First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm very confused - I didn't see any bashing going on, or any reason for anyone to be upset. Is it just me?
    It kinda seemed like everyone just wanted to be heard.
    Defensiveness is causing some of us not to look at the solution but relive the problem with every story which can turn into a vicious cycle. Though those stories are handy as examples, they are just sitting there and are being countered by other stories, without being used to build something constructive, though some attempts have been made, which I was happy to see. Hence, I was hoping to redirect the attention to that (the way we did when we discussed this topic)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Build a rosetta stone:

Start by taking the interactions that Proteo observed. Break each down into steps.

What was the Fi trying to say and what did Fe incorrectly percieve?
    If it had been Fi-Fi what would the result have been?

Now do Fe communicating with Fi and Fe-Fe in the same scenario.

Pick like five scenarios and play them this way step by step and identify where the communication errors are.

develop an interpretation algorithm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ^Agreed. And see what common ground you can find within those situations that you can use as a key to unlock the rest.
    I down for this!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    One of the most manipulative people I ever met was an ISTJ. No Fe, and a Si-Te primary.

Figure that one out!

I'm finding it grating and tiresome as well.
    OMFG, funny you should say. Had an interesting chat with my ISTJ bud a few weeks ago over beers. HE was in fact going on at length about how he manipulates people into doing what he wants and how they don't even know it. I just marvelled at his in-depth honesty. He swears he doesn't do it to harm, but just to pick up ladies in the dating scene. Wild stuff. Put my Fe abilities to shame hands down.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Defensiveness is causing some of us not to look at the solution but relive the problem with every story which can turn into a vicious cycle. Though those stories are handy as examples, they are just sitting there and are being countered by other stories, without being used to build something constructive, though some attempts have been made, which I was happy to see. Hence, I was hoping to redirect the attention to that (the way we did when we discussed this topic)
    See that's funny because I find the examples extremely helpful. It helps me identify what I would do in those situations, and how others perceive it. I can be very unaware of self at times.

And it's always interesting to me to see how people interact with each other in response to these stories.

But if it's negative to others, by all means, we should stop.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    See that's funny because I find the examples extremely helpful. It helps me identify what I would do in those situations, and how others perceive it. I can be very unaware of self at times.

But if it's negative to others, by all means, we should stop.
    Oh the examples themselves are useful, it's just the fact that they aren't used to construct a bridge as such, as people are too busy either explaining or venting or defending their function. It's a natural response, but not really helpful in this situation. In fact, you could serve as an example in this case
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    1w2

Oh the examples themselves are useful, it's just the fact that they aren't used to construct a bridge as such, as people are too busy either explaining or venting or defending their function. It's a natural response, but not really helpful in this situation. In fact, you could serve as an example in this case
    I think they are in the sense that we get to see how this plays out in real life. I gave my examples as a rant but also to show that this is what certain bad FP traits look like to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Like I said, I find the venting extremely helpful. It helps me to know what people are complaining about, so I can adjust my behavior - Fe maybe?? I don't want to be the one causing these types of reactions, and if I don't even know that people are reacting this way, then what hope do I have? This doesn't come natural to me.

I don't know what you mean about me being an example. Can you clarify?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think they are in the sense that we get to see how this plays out in real life. I gave my examples as a rant but also to show that this is what certain bad FP traits look like to me.
    And I for one appreciate the insights. Are you interested in hearing why to Fi users some of them feel completely normal and finding out how they were meant to come accross? And after that, of course, I'd love to get the same feedback on your original reaction in the example, so I can learn how to identify this next time and deal with it properly and hence diminish the potential for frustration, aggrevation and miscommunication?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Okay, here are my thoughts. As I see it, Fi and Fe process values in a completely different order:

Fi:
    1. Internalizes and processes
    2. Extroverts to test - highest vulnerability

Fe
    1. Extroverts and processes
    2. Internalizes to test - highest vulnerability

The basic source of misunderstanding is that when Fi/Fe align (i.e. both extroverting), they are at completely different stages of processing. The strength of one function is the weakness of another, so there's always one party that feels highly vulnerable and off center.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Okay, here are my thoughts. As I see it, Fi and Fe process values in a completely different order:

Fi:
    1. Internalizes and processes
    2. Extroverts to test - highest vulnerability

Fe
    1. Extroverts and processes
    2. Internalizes to test - highest vulnerability

The basic source of misunderstanding is that when Fi/Fe align (i.e. both extroverting), they are at completely different stages of processing. The strength of one function is the weakness of another, so there's always one party that feels highly vulnerable and off center.
    Bravo you brilliant man.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke