User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

I'm finding it grating and tiresome as well.
    Same here. Let's all go out and bash some Fe together! *yawns*

I actually love my Fe, I just like how it enables me to relate to all kinds of people and just care about them.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm with jeno; I'm much more distrustful of Fi.
    Me too.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Same here. Let's all go out and bash some Fe together! *yawns*

I actually love my Fe, I just like how it enables me to relate to all kinds of people and just care about them.
    Same here. I love the way the people don't have to be in my "inner circle" or "of special meaning" or have some type of unique connection "just to me" to me in order for me to care about their welfare.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP

People with Fe do a lot of good and their concern for others is commendable. I would say I'm sometimes wary of it, when those with Fe are trying to get me to do something I'm not interested in doing. I find it controlling/manipulative, and I'm not really one to be controlled against my will. But if they get me on board first for an idea or a task it's a lot better.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Probably the same reason unhealthy Fe shows up in Amar's bs detector - I just don't understand it.
    Fixed.

And no actually, I learned how to use Fe myself at home as everyone used it there. It just feels unnatural to me to do so and it costs me a lot of effort. But I also learned to recognize the healthy vs the unhealthy forms as one of the family members was quite adept at it and some of the others weren't and did in fact use it to guilttrip and force their wishes on me and each other. To this day, I'm hypersensitive to that 'trick', and yes, maybe a bit too paranoid of it at times. I do love the healthy variant though, as it can be incredibly comforting and nurturing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yes, I get tired of the manipulation as well. But I am not distrustful of it. I get more thrown off when an Fi user changes values with the wind. I know an ENFP that has cheated on all her boyfriends and uses the excuse "it just happened, we just fell in love". Puhleeeze. Now of course, not all Fi users yadda yadda yadda...

I am starting to have an issue with the terms healthy and unhealthy though. Who determines that? And isn't it possible that within the context of the same human being you can find perceived healthy and unhealthy traits? I don't think we always need to add such a disclaimer... I don't believe that people are inherently either good or evil - and healthy or unhealthy.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Agreed, I'm talking about an 'unhealthy' use of Fe, in this case. As with any function, and for that matter, anything in life, it can be used or abused. Fi can be used to make excuses for yourself, and just as with Fe, you can mean it and believe it when you make that excuse. It's not untill later, during self-reflection that you feel the shame when you discover the self-deception.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    1w2

The problem is that Fe unhealthiness--as all extroverted functions--is more visible than introverted functions so it's an easy target. And people dump "manipulation" under the category of Fe indiscriminately. Add to the fact that I doubt most people on this forum truly understand the function (most threads about Fe turn into complaining and nothing gets learned) yet think they have a superior working knowledge about it adds to the misinformation.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

what is this "self-reflection" of which you speak? hahahaha...

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I think Fe rocks in gym socks. People who are squeamish of things that are dissimilar to themselves are just complaining about their own intimidation. Give me a break.

You can't blame a psychology function for your problems with individuals. Learn to tell the difference between the two, people. Quit dumping on Fe.