Intuiting's nonverbal cues are: reflective, serious, and confident; may appear complex, disengaged; could appear hesitant to respond.

To build rapport with introverted Intuiting, we can try:

* Providing a theoretical framework
    * Using symbolic, conceptual language
    * Relating concrete experience to theories
    * Asking them to show you how they made their connections
    * Asking for the long-term vision
    Good stuff jag. Thanks

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Thanks Jaguar.

Frank: For me at least its a fairly natural mode of processing information. From the description I've just read, that mode of thought is generally engaged when Im working in an area that Im very familiar with. In those cases I've acquired so much information on the subject that its very readily understood in terms of its fundamental components, and being able to extrapolate the trajectory indicated. Ive always thought of it as being able to "call a pitch". I think this is pretty accessible: basically it just takes a lot of studying and repetition.

I think if I struggle with any tertiary function it'd be Fi. Its such a quiet and instinctual reaction that its easy to discount, but I almost always regret it because its generally right. I think that it takes a stillness to master that one that might not be easy for a enxj.

MBTI
    INTJ

More or less, for an ENXJ to spend more time with Ni, you need just to step away from the Se, just put it down, man, just take it easy, no one's going to hurt you today!

A quiet place, a few moments of peace, close your eyes, drift off into dream.

But you don't want to do that, really. I'm just saying, there's terrible--I don't know what you call them, I just call them "things"--there's terrible "things" down there. No, it's really better to leave them alone. They have this awful, hungry desire to get out and... and... like, grow? I think they want to become real, y'know? Like bursting through into this world? It's really better to just leave them alone.

^
    You crack me up. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Thanks Jaguar.

Frank: For me at least its a fairly natural mode of processing information. From the description I've just read, that mode of thought is generally engaged when Im working in an area that Im very familiar with. In those cases I've acquired so much information on the subject that its very readily understood in terms of its fundamental components, and being able to extrapolate the trajectory indicated. Ive always thought of it as being able to "call a pitch". I think this is pretty accessible: basically it just takes a lot of studying and repetition.

I think if I struggle with any tertiary function it'd be Fi. Its such a quiet and instinctual reaction that its easy to discount, but I almost always regret it because its generally right. I think that it takes a stillness to master that one that might not be easy for a enxj.
    The bolded portion rings true to me. So would this be an example of Ni?:

Not too long ago a couple of friends and I were touring this building that we were considering purchasing, subdividing and then reselling. Inevitably the question came up about which types of businesses would want to purchase the particular units. Immediately I stated three very different and not too mainstream businesses that would love these units. The next day when we were talking to the owner it turned out that those three types of businesses were in fact interested and had made inquiries.

I think this relates to what you were saying Rex because I have self-studied so many various aspects of business and investing for so long that sometimes I just know how things will develop with very little obvious external data. Ni?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Inevitably the question came up about which types of businesses would want to purchase the particular units. Immediately I stated three very different and not too mainstream businesses that would love these units. The next day when we were talking to the owner it turned out that those three types of businesses were in fact interested and had made inquiries.
    That is definitely Ni.
    I do that all the time in business and take it for granted.
    It's as if you know without knowing.
    You know?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think this relates to what you were saying Rex because I have self-studied so many various aspects of business and investing for so long that sometimes I just know how things will develop with very little obvious external data. Ni?
    Yep. Believe so. For me the problem comes with over thinking an issue. Seems to dilute the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That is definitely Ni.
    I do that all the time in business and take it for granted.
    It's as if you know without knowing.
    You know?

Truth.