• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's play a creativity game!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
A big circle table in the center of a room and this is the order they're all sitting in: ENTJ, INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ISTP, ESFJ, ISFP, ISFJ, ESFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ, INFP

NO .. sorry but i will take my name tag and sit where i want. Pref next to the quiet, hot guy so i can corrupt him whilst working bloody hard. ;)

layout.jpg

Do you get it? ;)

Put me next to an ENTP and i will get no work done .. Fun, Fun, Fun. :devil:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sounds like

"Get Things Going" = SPs
"Chart the Course" = NTs
"Behind the Scenes" = NFs
"In Charge" = SJs

Only thing is, we SPs won't be content to just come up with a plan, and we have a hard time "brainstorming". Best to let the NTs come up with a plan, the SPs implement it, the SJs manage it, and the NFs mediate the whole way through.

Oh, yeah. Watch me rock. \m/

Look at the link I gave. Interaction styles don't follow the normal classifications of NT, NF, SP, SJ. You're an ESTP, so you're the "In Charge" style. According to my plan you'd be the one responsible for implementing the plan in the group just like you are suggesting.

In fact you could make an all SP group doing this.

ESTP = In Charge
ESFP = Get Things Going
ISTP = Chart the Course
ISFP = Behind the Scenes

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
The link was loading very slowly before, probably because of my background torrent.

Actually, I'd redefine the groups to orient toward "In Charge" being STs and "Get Things Going" to be SFs, most probably.

"Chart the Course" actually sounds exactly like Keirsey's description of Rationals, and "Behind the Scenes" sounds alot like his description of Idealists with their mediating abilities.

But whatev. We're not actually doing this project, so it doesn't matter much.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
How about if everyone just goes outside, gets some fresh air, and then comes back in, and finds their seat waiting. Seats are assigned randomly without regard for personality type.;)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'd arrange it so all types sit ON the NFs. No one likes them anyways.

I'd fire everyone except the NTs. Those other types are useless, anyways.

Let's do the cliched round table of: ISTJ - ESTJ - ENTJ - INTJ - INTP - ENTP - ENFP - INFP - INFJ - ENFJ - ESFJ - ISFJ - ISFP - ESFP - ESTP - ISTP - ISTJ

In reality, I wouldn't use MBTI to seat my employees. I'd sit them by area of expertise(something MBTI can't judge) or some similar arrangement.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Joking aside, i would want to be seated near people who can handle constructive criticism, someone who wont cry when things get tough or get to emotional. Now, lets get this job done.

I'd arrange it so all types sit ON the NFs. No one likes them anyways.

I'd fire everyone except the NTs. Those other types are useless, anyways.

Let's do the cliched round table of: ISTJ - ESTJ - ENTJ - INTJ - INTP - ENTP - ENFP - INFP - INFJ - ENFJ - ESFJ - ISFJ - ISFP - ESFP - ESTP - ISTP - ISTJ

In reality, I wouldn't use MBTI to seat my employees. I'd sit them by area of expertise(something MBTI can't judge) or some similar arrangement.

Granted .. but by seating people by areas of expertise you are not necessarily maximising peoples potential so not getting the best.

Think outside of the box. Put people together who worked in different areas so then each can question the others logic thus possibly getting better results. ;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Put me next to an ENTP and i will get no work done .. Fun, Fun, Fun. :devil:

Yeah, but there's an ESTJ on the other side of you to make sure you do. ;)

So that way, you get one fun person, and one who keeps you focused.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at the link I gave. Interaction styles don't follow the normal classifications of NT, NF, SP, SJ. You're an ESTP, so you're the "In Charge" style. According to my plan you'd be the one responsible for implementing the plan in the group just like you are suggesting.

In fact you could make an all SP group doing this.

ESTP = In Charge
ESFP = Get Things Going
ISTP = Chart the Course
ISFP = Behind the Scenes

As much as I love other SPs, I wouldn't get anything done with a group of them. I'd be battling the ESTP, the ESFP would be trying to psyche us up and would annoy me and the ESTP in the heat of battle and the poor little ISFP would be quietly watching.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
My answer would be something like this:

A pentagram-shaped table, with an opening in the center for the ESFP to sit in.

