• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's play a creativity game!

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Imagine you own a business. You have 16 employees each representing one of the 16 personality types. There are as many tables, chairs and rooms as you want. How would you seat each of the employees in a way that you think would make them get the most work done, the most efficiently? (For example, you might seat all the STs together because you think they would work well together. And you might separate them from the other personality types and put them in the dark, cold basement!)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
You're not going to like my answer...

One big room, put tables and dividers on wheels. Let the employees decide how to arrange furniture themselves. If work permitted... ask people to rearrange seating arrangement once a year.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
You're not going to like my answer...

One big room, put tables and dividers on wheels. Let the employees decide how to arrange furniture themselves. If work permitted... ask people to rearrange seating arrangement once a year.

I don't get it.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
make all the opposite functions sit accross from each other and be handcuffed together, force all the NTs and NFs to take beurocratic jobs and the SJs to take creative jobs, force the SPs to do office work.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Have all the Fs on one side of the office and all the Ts on the other, and have a room with the sign ENTP on it, that locks from the outside.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
A big circle table in the center of a room and this is the order they're all sitting in: ENTJ, INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ISTP, ESFJ, ISFP, ISFJ, ESFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ, INFP

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
(For example, you might seat all the STs together because you think they would work well together. And you might separate them from the other personality types and put them in the dark, cold basement!)
What do you have against us, huh? What in the world did we ever do to you?

A big circle table in the center of a room and this is the order they're all sitting in: ENTJ, INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ISTP, ESFJ, ISFP, ISFJ, ESFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ, INFP
*groan*

Have all the Fs on one side of the office and all the Ts on the other, and have a room with the sign ENTP on it, that locks from the outside.
Correction, "ANtP"

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
What exactly makes them my ISTJ and ESTJ? They're guardians, I don't get them. I'd rather sit next to you. ;)

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I wouldn't know how to arrange by mb type b/c it's not a strong science. How do I know what are the opposite functions when someone may have 50% sensing and another 62% feeling functional preference? Of course even my cat could pick a thinking versus feeling type out. Sometimes it's not clear, well, most of the time it's not clear, what people prefer, especially workers.

If I had to use this model for management to be productive I would summons those who wanted or liked group dynamics to brainstorm ways for the gang to work best. Then, or simultaneously, I would ask for ideas from the group regarding sustenance, what would it take to keep people together for long periods of time, then I would ask the others remaining, how many wanted to be in a different job, and then I'd fire them. j/k

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'd wait until the situation actually occurred and I'd probably arrange them according to who works best together.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

I don't get it.

Take 2 then...

You have 16 different people. Who am I to say I know this person likes to work beside that girl while that guy rather hides in his little corner? People can figure out how to position themselves and create their own little "territories" to suit their needs. If they can't figure out something so simple, then they shouldn't be working for me. Why have tables and dividers on wheels? Easy relocation. For the first little while, I suspect there'll be some shuffling about especially for a new group of people who've never worked together. The wheels are there so people can move. No brooding resentment for being in the wrong spot when it's so easy to relocate.

The reshuffling once a year is to keep things fresh. I don't want the development of little cliques and what not. Everybody should be able to work reasonably well in the group. Plus mixing it up keeps people on their toes (prevent them from sliding into too much monotony). I think once a year is a reasonable time frame for that... not too frequent to be too disruptive and not too spaced out so people are used to reshuffles.

I wouldn't know how to arrange by mb type b/c it's not a strong science. How do I know what are the opposite functions when someone may have 50% sensing and another 62% feeling functional preference? Of course even my cat could pick a thinking versus feeling type out. Sometimes it's not clear, well, most of the time it's not clear, what people prefer, especially workers.
Exactly! Personality and work habits isn't just limited to MBTI types. People are individuals, trying to fit them into limited type boxes is just silly and isn't going to work well.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My answer would be something like this:

A pentagram-shaped table, with an opening in the center for the ESFP to sit in.

The other types would be situated as such:

layout.jpg

Do you get it? ;)

I think it would also go like this:

Bottom section: Planners/Researchers/Developers

Bottom right: Executives/Managers

Bottom left: Public Relations

Top right: Art/Advertising

Top left: Logistics/Inspectors/Maintenance

Center: Company President (You DID create it, after all)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
This is a "what would we each do if we created it" scenario. Although I don't mind being placed next to those two, I don't guess.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd separate them into four groups. Each group would have one person who has the "Get Things Going" interaction style, one "In Charge", one "Chart The Course", and one "Behind the Scenes". (I'd probably set the In Charge types as project captains and have them pick one from each of the other styles.)

Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Then I'd have the "Get Things Going" types brainstorm the most awesome idea they could think of to fit with the company. I'd have them share it with the "Chart the Course" and "Behind the Scenes" types in their group, while the "In Charge" can go take a break somewhere. The "Chart the Course" type would then point out all of the ways that the plan is doomed to failure. The "Behind the Scenes" type would listen to both sides and help make a working plan out of the two viewpoints. Once those three had a plan that more or less worked I'd make the "In Charge" type project manager. They'd make out a time table and assign tasks and make sure everything got done along the way.

Also I'd state what type of awards would be given out to the team that did the best. Then the four groups could compete with each other to turn out the best project.

G

garbage

I would try to put conflicting types in the same vicinity and grab a bag of popcorn :popc1:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What options do I have in arranging the room? How many tables am I provided with? Are they round tables or square ones? Any cubicles? 16 chairs, I assume?

Until I get the answers, I have to say I would put the extroverts toward the center of the room. Other than that, I would mix the N's and S's together because together they would be great.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'd separate them into four groups. Each group would have one person who has the "Get Things Going" interaction style, one "In Charge", one "Chart The Course", and one "Behind the Scenes". (I'd probably set the In Charge types as project captains and have them pick one from each of the other styles.)

Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Then I'd have the "Get Things Going" types brainstorm the most awesome idea they could think of to fit with the company. I'd have them share it with the "Chart the Course" and "Behind the Scenes" types in their group, while the "In Charge" can go take a break somewhere. The "Chart the Course" type would then point out all of the ways that the plan is doomed to failure. The "Behind the Scenes" type would listen to both sides and help make a working plan out of the two viewpoints. Once those three had a plan that more or less worked I'd make the "In Charge" type project manager. They'd make out a time table and assign tasks and make sure everything got done along the way.

Also I'd state what type of awards would be given out to the team that did the best. Then the four groups could compete with each other to turn out the best project.

Sounds like

"Get Things Going" = SPs
"Chart the Course" = NTs
"Behind the Scenes" = NFs
"In Charge" = SJs

Only thing is, we SPs won't be content to just come up with a plan, and we have a hard time "brainstorming". Best to let the NTs come up with a plan, the SPs implement it, the SJs manage it, and the NFs mediate the whole way through.

Oh, yeah. Watch me rock. \m/