User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ok, again this sounds like an unrealized fear or paranoia. There's no basis in fact that an Fe user is going to steal your soul. Ask yourself: What makes them so unreasonably powerful in your mind? What makes you so easy to subjugate? The implication is that you can't defend yourself? Why do you need to defend yourself? These questions are directed outward, not specifically at Lamp.
    Well in that case...

these questions are a wee, just a little tiny bit, disingenuous.

Tiny bit.

Liddle.

Really small.

How come?

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    So the Fe/Si or the Si/Fe combo must be like the double whammy. That might be why I clash with SFJs in real life because I don't always think and care about the social appropriateness of everything. EDIT: I didn't mean it come off as bashing against SFJs.
    My thought too. I think Ni+Fe is a very different story than Si+Fe. (I too am not trying to bash SFJs, so please don't take that the wrong way.)

I personally really don't get the whole thing about us Fe users supposedly being tied to social norms, I am not, I love it and admire it when people push the boundaries of what is seen as socially acceptable (as long as they are not just a rebel without a cause and try to be shocking only for the sake of being shocking) I think my Ni has a lot to do with that, for example I can smell fakenness and insincerity a mile away and I hate them and I have no intention of holding up social structures that are hollow and have lost their originial meaning. That would go against my very being.

So I really don't know where people get the idea from that we Fe users are so set in our ways when it comes to social norms. Yes we try to make everyone get along with each other but we are not stupid or lemmings/slaves of our Fe.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    My thought too. I think Ni+Fe is a very different story than Si+Fe. (I too am not trying to bash SFJs, so please don't take that the wrong way.)

I personally really don't get the whole thing about us Fe users supposedly being tied to social norms, I am not, I love it and admire it when people push the boundaries of what is seen as socially acceptable (as long as they are not just a rebel without a cause and try to be shocking only for the sake of being shocking) I think my Ni has a lot to do with that, for example I can smell fakenness and insincerity a mile away and I hate them and I have no intention of holding up social structures that are hollow and have lost their originial meaning. That would go against my very being.

So I really don't know where people get the idea from that we Fe users are so set in our ways when it comes to social norms. Yes we try to make everyone get along with each other but we are not stupid or lemmings/slaves of our Fe.
    I don't think it's social norms per se, as much as it is making sure that others feel validated and respected through one's own actions. Many, though not all, social norms are representative of this desire. The social norms that say "I think you're an important person" are the ones that Fe tries to uphold, as opposed to the ones that seem to be there for their own sake.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I like Fe people a lot, what would I do without them? There is something admirable about someone who can be "out there", connecting with others, and wearing their heart on their sleeves. I do at times wish I could reciprocate the kind of feeling they give.

I fear I would be a hermit without them.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I don't think it's social norms per se, as much as it is making sure that others feel validated and respected through one's own actions. Many, though not all, social norms are representative of this desire. The social norms that say "I think you're an important person" are the ones that Fe tries to uphold, as opposed to the ones that seem to be there for their own sake.
    So would you say Si is the function that would hold up the social norms that seem to be there for their own sake? (That thought just popped into my head.)

Glycerine

So would you say Si is the function that would hold up the social norms that seem to be there for their own sake? (That thought just popped into my head.)
    I think that's what Udog was trying to say in the post above my other post.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Yep. It was fun when my inferior Si (i.e. how conservative I was when younger) started to get the beatdown from the auxiliary Ti about how stupid half these institutions were, and how they made no sense whatsoever. Right now, the tertiary Fe is starting to speak up, letting me know that yes, they may be stupid, but they make others comfortable, and you're pissing everyone off by being a constant overt iconoclast.

Yes, typology does work pretty well in describing my personality, why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I think that's what Udog was trying to say in the post above my other post.
    Ah yes.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yep. It was fun when my inferior Si (i.e. how conservative I was when younger) started to get the beatdown from the auxiliary Ti about how stupid half these institutions were, and how they made no sense whatsoever. Right now, the tertiary Fe is starting to speak up, letting me know that yes, they may be stupid, but they make others comfortable, and you're pissing everyone off by being a constant overt iconoclast.
    Same here. Fe makes me overlook a lot of "stupidity", if certain rules make somebody else feel good why should I desperatly try to dissect and destroy them, instead I will do my best to understand how a person functions and then use the rules/ways of doing things that are important to them as a channel to approach them. Instead of destroying their mindset I will try to navigate my way through it so that I can reach them. I guess that is what cultural sensitivity is all about.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Same here. Fe makes me overlook a lot of "stupidity", if certain rules make somebody else feel good why should I desperatly try to dissect and destroy them, instead I will do my best to understand how a person functions and then use the rules/ways of doing things that are important to them as a channel to approach them. Instead of destroying their mindset I will try to navigate my way through it so that I can reach them. I guess that is what cultural sensitivity is all about.
    You are way too nice. You're "trying to reach them" while I'm "trying to use their arguments against them", "trying to put up with them", or when magnanimous, "trying to understand how they are, so I can make things go more smoothly in the future". I guess that's the primary/tertiary split.

That's not a bad thing, either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm, I don't know, because Si is INFPs tertiary function. I will say, though, that I have a great deal of respect for history, and though I don't like the way social norms were more enforced in the past, I do tend to romanticize the orderliness of the Modern Era (early 20th century). I also tend to be made to feel "safe" by things that remind me of my childhood, particularly my very early childhood.

I have an INFJ friend. She and I are both liberals, and care about similar things. However, I have noticed that she is more into "politically correct" behavior on a much deeper level than I am. And despite the fact that she has crappy moods like everyone else, she tends to come across as very nice and nurturing. She's great. But I'm just saying - she does seem to be upholding social norms in her own way, more than I actively do. I get really adamant about certain social norms, but not as broadly. I'm more likely to have certain "issues" that I feel strongly about.