The other types would be situated as such:

layout.jpg

Do you get it? ;)

I think it would also go like this:

Bottom section: Planners/Researchers/Developers

Bottom right: Executives/Managers

Bottom left: Public Relations

Top right: Art/Advertising

Top left: Logistics/Inspectors/Maintenance

Center: Company President (You DID create it, after all)

Let's get married.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
What options do I have in arranging the room? How many tables am I provided with? Are they round tables or square ones? Any cubicles? 16 chairs, I assume?

Until I get the answers, I have to say I would put the extroverts toward the center of the room. Other than that, I would mix the N's and S's together because together they would be great.

I saaaaaid you get as many rooms and tables and chairs as you want. Well, I don't know why you'd want more than 16 chairs. Unless you wanted people to lie down across like, 4 chairs or so so that they can get more comfortable. I would HATE it if there were a bunch of extroverts in my face all the time. I can't get any work done if there are extroverts around. Did you know they just talk to you the whole time?! How can anyone work like that?!

And mixing Ns and Ss!? Madness! How will they ever understand each other?!

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
How about if everyone just goes outside, gets some fresh air, and then comes back in, and finds their seat waiting. Seats are assigned randomly without regard for personality type.;)

I think it really matters. I worked in an office once where I worked at a table with (I'm guessing of course) an INTJ, ENFJ, INFP. Did not go well with an ESFP. They were all unhealthy too. The INTJ never spoke a word and wasn't friendly at all. The ENFJ was the most manipulative person I have ever met. The INFP was nice but he was totally whipped by the ENFJ. Then I moved to another table because we couldn't get along and I worked with an ESFP (and we got along GREAT btw) and an ISTJ. They were both unhealthy too but I got along with them way better. The ESFP and I never hurt each others feelings and the ISTJ and I knew when to leave each other alone. So yeah, I think personality makes a big difference.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I think I have a better idea.

Tables of two:
Promoter-Executor (ESTP)/Planner-Inspector (ISTJ)
Performer (ESFP)/Caretaker-Protector (ISFJ)
Supervisor-Implementor (ESTJ)/Action-Driven Problem Solver (ISTP)
Provider (ESFJ)/Composer-Producer (ISFP)
Director-Mobilizer (ENTJ)/Conceptualizer (INTP)
Inventor (ENTP)/Mastermind (INTJ)
Mentor (ENFJ)/Harmonizer-Clarifier (INFP)
Inspirer (ENFP)/Foreseer (INFJ)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So far I do think Athenian's is the best. But I was wondering... I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with socionics (I'm not all that familiar with it myself...so correct me if I'm missing something), but I found it interesting that you could arrange four groups such that each member in the group was either a Duality, a Mirror, or an Activity to another. So you don't have to read all of it, here's a few key points:

1) Duality relations are the most favorable of intertype relations providing complete psychological compatibility, as they are like two halves of a whole unit. Duals will naturally protect your weak points and appreciate the strong ones without asking for anything in return.
2) Mirrors are relations of mutual correction as they have similar interests and ideas, but a slightly different understanding of the same problem. Each can only see half of one problem, and always find what the other is thinking interesting.
3) Interactions of activities are nice and easy and the advice of one can strengthen the other's weakness.
4) Mirror relations usually lack warm atmosphere between partners. This situation normally changes in presence of a third person who is Dual to one partner and an Activity partner to the other.
5) Also note that while there isn't one of each temperament type or interaction style in each group, there's still a good mix. There's an SJ and SP in each group, and there is either 2 NFs or 2 NTs. I guess NTs and SFs pair up best together and NFs and STs pair up best together? As for interaction style, each style is in 3 different groups (1 group has two).

