User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Pick a thing. Pick another thing. What do they have in common? How does this thing they have in common alter the way you see the two things?

Pick a thing and turn it inside out. And take it apart. Or attach it to something else. Morph it with something else. Imagine what it would be like to live in that new thing. Imagine if the world you live in actually was the world you just created. What would stop you from noticing this? Imagine what else could possibly be going unnoticed.

Continue.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    You might not want to Karen... it's messy inside the N dominant mind.
    She's right, Karen. I have had close encounters with these N minds. In my best Dana Carvey impersonating George Bush voice: "It's scary. It's scary!"
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So you're walking down the street of a small but booming little town. There are cute shops here and there, all good business. Lots of people all around. And suddenly you're starting to see sky scrapers appear out of nowhere, big buildings, fancy roads with lots of traffic. A bus is driving through you, you look inside and see an old woman hanging on tight to a pole, and an alternative type teenager with his hair in front of his eyes and dyed black, lots of chain stuff going on, sitting in the seat next to hear. The driver is yelling at a little girl who didn't get off in time and has to pay for a new ticket. And you see a 30 year older version of yourself sitting on that same bus, earplugs in, staring out of the window.

And you're thinking. "Damn. This place is pretty nice.".

I imagine as an S it goes like this.

So you're walking down the street of a small but booming little town. There are cute shops here and there, all good business. Lots of people all around.

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Look at a banana. And go: huh...I wonder what it would look like, smell like, taste like if grown on Mars instead of here. Could it be having purple dots and taste like a peach instead? And would the lesser gravity of Mars make it possible for those things to grow towards the sky instead of down? And wouldn't they be intently refrigerated since Mars is further away from the sun? Handy for transport! From there on you can create your whole breed of martians taht would work the marsian bananafields which would grow on big cliffs which would make it harvesting a job for trained mountain climbers. That would mean that job had to pay well since it requires a lot of skill, but maybe the martians are naturals at this or even slaves so that the fruit would still be affordable on Earth. I mean..Go nuts as you go along, it doesn't *have* to make sense. And 'see' the new fruit you've created in your head.

Enjoy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

This is your brain on S: Sees the trees instead of the forest.

This is your brain on N: Sees the forest instead of the trees.

This is your brain on drugs: Sees the trees staring back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    So you're walking down the street of a small but booming little town. There are cute shops here and there, all good business. Lots of people all around. And suddenly you're starting to see sky scrapers appear out of nowhere, big buildings, fancy roads with lots of traffic. A bus is driving through you, you look inside and see an old woman hanging on tight to a pole, and an alternative type teenager with his hair in front of his eyes and dyed black, lots of chain stuff going on, sitting in the seat next to hear. The driver is yelling at a little girl who didn't get off in time and has to pay for a new ticket. And you see a 30 year older version of yourself sitting on that same bus, earplugs in, staring out of the window.

These are all details and facts that are experienced through the 5 senses, so I don't think this is an example of intuitive thinking.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

These are all details and facts that are experienced through the 5 senses, so I don't think this is an example of intuitive thinking.
    Yeah, I didn;t mean it as literal. It's just that N seems to catch on to certain patterns that S's are oblivious too. But S's in turn are much more keen at spotting details in the present and now.

N's are floaty, S's are stationary!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP

how about this:

when an S watches movies like The Matrix, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter,
    and someone asked them: "so how's the movie?"
    the likely answer would be: "oh it's a good movie. cool"

when an N watches movies like The Matrix, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter,
    and someone asked them: "so how's the movie?"
    the likely answer would probably be (depending on what're the missing letters of xNxx) either of, or combinations of:
    - "wait a minute.. that doesn't make sense, how come Neo couldn't foresee the destruction of Zion? I thought the Architect was blah blah blah....(continue debating for 15 minutes or more)"
    - "hell, I could make a better magic than Gandalf's flashlight stick! try this: from his stick, it would suddenly emits a vortex that would absorb everything in spiral sky, darkened the sky, blah blah blah....(continue talking for 15 minutes or more)"
    - this is what really happened in real-life: as 10 to 15 friends of mine were just finished watching Transformers ROTF, about 11 of them just walk out the theater, and discussing "that was good movie. ok, so now where should we head for? home? or find a place to eat?" , while the remaining 4 people (including me) were discussing "so wait a minute, is the Starscream the sub-ordinate of The Fallen? but in Transformers 1, I thought he appears like three times, while in this sequel, he only appears here, here,...blah blah blah (continue debating until almost an hour!)"
    and last but not least:
    - "do you think there's a possibility that another dimension, or alternative universe would be like one in Hogwart Castle? let's see,..how can we enter such kind of realms..ah, look at the empty train station right there! and look at that wall, I think there could be an entrance to go to the Harry Potter's world, blah blah blah... (continue rambling for 15 minutes or more)"

see the difference?

MBTI
    I

I imagine - note key word: imagine - that it's the same as thinking like an S, except more abstract, big picture, imaginative, and random.

imagine not being able to see the things right in front of you. Instead you live inside of your mind. Close your eyes and try not to notice external stimuli-just imagine a place where you are sitting quietly and watch the thoughts as they bubble up-watch the connections being forged between the thoughts. Try and connect two random thoughts that really have nothing to do with one another. My brain does this crap endlessly.

I dunno if that is helpful at all.

also BTW I really like reading the questions that you ask. There are so few esfps here so when you ask them it comes from a very different external perspective and makes me think about things differently. It's neat.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sensing sees the present for what it is at the moment.

Intuiting constructs/sees possible futures for the present.

Sensing takes data at face value.

Intuiting takes data and runs with it.