• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Balanced life, psychologically good practices and the effects on type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The reason I introduced myself as a new person a while ago is here: type theory, as applied in pigeonholing and stereotyping doesn't appeal to me that much.

It's much more relevant for me to do what's good for me, as opposed to think my type. Yet as this is a type forum, I discuss type.

I think one should go for psychologically good practices within themselves, something that works for them. Something that leads to good life, satisfactory life, results, freedom, everything. It doesn't harm to be an integrated whole, a complete whole, while enjoying many aspects of life and having diversity within oneself. I think the type theory has given me lot to think about, a lot about all the different viewpoints one could have.

I'm quite open psychologically. I like to act situationally a lot, and to learn and enjoy different thought patterns. It leads to somewhat of a balance for me. I'll think critically when I'm evaluating a plan, creatively when I'm drawing, decisively when wanting to accomplish, then often dragging a long time trying to decide something.

Then of course there's a trace of persistent traits that influence every activity I do; N more than S, T a bit more than F. This gives a slight preference for some type, near-50% preferences, and variable type test results depending on what's I've done for the week, and a life-long pattern of eNtj. I think that leads me to be xnxx. N, because S seem more like one-approach-people, one interpretation, no alternatives etc. So I got that there, some functions in type theory are persistent with me :devil:

Does balanced life and psychologically good practices lead one to be an xxxx?

I haven't decided to be average. I'm just trying to find everything I can do with my brains, and somehow sort it out.

Btw, I'm not trying to "find my type" or looking for advice how to live. Both of those are dull topics right now.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was merely positing that one's attempt at using their whole brain is likely to lead to an ambiguous MBTI result in the long run.

G

garbage

Does balanced life and psychologically good practices lead one to be an xxxx?

I haven't decided to be average. I'm just trying to find everything I can do with my brains, and somehow sort it out.

It stands to reason that, if you've gotten yourself into enough situations where you've become good with many of the functions, you're gonna have a hard time with tests and type descriptions because you'll be able to read a part of yourself into each answer.

I dunno. My definition of "psychologically good" seems to match yours--that we should strive for balance. Socionics takes the standpoint that we should play to our strengths and identify with our dominant function first and foremost, also realizing our individual limitations. I suppose the truth is somewhere between those opinions.

Jaguar

I was merely positing that one's attempt at using their whole brain is likely to lead to an ambiguous MBTI result in the long run.

I completely agree with you.
It's called balance.