So the groups would be:
1) ENTJ, INTP, ESFP, ISFJ
2) ESTJ, ISTP, ENFP, INFJ
3) ENTP, ISFP, ESFJ, INTJ
4) ESTP, ENFJ, ISTJ, INFP

Anyways, this is all kind of theoretical. I don't know if it would actually work. But if the goal was generating ideas, I think it would work out quite well as everyone's weaknesses are covered by the strength of another. However, I have no idea what each group would be assigned to do... I'm sure there's a whole lot of varying interest. :huh: (I'd like trying to pit the groups against each other... like in a scavenger hunt or something. That would kick ass. Go Team 3!)

Personally, I'd like working with an ESTJ, ENFP and INFJ. They are the three most interesting types to me, as they have very different ideas that fascinate me.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2) Mirrors are relations of mutual correction as they have similar interests and ideas, but a slightly different understanding of the same problem. Each can only see half of one problem, and always find what the other is thinking interesting.
4) Mirror relations usually lack warm atmosphere between partners. This situation normally changes in presence of a third person who is Dual to one partner and an Activity partner to the other.

You know, I've never found socionics to be the least bit accurate. ISFJ is my mirror partner and none of this stuff is true at all. I've known several ISFJs and we've always loved each other and been warm to each other. Never had any of the other stuff happen. I don't understand why socionics is so popular.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
So the groups would be:
1) ENTJ, INTP, ESFP, ISFJ
2) ESTJ, ISTP, ENFP, INFJ
3) ENTP, ISFP, ESFJ, INTJ
4) ESTP, ENFJ, ISTJ, INFP

Wicked .. i am so in the best group .. I vote for this.
It would also work with my theory of ..

Think outside of the box. Put people together who worked in different areas so then each can question the others logic thus possibly getting better results. ;)

Great idea. :D

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I've never found socionics to be the least bit accurate. ISFJ is my mirror partner and none of this stuff is true at all. I've known several ISFJs and we've always loved each other and been warm to each other. Never had any of the other stuff happen. I don't understand why socionics is so popular.

Nah, I hear ya. That negative part about the Mirror relationship I'm not so sure in... I freakin love ESTJs. The first part is true for me though... we always find each others' ideas really interesting. One of my best girlfriends is an ESTJ, and we always keep each other in check... "Oh.... I never saw it that way."

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Let's get married.

:blush:

I'm glad you liked it. I thought you might. ;)

I saaaaaid you get as many rooms and tables and chairs as you want. Well, I don't know why you'd want more than 16 chairs. Unless you wanted people to lie down across like, 4 chairs or so so that they can get more comfortable.

Actually, that's not a bad idea... though I'd suggest couches or something rather than 4 chairs. I've always wanted to experiment with trying to create a more comfortable work environment where people can get into relaxed positions. It might increase creativity and/or productivity for some people.

I would HATE it if there were a bunch of extroverts in my face all the time. I can't get any work done if there are extroverts around. Did you know they just talk to you the whole time?! How can anyone work like that?!

And mixing Ns and Ss!? Madness! How will they ever understand each other?!

LOL. That's my favorite kind of humor. Sounds like you get it... or else you sound like you're joking when you're serious.

I think I have a better idea.

Tables of two:
Promoter-Executor (ESTP)/Planner-Inspector (ISTJ)
Performer (ESFP)/Caretaker-Protector (ISFJ)
Supervisor-Implementor (ESTJ)/Action-Driven Problem Solver (ISTP)
Provider (ESFJ)/Composer-Producer (ISFP)
Director-Mobilizer (ENTJ)/Conceptualizer (INTP)
Inventor (ENTP)/Mastermind (INTJ)
Mentor (ENFJ)/Harmonizer-Clarifier (INFP)
Inspirer (ENFP)/Foreseer (INFJ)

I see what you're doing there. Putting each type with their "bookend" letters reversed. I like that pattern, there's definitely some Ni going on in that.

I'd be concerned that there would be both potential style conflict, and a problem of shared weaknesses. But there's a lot of potential for that to work well, too.

I have actually noticed several NTPs that clearly have an SFJ side running certain parts of their lives, and several NTJs that clearly have an SFP side running parts of their lives. I had always wondered if it worked the other way around, and it's looking like you've, indeed, clearly got an NTJ side that operates in some parts of your life.