User Tag List

First 1234 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'd wait until the situation actually occurred and I'd probably arrange them according to who works best together.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

One big room, put tables and dividers on wheels. Let the employees decide how to arrange furniture themselves. If work permitted... ask people to rearrange seating arrangement once a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I don't get it.
    Take 2 then...

You have 16 different people. Who am I to say I know this person likes to work beside that girl while that guy rather hides in his little corner? People can figure out how to position themselves and create their own little "territories" to suit their needs. If they can't figure out something so simple, then they shouldn't be working for me. Why have tables and dividers on wheels? Easy relocation. For the first little while, I suspect there'll be some shuffling about especially for a new group of people who've never worked together. The wheels are there so people can move. No brooding resentment for being in the wrong spot when it's so easy to relocate.

The reshuffling once a year is to keep things fresh. I don't want the development of little cliques and what not. Everybody should be able to work reasonably well in the group. Plus mixing it up keeps people on their toes (prevent them from sliding into too much monotony). I think once a year is a reasonable time frame for that... not too frequent to be too disruptive and not too spaced out so people are used to reshuffles.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I wouldn't know how to arrange by mb type b/c it's not a strong science. How do I know what are the opposite functions when someone may have 50% sensing and another 62% feeling functional preference? Of course even my cat could pick a thinking versus feeling type out. Sometimes it's not clear, well, most of the time it's not clear, what people prefer, especially workers.
    Exactly! Personality and work habits isn't just limited to MBTI types. People are individuals, trying to fit them into limited type boxes is just silly and isn't going to work well.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My answer would be something like this:

A pentagram-shaped table, with an opening in the center for the ESFP to sit in.

The other types would be situated as such:

Do you get it?

I think it would also go like this:

Bottom section: Planners/Researchers/Developers

Bottom right: Executives/Managers

Bottom left: Public Relations

Top right: Art/Advertising

Top left: Logistics/Inspectors/Maintenance

Center: Company President (You DID create it, after all)

MBTI
    ESTP

This is a "what would we each do if we created it" scenario. Although I don't mind being placed next to those two, I don't guess.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'd separate them into four groups. Each group would have one person who has the "Get Things Going" interaction style, one "In Charge", one "Chart The Course", and one "Behind the Scenes". (I'd probably set the In Charge types as project captains and have them pick one from each of the other styles.)

Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Then I'd have the "Get Things Going" types brainstorm the most awesome idea they could think of to fit with the company. I'd have them share it with the "Chart the Course" and "Behind the Scenes" types in their group, while the "In Charge" can go take a break somewhere. The "Chart the Course" type would then point out all of the ways that the plan is doomed to failure. The "Behind the Scenes" type would listen to both sides and help make a working plan out of the two viewpoints. Once those three had a plan that more or less worked I'd make the "In Charge" type project manager. They'd make out a time table and assign tasks and make sure everything got done along the way.

Also I'd state what type of awards would be given out to the team that did the best. Then the four groups could compete with each other to turn out the best project.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

garbage

I would try to put conflicting types in the same vicinity and grab a bag of popcorn

MBTI
    I

What options do I have in arranging the room? How many tables am I provided with? Are they round tables or square ones? Any cubicles? 16 chairs, I assume?

Until I get the answers, I have to say I would put the extroverts toward the center of the room. Other than that, I would mix the N's and S's together because together they would be great.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'd separate them into four groups. Each group would have one person who has the "Get Things Going" interaction style, one "In Charge", one "Chart The Course", and one "Behind the Scenes". (I'd probably set the In Charge types as project captains and have them pick one from each of the other styles.)

Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Then I'd have the "Get Things Going" types brainstorm the most awesome idea they could think of to fit with the company. I'd have them share it with the "Chart the Course" and "Behind the Scenes" types in their group, while the "In Charge" can go take a break somewhere. The "Chart the Course" type would then point out all of the ways that the plan is doomed to failure. The "Behind the Scenes" type would listen to both sides and help make a working plan out of the two viewpoints. Once those three had a plan that more or less worked I'd make the "In Charge" type project manager. They'd make out a time table and assign tasks and make sure everything got done along the way.

Also I'd state what type of awards would be given out to the team that did the best. Then the four groups could compete with each other to turn out the best project.
    Sounds like

"Get Things Going" = SPs
    "Chart the Course" = NTs
    "Behind the Scenes" = NFs
    "In Charge" = SJs

Only thing is, we SPs won't be content to just come up with a plan, and we have a hard time "brainstorming". Best to let the NTs come up with a plan, the SPs implement it, the SJs manage it, and the NFs mediate the whole way through.

Oh, yeah. Watch me rock. \m/
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

LAWL

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    My answer would be something like this:
    Impressive. Mostly I like my duty, im totally into marketing.