User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

It seems like it is definitional: Fe users have a basic assumption that people directly cooperate on feeling right. Even INTP's show this. (If you look hard.) Fi users assume people indirectly cooperate on feeling questions.

What's the difference?

I don't know. It seems to be quite hard to express without just saying the feeling focus is different.

Both sides can approximate the other side's practice, but it isn't their preference. And if it's not their preferences, maybe especially Fi users will "feel wrong" and react.

How would an Fi user encourage an Fe user to approximate Fi practice? By making them fail, I guess, making them feel bad about themselves.

That actually seems to be what Fe and Fi users encourage each other to do: to fail. To not perform according to the standard set out by the other side.

And quite possibly T types are loudest in complaint because their F side is (at least theoretically) much more reactive than active.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, my fi isn't dominant nor secundary. I only seem to use it when I'm going through tough times. To get things in perspective in order to move on.

Since it is very irrational to be whiny and annoying.

Like Tifi. Has a ring to it.

But I can relate to Fi being a bit odd when very dominant in a person. They can get really irrational opinions and like totally back it up. Which can be very 'wtf'. (Not in all people.)
    Yes. This.

Heavy Fi users can come across very selfishly at times. They've reached their conclusion based on an internal values system, and don't really care how that conclusion will affect others. They feel like in order to be "true to themselves," they have no choice but insist upon x, and if you don't respect their wishes without question, you're some sort of oppressor.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't think my Fe function is as focused on "group norms" as would be indicated here. I take them into account, certainly, but it's more that there are some things I'm compelled to do to show individual people that I care about them (assuming that I do) and am mindful of their values, etc. I don't think that everyone needs to have that same perspective, although I'll admit that every once in a while it's confusing to me when someone doesn't. I don't see myself as an enforcer of norms; on the contrary, I think morality has a situational component that Fi occasionally neglects to take into account.

I can completely see why Fe, when used aggressively, makes people uncomfortable, though. It definitely can be manipulative and conforming.

I am not wary of it. But people with strong Fe are wary of me.

Which is because my Fe technically does not exist (plus my Fi is not anything special)
    What means that my natural reaction to Fe is Te. So it is inevitable that a Fe user will be annoyed with me since I am taking their statements apart by default and I am not impressed by their social status.

From experiance I know that ExFJ women are trying to keep their distance from me for the most part.. Which was quite obvious when I was still as school. But they did some probing since I looked quite lifeless to them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I don't think my Fe function is as focused on "group norms" as would be indicated here. I take them into account, certainly, but it's more that there are some things I'm compelled to do to show individual people that I care about them (assuming that I do) and am mindful of their values, etc. I don't think that everyone needs to have that same perspective, although I'll admit that every once in a while it's confusing to me when someone doesn't. I don't see myself as an enforcer of norms; on the contrary, I think morality has a situational component that Fi occasionally neglects to take into account.

I can completely see why Fe, when used aggressively, makes people uncomfortable, though. It definitely can be manipulative and conforming.
    I'm the same way. There are probably myriad ways that I express Fe that I don't even notice, but the main way I do express it is in being respectful of other people; paying attention to what their particular needs and wants are and adapting to that. But I wonder if that is Ni-Fe rather than simply Fe.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think of Fe as symbolized by a hug.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I think of Fe as symbolized by a hug.
    ...that too. I love hugs

Just remembered another way I express Fe: sharing ideas and perceptions with others. I like the back-and-forth of a good discussion.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yes. This.

Heavy Fi users can come across very selfishly at times. They've reached their conclusion based on an internal values system, and don't really care how that conclusion will affect others. They feel like in order to be "true to themselves," they have no choice but insist upon x, and if you don't respect their wishes without question, you're some sort of oppressor.
    This should normally be tempered by a value that almost all Fi-users share: since I want my personal space to do what I want, I will respect others space for this as well. It only becomes a problem when those spaces really clash and at that point, I myself would look for a solution that makes both parties comfortable. But I am indeed unlikely to completely step away from it and logic is the last thing that will convince me, only necessity will allow me to shift it aside temporarily and partially as an act of leniency to for instance not stand in the way of something that needs to get done, or a group's decision.

In a debate for instance, I see no point. I respect your pov and you will do the same for me, or the exchange of ideas will stop. It's sad that I in no way can show you why this is true for me (as Fi is sometimes really hard to explain though logical to us), but bulldozering me with your logic isn't going to help. The only time your logic is likely to influence me is if you come up with really good F-appealing arguments which show me a discrepancy in my core values, or I have yet to make up my mind on the subject at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ...that too. I love hugs

Just remembered another way I express Fe: sharing ideas and perceptions with others. I like the back-and-forth of a good discussion.

Fi-users like that too, as it allows us to enrich our view on the world and fit it those parts of the discussion that were useful into our core values.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Fi-users like that too, as it allows us to enrich our view on the world and fit it those parts of the discussion that were useful into our core values.
    Maybe in your case this has more to do with Ne? Ne is the extraverted function, not Fi. But regardless, this is why I don't understand why everyone is making it seem as if Fi and Fe are completely different. I get along smashingly with many xNFPs and there is little to no Fi-Fe clashing that I'm aware of. Our values could be aligned in the same way that another Fe dom/aux's values and mine could be different.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Maybe in your case this has more to do with Ne? Ne is the extraverted function, not Fi. But regardless, this is why I don't understand why everyone is making it seem as if Fi and Fe are completely different. I get along smashingly with many xNFPs and there is little to no Fi-Fe clashing that I'm aware of. Our values could be aligned in the same way that another Fe dom/aux's values and mine could be different.
    Oh you might be right, Ne might be the tool we use to collect the data, but Fi is its enddestination, usually
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”