• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The role of gender on MBTI types

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I think gender is an easy variable to track. Compared to other variables, it probably creates visible, general divides in the MBTI types. Often you will read a type profile and it will specify that males of a certain type will generally act or perceive in different manners than the females. Gender is a large force in the socialization of people, and it certainly influences the way that people see themselves through the looking glass, perhaps causing them to consider acting in a different way than is the most natural.

Can we start pooling ideas about specific differences between genders of any and all the types? For example, I'm inclined to think that (straight) INFP males do not specifically want to identify with their healing/dreamer qualities, as it's not societally recognized as very masculine, and thus not very acceptable (especially in the USA).

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I think gender is an easy variable to track. Compared to other variables, it probably creates visible, general divides in the MBTI types. Often you will read a type profile and it will specify that males of a certain type will generally act or perceive in different manners than the females. Gender is a large force in the socialization of people, and it certainly influences the way that people see themselves through the looking glass, perhaps causing them to consider acting in a different way than is the most natural.

Can we start pooling ideas about specific differences between genders of any and all the types? For example, I'm inclined to think that (straight) INFP males do not specifically want to identify with their healing/dreamer qualities, as it's not societally recognized as very masculine, and thus not very acceptable (especially in the USA).
I thought about this the other day.

Women inhabit the middle of the spectrum.
Minority is about gender.
MBTIwise, S is the majority.
Genderwise, N and S even out.
Consequently, the even out cannot take place in the middle of the spectrum.

Conclusion.
Statistics is elusive.
Numberwise, women have more N than men.
Gender difference is not only about perception.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The only thing that came to mind is that straight entp guys get arrested in germany for wearing bras in public... but thats a long story and I am prolly ot here :D

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Here's the gender split: women are typically F and men are typically T.

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
them T women are freaks of nature.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:)
Well, there's the obvious, that T women often find it necessary to curb some of the "side effects" of being thinking dominant in situations where they are expected to be nurturing and sensitive. So, as has been mentioned before, we usually learn to develop our feeling side a little sooner.
I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a big difference in terms of behavior between the males and females of ISxJ types. I wish I knew more people of different types in real life for better comparison of specifics.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENTP women are almost mythical..... in such a good way :wubbie:
ENFP men have black hearts again in a such a good way! :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
ENTP women are almost mythical..... in such a good way :wubbie:
ENFP men have black hearts again in a such a good way! :D

Oh I agree! I think I only know one ENTP girl in real life. She's really...a character.

Lol yes ENFP men and their black hearts...:shock:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISFP men seem more inclined to hide or ignore their feeling side (make it even more introverted).